• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mescalito

This is possibly my entry to the Modeling Mini-Contest #5

It is a spiritual companion to the Shadow Hunter. I loosely related the Shadow Hunter to Castañeda's 'Diablero', and one of his allies could the spirit of the hallucinogenic cactus plant, Mescalito :p
Contents

Mescalito (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A wonderfully creative and created model. Great use of texture and very good wrapping. Nice animations. Works in-game and is a nice addition.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Dude, this is frickin' awexome. Yeah, it's simple, but that was the point. This dude hits all sorts of bars for me; neat texture use (no one uses the Cactus blp), the mesh is rockin' ('tubular', even), with a sick flower-head & neat robes & such... His expression is so interesting; chill but also mournful.

The animations are great; very laid-back, 'chillaxing', just kinda "dude, man... dude", as one would expect from a drug-inspired dude. Most of all I love the Attack Spell anim; TOTALLY fits this idea. It's like he's wigging you out with his psychedelic migraine powers. Sure, he could use a 'bash' attack animation for ultimate utility, but I rather like that he does not.

Totally should be in the Contest. Even if I feel his connection to the Shadow Hunter is exceedingly tenuous (like, maybe even the Beastmaster?)...
Great model.

Level 13
A cactus mage eh? Cute!!! The walk animation could use a little bit faster or another walk fast animation would do the trick.