• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Question compilation; Friendly fire without killing self, missile speed, scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm making my first custom map ever in which you launch ground attacks in order to hit your opponents.

For this, enabling Friendly Fire seems like a good idea, so you won't just hug the opponent and target yourself for minimal missile distance.

While you level up, you can train movement speed auras to help dodge the missiles, and I intended to have another spell to increase missile speed as well.

Lastly, I want a scoreboard, but as I have only ever made 2 triggers, I don't even know where to start.

However, when I get other players to play and they get to low health, they kill themselves, allowing a hero resurrection after 10 seconds, with full health and mana, but not yielding the on-death levelup trigger to the attacker, which I have disabled for ally-kills.

How can I disable the ability to kill yourself, without turning off Friendly Fire?

As to the spell to increase missile speed, I have tried spells like Searing Arrows, which don't seem to work with Attack Ground. Also, I'd like a passive ability over an autocast ability. As I have tried basing the spell off Trueshot Aura, I couldn't change it's data from increasing damage to anything else at all.

How can I make a spell to increase missile speed? Actually, how do I make a spell that doesn't just use the data from a melee spell?

As for the last question; How do I make a scoreboard that counts kills and deaths, and make a victory condition based on a function of them?

Sincerely, Tobbzn, aspiring mapmaker.

Level 13
Triggers,Triggers,Triggers ... :D
only for your speed thing im not sure
do you mean missile art speed?

you can set art animation speed to 150

or maybe add freezing death (from undead frost wyrm)
set your art missile model and art missile speed

Status
Not open for further replies.