• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minerals & Vespene Gas Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Greetings,

I was looking if some could create a few models for me, specifically those of mineral patches and a vespene gas geyser, like those from Starcraft and Starcraft II.

I want to create my own races in a futuristic setting, (and there are PLENTLY of such models here thanks to the Hive Workshop :grin:) and chopping timber and mining gold didn't make any sense to me, since I'm an avid Starcraft fan I thought harvesting minerals (in place of trees) and vespene gas (instead of gold) would be perfect for a futuristic setting.

I hope I'm not asking for too much, being I'm a first time model requester but I'd like a vespene gas geyser that puffs green gas as an idle animation and has both a death and "depleted" animation.

For the minerals I'd like 3 or 4 variants of blue mineral crystals, that would be "eaten away" as they where mined.

I wanted both to be usable as resources that one could gather and use to build units, research upgrades, ect.

Regards,

Jake

Last edited:
Level 9
There are already a Vespin Geyser here on Hive..
--> Vespine Geyser

But no Mineral Crystals... Maybe you could use the tiberium ones?
-->Tiberium Crystals

The vespene geyser looks pretty, but the tiberium crystals just don't have the feel I'm looking for, I've played Tiberium Sun & Firestorm and know the serve the same purpose, but the light blue minerals, atleast to me look alot better.

Regards,

Jake

Level 9
Check This pack! It does have some extremely good quality mineral patches and vespene geysirs! Hope it'll help!

Those models are ok... and I mean just BARELY ok, there very low quailty in my opinion. (spoiled by the Hive :sad: I guess...)

I may take a stab at making my own, but if anyone wants to they can take a whack at making either the geyser or the minerals or both... :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Level 9
What do you mean "spoiled by the hive"?
The resource section on wc3c rocks and rules that of the hive!
It's like the elites of wc3 modding who dwell on that site. ;)

I took a closer look at the screenshots of the model pack Gyrosphinx suggested and they looked really rough and unpolished, prehaps that was just that one person and not the site as a whole.

I gotta stop jumping to conclusions. :bored:

I also really only feel safe downloading from the Hive, I'm weary of any other sites. :sad:

The offer to make the models stands if anyone want to make them. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Level 9
You may be weary of other sites but im going to tell you, wc3c is safe (but its really the corrupted stuff you have to worry about).

Status
Not open for further replies.