• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

custom ressources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Herew is my problem:

I need a way to create somes customs ressources like these one :
1- Red Crystal (I have all model required foir this) Can be harvested like mineral from Red Crystal Field
2- Atomic Product (*I have all model required too) Can't be harvested, you get it by building a Nuclear Transformer on a Vespene Geyser, then, it will give you 3 Atomic Product Unit AND 1 Vespene Gas unit Unit per 2 second (Like Automated Vespene Geyser)
Ps: Ressources for Terran only and SCV can't harvest vespen gas from Nuclear Transformer
3- Tumor Food (I have all model required for this one too) Can'T be harvested, you get 1 Creep Food per 2 second for each Creep Tumor.
Ps: Ressources for Zerg only.
4- Liquid Plasma (I have all model required, again) Can be harvested like Vespene Gas. Probe will build a Plasma Gathering Platform, then, it can harvest Liquid Plasma from. Plasma Gathering Plaform has 200 Liquid Plasma unit, when it reach 0, the Platform will becomes red and probe won't be able anymore to harvest plasma from this one. It won't be destroyed, the player need to destroy it itself.
Ps: Ressources for Protoss only. Can be built anywhere.

I only need to know how to add these ressources in the game, how to make workers able to harvest these ressources (Red crystal and Liquid Plasma) and how to makes buildings giving you ressources (Creep Tumor and Nuclear Transformer)

thanks ;)

Edit : I also need to know how to make somes units requires these ressources

Level 18
I can't find much about the use of custom resources. However, when you look into the Data and open the races tab you can find what kind of resources each race uses. By default Minerals and Vespene are checked and Custom Resource and Terrazine unchecked. I'm not sure what Terrazine is though and how to set and add the Custom Resource.

Terrazine is a campaign resource.
From the sounds of it you need a whole lot of custom resources.
Custom Resources can be created in the data editor.
For making units require custom resources, it can be found in the unit's Cost tab.
As for gathering those resources, such things don't usually happen. I mean it's possible, but it's usually a long a complicated process.
If you can, try using minerals and gas as it is. From the sounds of things your nuclear reactor or whatever works the same way a vespene geyser does.
Simply change the actor of an assimilator, reactor etc to an actor you wish to use as a nuclear facility.
You can add and take away the geyser's current count by triggers. From the sounds of things you want something like this:

Geyser initially 0.
Nuclear Facility built, geyser resources set to 200.

All you need to do for this is create a trigger that recognizes that a nuke facility was built, then adds resources to the geyser it was built on. If you set it to 200, then the player will be forced to attack / kill the facility in question.
If the player builds another facility, another 200 will be added. The effect is a geyser that is given 200 resources everytime something is built onto it.
However what you don't want is the geyser going over 200, so when you create your trigger, use "set to 200" instead of "add 200".

If you can manipulate minerals and vespene to your liking you've just saved yourself a hell of a lot of time.
If you can't, or you need more gather-able resources, my only suggestion is to look at a vespene geyser and mineral field and study how they work. I believe they use behaviors to add a little patch of minerals to the unit's hands after a set amount of time of harvesting.
At this point it's your best option. Study what is already there and go based off of that. I do not have knowledge in this field, because I have never attempted to do something like this.
Also try looking through tutorials, there's usually something for everything there.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.