• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merit Badge: Nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Nominating Pharaoh_, DSG, General Frank and Vengeancekael.

These members really kept the site going and i feel they should receive this as a token of appreciation.

I can't speak for many people for a lot of the nominated i didn't know. These however were always helpfull and have a nice personality.
But i really don't think i don't have to point out the huge difference they made for this site in the past and that some continue to do in the present.

This is my opinion, take it into consideration if you wish.

Level 49
I've been asked to provide a reason.
Rui for being a pretty damn cool guy(or gal?). He has contributed more to the Hive and community than most of the people around here care to admit, or remember. And also because of an injustice regarding him and his admin position that needs to be fixed or repayed somehow.

I also nominate Rao Dao Zao, because he is, hands down, the best modder among us. If you need proof for that, go play his maps: When The Freedom Slips Away, This Wreckage and Project Y4.

Level 15
As always, I nominate myself because I'm so cute.

images

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Grey Nightmare for being the warcraft fan that he/she is and trying to recreate WC into SC2. Also, Goris - the sole person who is developing the biggest Wc3 Project I've seen anywhere. Pharaoh for being a very good moderator and providing neat advice if he is asked. fladdermasken - his exceptional terraining skills, vengeancekael - reasons have already been stated. Lastly, Misha! for his great sense of humor and all-around talent :).
I could state a lot more but that would just result in a very long list :)

Level 23
I don't know why I've been mentioned, because this is a community award and I don't actually do anything in the community (except shamelessly self-publicise).

But speaking of people that do actually do things -- I think Vengeancekael probably does deserve some kind of recognition for doing all that map reviewing and news batches and being active and all that guff. And he's a lovely bloke too (even if he does have the daftest, most terrible and generic username).

BTW, you misspelt "honour". :ogre_hurrhurr:

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Then I would consider nominate someone who I don't know, someone I don't think is a moderator and contribute in the best way maps should be made.

I'm talking about Nestharus - Since he is very active member as far as I've noticed and using Jass is superior to my GUI addiction.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Isn't this exactly the same as the respected user award?
(...)
I'm sorry to screw it up for whoever made the artistic work in the first post, but may I please ask for this award to not get handled out like candy bars? As in, that the award be handled to nobody else at all? I created the Medal of Honor and gave it only to 4 users on purpose.

Darky, in spite of, for good or ill, his careless behavior having led to the state of calamity wc3sear.ch was at when it was rescued, is basically responsible for all of this, it is because of him we're even having this conversation, not to mention his Return of the Dragons campaign being the jewel of Wc3 customs back in its days and still one of the highest acclaimed user creations ever.

Wolverabid was notorious for having been the most consensual staff member the Hive has ever had, never again, I dare say, will the Hive ever have such consensual leadership and good public relations as it had back in his days. Out of all the people Ralle got overly attached to, this was the only truly worthy one.

VGsatomi was equally notorious for: 1) having been one of the most dedicated persons I've had the pleasure to work alongside with; 2) Alisia Dragoon, which was entertaining despite not being as good as RotD; 3) The MeTooism concept, still for view at the Map Development forum, is a genious advice against a mistake that has been committed over and over; 4) having kept wc3sear.ch stable under his (VERY stable) leadership, which, given Darky's absence, was even before he was appointed Vice-administrator.

Mecheon was the only one who actually had the balls to keep the staff in-line and boot them in the ass and out of the staff. He may have been polemical at times, but I can't trace anyone who's ever had an argument against him, mainly because of how good Mecheon was at replying back. The straightforwardness, the clean reasoning and, man, the awesomeness, makes this character one to be remembered. Probably not as good an argument to justify his award as the others, and hence why I had a dilemma in his case.

I should have wrote a better description when I made the award. I'm trying to point that the individuals carrying this award, the Medal of Honor, have made contributions very significant to the Hive and/or their genuine uniqueness made them not only worthy of historical remembrance, but also NEVER hurt wc3sear.ch and/or the Hive, much by the contrary.
The only one I could have also added to the list was Hakeem, if I didn't think one could say his over-philosophizing and almost complete lack of action made him a bad administrator.

If you start handling it out to every John Doe, the award loses its value and becomes just another icon floating under your reputation. As in, something similar to what happened with the Respected User Award — I was surprised to find out I was not the only one averagely content to see it removed, as it had been awarded to so many randoms (and people who were NOT, in fact, respected) that it carried no value or meaning anymore.
I know this might go against the «no discussion» rule, but this needs to be said: unlike the users who currently have the award, all the users mentioned in this thread have their past tainted to some extent.

Me being an example. In none of those 4 or 5 people, who I've affirmed do deserve the Medal of Honor, as I envisioned it, do you find a record of 3 news posts by the Webmaster himself (yes, they're still there) accusing them of being a homophobe and a tyrant. To the 4 people I have given the Medal of Honor, I am barely capable, or even incapable, of pointing them a flaw, and even if I can, their doings far exceeded the damage such imperfections may have caused (e.g. Darky).
I may have done a good lot for the site, but if you ask around, especially to the old users, you'll see my season surrounded in controversy — be it the quarrels with certain users, from the notices to the unappreciated News Batches (my invention, where VKael's seem to get an extraordinary amount of love, for some reason) and forum descriptions — and I don't have any doubt most will say they'd rather have had the staff without me than me and my work in this site. The current status of people and overall state of things proves this.

