• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Movement Speed settng over 522?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I was looking through spell maps, and I found one where the unit movement speed exceed 522 for a missile spell (similar to dota spear throw from potm). Here's the thing, I have an idea of how to make it using GUI, but I don't know how to change the maximum movement speed setting over 522. Can someone tell me how I can do it?

Level 6
I would use an ability array for a position point and a destination of a unit then set a real to the unit and increase its speed that way. : / I think that's how you might do it but not sure.

Level 22
You can't make the movement speed over 522.

You will have to use a Slide trigger variation to make it fast.

I have seen it without using slide or similar. I think it was done by using upgrades that increased the movement speed and altered gameplay constants. The only problem with that method was that the effect didn't come instantly, I needed to train the unit again before the effect came (don't know why).

Level 22
When I tested World Editor Unlimited a long time ago I was able (without triggers) to break the speed limit on units. I increased the limit in the gameplay constants and I used upgrades to increase the speed, when I then trained a unit which was affected by the upgrade it moved VERY fast (faster than 522).

Level 22
Anything (stuff related to the object editor and trigger editor) that can be done in WEU can be done with the normal WE. The reason I did it in WEU was that it already contained an upgrade that increased movement speed so it wasn't hard to do it.

Meticolous said:
And if you can do that in WEU, I guarantee you the map won't work in multiplayer at the very least.
WEU doesn't make your map unplayable for multiple players, it just adds tons of functions to your header and it adds models, units, abilities, upgrades etc. At least that was what it did when I tried WEU (2-3 years ago).

Ciebron said:
Screen shot or it didnt happen :)
Too late :cgrin:

Level 10
The only way i can think of would be to create an abillity that increases unit movement speed by 1000% or so and you can get by the max. Or an item they both work.

To do this simply go into object editor and copy endurance aura, remove the attack speed bonus make it a unit abillity instead of hero. Set the movement speed bonus to 1000% aka 10.00 on the editor. Give this ability to the unit you want to have it on. or give the abillity to an item

hope this helps :)

noj

noj

Level 4
In gameplay constants selete but dont open unit - maximum movement speed
hold shift press enter, put in any number, then enter again.
then use triggers to set units speed in map initilization.

i havent tested it ingame but i think it works...

Status
Not open for further replies.