• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Changing missile speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm rather new to using the object editor, and am trying to make an aura that increases missile speed by 10%/20%/30%, and have tried Trueshot Aura as a base spell.

However, I can't figure out how to change the effect from "Data - Damage increase" to increasing missile speed.

Considering how other custom spells have nothing similar to melee spells, I understand that it should be possible to add entirely new effects, but I have no idea how.

Last edited:
well you can't just change a Base unit's projectile's missile speed.

if you use fire arrows or any type of orb arrow, you can change the speed as well as the projectile file.

but, it would require some triggers to make it AoE.

perhaps there is an upgrade that will enable a passive orb in a disabled spell book on the hero, that, when units come near, they will recieve this spellbook and the upgrade will increase the level of the aura, making the orb effect have a faster speed and/or different projectile.

if that makes any sense.

Level 3
Well, in earlier versions of the map I discovered that spells like Searing Arrows didn't work with Attack Ground (Which is the only way to attack in my map), so I'd expect Orb effects to be the same, unless I've misunderstood how Orbs work.

The aura aspect isn't that important, but I'd like the animation to be there, so I thought Trueshot Aura would be a nice place to start, considering it required me to use a base spell when I tried to make a custom ability.

Level 3
Shameful bump, I feel that having an answer to this would increase my understanding of the editor by large amounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.