The fact that practically no one understands this award as I envisioned it is demonstrated by the nomination of people in a situation like mine or similar, or people like The Dark Wizard, whose only doing and merit was taking advantage of badly placed trust to destroy an entire Hive generation.

My suggestion: use User of the Year or create a separate award called Merit Recognition, Prestige Award, or something of the sorts.

Level 14
Of the little sight I have over the staff I nominate -Pharaoh-. He seems to have the intention of keeping the hive an interesting and competitive place for people to display their skills and learn by providing ideas and making numerous events some successfull, others not so much. Other staff members seem to be drifting on the current he leaves behind.(no offense)

From the users I nominate RED BARON for having the biggest workshop and helping many many people in their struggles. For the same reason I nominate Mr_Bean as his dedication into helping with complex spells has resulted in great things for a lot of people including me.

For keeping on the track and stubbornly working on the largest project ever on WC3 I nominate Goris with her sole creation (in progress) of a masterpiece.

So, here is my complete list :

Magtheridon96 VeangeanceKael Pharaoh- Dragonson Crazyrussian BlackDeath PeeKay JollyD Sin'Dorei3000 Alpheraz Lucent TheWorldIsFlat JetFangInferno-Grendel Kitabatake Mr_bean defskull mckill2009 Drunken_Jackal kanadaj paillan troll-brain Nestharus Tank-Commander Bribe MortAr- RED BARON -Kobas- Rui DrSuperGood pyritie PurplePoot Wolverabid brad.dude03_Elenai Adiktuz Gilles Kimberly Aeroblyctos Happy Tauren Ralle justspectating ragingspeedhorn The Panda Maker hawkwing Deolrin ~Void~ Anachron Misha Pyramidhead -Berz- Mr.Goblin ap0calypse dionesiist NFWar DonDustin Archian anarchiaBedlam ...

Too many people contributed to the hive and in various ways, that's why my list is so long and not even complete.

I nominate Frankster, Pharoh_, Bezerker, NFWar, and Army of Pandas [WShatever his name is now] All for resource and tutorial contributions.

I also would like to nominate myself, seeing as I have helped a lot of people that have come into chat and asked questions on the forum. I have also helped people with quite a few projects.

Level 29
I'm not nominating and voting to anyone coz I agree with Vladadamm and defskull, this is really not fair, there are many
users that is good in triggers for example but bad in terraining and vice-versa...

If instead, the medal of honor goes to the best coder, I would nominate:
1) Magtheridon96
2) Bribe
3) PurgeAndFire111
4) Nesthaurus

sorry for that coz nes doesnt code in GUI...

Last edited:
I would like to nominate:
Nesthaurus For his uber systems and his unlikability of GUI (thx :D)
Magtheridon96 for his massive help line on spells and really anything to do with jass
and -Kobas- for his mass and finely done contribution in the map section.

Oh yes and I swear I will actualy do something useful for the community by the end of next year. Ahaha.

I agree with the seperation, the issue is some sections may even then have subsections, the most notable one would certainly be a line between GUI and JASS coding, prehaps another one between Spells and Systems. Since it's the only area I'm truely familiar with I can't give input for subsections in other areas really.

There may also be some issues with nominating in difference of position i.e Moderator vs. Regular user, since in a sense Regular users are less able to be helpful - as those who've demonstrated a good ability to be helpful tend to already have been made or suggested to be made into moderators by now. So I'd suggest drawing a line between that as well frankly.

As far as people I'd nominate personally I don't really know, there's too many to choose from without a narrowed-down framework, as others have already suggested but in their respective areas I'd nominate

1) Illidan(evil)x for their extremely high quality maps and models
2) Hakeem for always providing logical input to otherwise chaotic discussions
3) Frankster - little need for explanation why here
4) The Reborn Devil for encouraging others and I to improve our ability to program and code and generally being friendly.

Keeping the list short as others I find difficult to distinguish in how much they've contibuted in comparison to others - from my perspective.

Magtheridon96:
for being a good friend and best spell moderator
Pharaoh_:
for being a good arena chief and admin
BlackDeath:
for being a good icon moderator
Bribe:
for his contributions in coding,specially his Table
Vengeancekael:
for being a good and extreme map maker/moderator
CrazyRussian:
for the most icons
Nestharus:
for the most efficient codes and his knowledge.
Tank-Commander:
for his contribution in spells
PurgeandFire111:
for his wonderful tutorials.
Kobas:
for being a good map moderator.
Vexorian:
for being the king and the writer(author)of the JassHelper
Grendel,Kwaliti,and Tarrasque and also HappyTauren:
for their models
IllidanEvilX:
for his high quality and heavy coded maps
Asomath:
for being a mini-mod

Level 12
CRAZZYRUSSIAN for his mega-contribution to the icons section. He's surprisingly one of the nicest people around in the Hive. Pharaoh for his recent contributions with reviving the competition spirit in the Hive and as well being a very nice person. Wolfe and Dragonson for sustaining the RP section of the Hive for a very long time. And finally DonDustin for his contribution to the icons section as well and being a (once) great moderator.

