• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Accelerating Beyond Max Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
If you played DotA game, you'd be easier to understand this situation
Take "Homing Missile" ability from Gyrocopter, its missile uses acceleration system which increase speed gradually over time/range
The thing is, I want to know is, HOW do the missile sometimes surpass the limited 522 Movement Speed in Warcraft III Engine ?
I tried changing Max Speed in Gameplay Constants to 1000 but still, it obeys the 522 Movement Speed as if the engine is itself, hard-coded
So, what do the missile use for "accelerating beyond limited speed" ?
I'm suspecting it uses Move unit (Instantly) action OR the SetUnitX , SetUnitY
Or am I missing something over here ?

Yeah, it is possible.
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/133708-MoveSpeedX

It involves SetUnitX/Y (doesn't interrupt orders). It offsets the unit when they are moving according to their move speed. I suggest you use that library, because it is the easiest route (assuming you are fine with implementing AIDS and Key Timers 2 in your map).

To answer your question, you can't increase that value. The only way is to simulate it via the method used in MoveSpeedX. It is a bit annoying to do in GUI, and might lag a lot/be inefficient, but it can still be doable I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.