• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Model: Gas giant planet (Jupiter, Saturn, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Intro: My name is BlargIAmDead; I introduced myself a few days ago in the "Introductions" forum. I came here because I had a question at The Helper, and someone there suggested I should take it to you. You can find the original question here:

www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89953

Project: I'm working on a two-player science-fiction map called "Among the Stars"; you can find the beta version here:

www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90892

It's good enough for government work, but the gas planet model I have from The Helper's "MurderMode" leaves something to be desired.

Request: MurderMode's model for a gas planet -- such as Jupiter or Saturn -- doesn't rotate, like the models for Earth and Mars here on The Hive. I'd like to correct that. If you want to re-color the rings so they look more like Saturn's (off-white, light grey, light brown, etc.), that would be great too.

Alternatively, you can try building a gas planet model of your own. I'll certainly give you credit on the final version of "Among the Stars", if I decide to use your model instead of MurderMode's.

Images: MurderMode's files are available at the first link, above. If you want to make a model of your own, Jupiter seems to be the least bland of the gas giants as far as cloud patterns go, and Saturn definitely has the most impressive rings. Images of both are readily available in your friendly local search engine.

Level 12
You are completely free to use any of the models I have in this game or triggers. I played your among the stars, and I think it's a very good start. it worked on enough, it can make a great game. I believe I have a very nice jupiter model in it PurplePoot got for me. I shall go more into your map you are making in a PM, it has very good ideas, and we could team on a map.

(I also have higher quality models of earth and mars. I also have other planets you may like.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.