• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Problem with Fan of Knives custom ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi,

So I am trying to create a custom ability based off of Fan of Knives, it's a short range fan of knives with an effect that is supposed appear on the targets instantly ( Not fly at them like regular missiles ), so i tried to change the missile speed, arc, and homing enabled. The effect is there on the targets but it doesn't play it's animation properly, just a few green specks underneath them that appear. I've tried messing around with the missile speed but I can never seem to get it right.

DC.png

Last edited:
Level 21
I think your problem is the fact that you based your ability off of fan of knives. FoK doesn't play any animation on the target units, it just plays an animation around the caster shooting missile models in all directions. if you base your effect off of something like war stomp it should do what you want - bc that spell naturally plays an animation on all the targets affected.

Level 21
I think that is hardcoded. You might need to base it off of a different ability to get rid of that. There migt be one like that with no deformation. Otherwise that is a very easy spell to trigger. pretty much just get a dummy to cast entangling roots on all enemies in range (and base the spell on channel...).

(and change that version of entangling roots by your specifications..)

Edit:

for the neutral hostile (creep) version of warstomp there are fields in the object editor that control terrain deformation (under data).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.