• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with a "booster"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to create a "booster" that will move the unit from one region to another in fast speed, and maybe some attached animation.
Here is a picture
ScreenShotRegion.JPG

I know how to add the attachment but the when i try to:
  • Unit - Set (Entering unit) movement speed to "high speed"
I realized that the max speed was 522 (or something)

Is there some other way to "move" the unit to the region over a time?
Not instant like this:
  • Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to (Center of "my region")
Another thing, the boost should not be able to be stopped.

Thanks in advance.

If you want a larger boost than movement speed of 522, you gotta use triggers.
Basicly you run a periodic timer and move the unit towards using "Move instantly", if you want the player to be able to control the unit while boosting you probably want to use the jass functions "SetUnitX/Y". Then simply apply the units walk animation and adjust the animation speed.
So if the unit enters the first region you, for example set a variable called "hasBoost" to true and the periodic timer will check for that. Once he units reaches the end simply set "hasBoost" to false and it will stop.

I am not at home currently, so try it yourself or wait 'till others post triggers maybe.

Level 3
  • Unit - Set (Entering unit) movement speed to "high speed"
  • Unit - Issue Order unit to move to (region)

Yepp, if I do this the unit will move to the location with (about) 522 speed.
But thats too slow! It will have to travel a long distance in a short time, but not instant.

Level 3
That IS exactly what i want.
Though I don't understand Hashtables.

Need to learn that, I think.
Thanks anyway!

Edit: Would it be possible to make the unit "non-controllable"?
Because if i move while the unit is "transported" the unit misses the area and continues moving out from the map....

Level 3
I know this is doublepost but i don't think its too bad...

When I try to write a dot "." in this trigger it wont work! HELP please!:cry:

• Hashtable - Save BoTemp_Real_1 as ((Key speed) x 1"HERE it should be 1.20") of (Key (Picked unit)) in BoMove_Hash

Level 3
there's no need to use hashtables for this,since you dont know 'em - there's other way.

Well, I've been looking at some guides to hashtables so I do know the basics about them. And the thing is that in the attached map (above) "Maker" made a dot!!!! And I can't so there need to be a way or am I retarded? :confused::confused:

I heard you should press Shift to input a negative number in certain cases, is this that case?

Level 3
Status
Not open for further replies.