• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Missile Speed Won't Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Alright, I have a hero, he picks up items, which have channel as an ability, when he casts/uses the items/channel abilities, he is given an orb effect corresponding with the item/channel ability he used, orb effects have different missile art, missile speed, missile arc, and damage values, all set to Attack Index 1, for some reason, missile arc doesn't change, neither does missile speed, they stay the same as the base value on the hero.

Ex.

Base missile speed for the hero is 100

Orb effect missile speed is 1200

In game the missile moves at 100.

The art changes, and the damage works, but arc and speed stay the same... Any ideas?

I'm using "Attack Lightning Damage" which is the Lightning Orb.

Level 9
how about instead of using orb effect, you use Critical Strike or Bash or Drunken Brawler as base ability.
I do remember it affect missile speed, missile art, missile arc. the only downside about this is the red damage text that appear on each hit.

Level 22
how about instead of using orb effect, you use Critical Strike or Bash or Drunken Brawler as base ability.
I do remember it affect missile speed, missile art, missile arc. the only downside about this is the red damage text that appear on each hit.

Well I know how to remove that, and the red text doesn't apply to bash...

I have a feeling that crit and bash don't give the desired effect, though I could try bash, since it can be used to modify base damage.

Level 22
If you think to set the damage multiplier to 0, that will cause the attack deal 0 damage.
otherwise, if that's not your method, I'm interested to know how you remove the red text.

what do you mean it doesn't apply to bash?

Red text doesn't apply to bash, and the red text is somewhere in the MPQ files, under "Misc.txt" or one of those text files where Wc3 grabs data, I found it a few days ago.

Also, if I used Bash, I would likely replace the Orb Effect...

Level 9
Red text doesn't apply to bash, and the red text is somewhere in the MPQ files, under "Misc.txt" or one of those text files where Wc3 grabs data, I found it a few days ago.

Also, if I used Bash, I would likely replace the Orb Effect...
but bash will have at least 0.01 second stun, I don't think you can set duration to 0 to disable stun.

and your idea to remove the red text through MPQ is interesting although it means all critical strike won't show the red text anymore.

Level 22
but bash will have at least 0.01 second stun, I don't think you can set duration to 0 to disable stun.

and your idea to remove the red text through MPQ is interesting although it means all critical strike won't show the red text anymore.

I think you can remove the stun from Bash simple by removing the buff... Or replacing it with a buff that doesn't stun.

Level 20
I think you can remove the stun from Bash simple by removing the buff... Or replacing it with a buff that doesn't stun.

You can't remove the stun, if you set the duration to 0.00 then the stun duration will be unlimited means it is 9999 or 3600 something, even when you remove the buff. So you must set it to 0.01 as possible.

EDIT:

I came to this problem too, about searing arrow ability ( auto-cast ), eg. the searing arrow ability has a 1500 range, the hero has 600 range so the searing arrow will transform to 600 range even if it has 1500 castrange. The arc, the speed and the range of a projectile can be applied to the hero's ATTACK. While stormbolt is a single missile ability and it is not come from attacks so the range and arc can be configurable. And maybe there's no solution..

Status
Not open for further replies.