• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

fan of knives spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
any spells like fan of knives i can use? by this, i mean a spell with 0 cast time, instant and how it does not interrupt anything else, even if the caster's spell cast point animation is greater than 0

any way i can make the "Channel" ability have the same characteristics?

Level 4
Well, if you do want to be instant, there's options on channel ability, something like: "Data - Target Type" And select on "Instant (no target)". Then, you can set the "Data - Follow Through Time" to 0 and set "Data - Disable Other Abilities" to false.
(They are on the Object Editor, don't forget it...)

After that, be creative on trigger on what do you want to create, using "Event - A unit (Starts the effect of an ability)" or something like that...

(Hey, what about the another spell?)
Oh, yeah, there's some instant spell like Avatar, Divine Shield, Summon Water Elemental...
(Oh, Thunder Clap is what i think is close to Fan of Knives...)

Level 19
[quote="PizterMike @ wc3c]
Absk, Adef, Amdf, ANms, AEim, AHds (Berserk, Defend, Magical Defense, Mana Shield, Immolation, Divine Shield): These abilities don't stop the current order of the caster when used. The last five can be activated and deactivated (if that is enabled in the gameplay constants). The mentioned abilities can easily be customized by setting their effect to zero and catching their order and unorder string. You'll eventually have to remove the buff with the 'UnitRemoveAbility' native after catching an order, if you don't want buffs to show up on the unit. However the unorder is issued twice when these abilities are removed from a unit. Therefore you need a simple workaround to not catch these unorders.
[/quote]

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.