Level 14
wopwop.png

editeditdie.jpg

Alright, i'm making this all official looking n shit

- * - * -
My first nomination goes for (CRAZYRUSSIAN).

He has provided tons of amazing icons to the hives and is very talented in what he does.
I think he deserves the Medal of Honor just because he has created such useful stuff for us all to use.

icons_14560_btn.jpg
icons_14562_btn.jpg
icons_13872_btn.jpg
icons_13782_btn.jpg
icons_13165_btn.jpg

Next nominated is (Vengeancekael)
Guy deserves it.. he fought for stuff while the hive was about to go down
to the deepest hole i have ever seen,
& i couldn't be more happy for anyone else that he became an mod again since i really think he earned it.
Very helpful and nice person.
Also, he is our news guy?
Nyan-cat.gif
Nyan-cat.gif
Nyan-cat.gif

Now we move on to (-Kobas-)
Our fantastic map-rater. Boy if you weren't there to keep
an eye on the new maps to give them an review and check them,
the map section would have been crowded!
People need your guidance to get a little knowledge on how to
improve their maps, fix bugs and stuff.
Also, thanks for always being in such a good mood!

12630486.png
78929422.png
97076669.png
65896913.png
84235786.png

(Hakeem) deserves one as well.
Hes in the chat 24/7. Might not "be at his screen" all the time cause
of all his sleeping, but when he is, he was the only one to keep
an eye over the chat-room. He didn't make any unfair rules or pick
sides. He always stayed neutral so.. thats why i nominated him.
Funny dude.
cbiggrin.gif
cbiggrin.gif
cbiggrin.gif
cbiggrin.gif
cbiggrin.gif

(Pyritie) might not been as active as he used too but..
he was the best god damn admin to take his feet on this site and i think
that deserves a medal of honor. Yes?
dancing_dragon_gif_by_hanarae0-d52r84b.gif

Frankster (GeneralFrank).
HAS made the most incredible, most amazing and creative work of this site.
Maybe this world! (
See how nice i can be :3
)
Unfortunately stuff had to be done and i completely support his decision.

He was a great mod who kept a good eye on the model section
and provided us alot of professional creations.
That's why he gets my nomination as well.

Also, fucking awesome guy.
Avatar__Transparent_Gas_Mask_by_FantasyStockAvatars.gif

Last but definitely not least (Dr Super Good).
I haven't really talked much with this guy, yet i have seen how active he was in his
time as a mod and how much good he did for the site.
I do not respect or support the decision taken out on him at all back then but it is what it is.
He deserves a Medal for being so helpful for both the site and the people using it.
_needle__by_xxpunkedprincessxx.jpg

One of those..

Last edited:
There are many people who have invested much of their time and lives into hive, Is the award just for 1 person? Or can it be awarded to a couple people?

Because I have been already honored with the "respected user award"
And was sadface when it was taken away.

Just wanted at least some sort of something for many years of service.

Rui and Pyritie names stand out for me, for the award.

Also, Daelin! even though the kid has not been here in a long time, but the amount of work he put in back in the day was worthy of a special award and recognition.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
(...)
Also, Daelin! even though the kid has not been here in a long time, but the amount of work he put in back in the day was worthy of a special award and recognition.
Did you know that Daelin was active at the start of the year? He submitted VERY good tutorials. He's apparently gone again, but who knows, maybe he'll return. He left stuff in his contact info too.

Level 14
I'll try to nominate people who haven't been really nominated; still, most of my nominations have already been mentioned here plenty of times. It'll just be unfair not to be mentioned again.

First

Cloudwolf

For his amazing WC3 resources. For his general contributions to the community. And for the fact that he believes in open-source and free editing of his work, ensuring that there are more awesome maps to come.

Second

OutsiderXE

For his unique WarCraft III campaigns. For his step-by-step explanations how a good map is made. And for the fact that he views his work here so seriously, that he actually put it on his portfolio.

Third

Sonofjay

Awesome melee maps, still an active user, active contributor; one of the first (and the few) to actually try and use a different terraining approach for melee maps.

Fourth

Vengeancekael

I've rarely seen a staff member of a website being so polite, objective and well-mannered while still being part of the community. I can think only of moderators in Civfanatic's website acting in a similar manner.

Personal mention:

APproject

Recently contributed for his project; he was actually the first member for whose project I contributed; his patience was an important part of my work with him. His project is also fairly awesome, and I feel safe enough to discuss my projects with him.

Ladies and Gentlemen!

The Staff has decided, that instead of the Medal of Honor, we are going to use the Merit Badge for this.
For full information behind the reasons, please read this post, made by Rui.

Here is a summary:
Rui has rewarded only four people with the Medal of Honor. These are a closed group, and the Medal of Honor was not meant to be distributed to anyone else.

• Darky, in spite of, for good or ill, his careless behavior having led to the state of calamity wc3sear.ch was at when it was rescued, is basically responsible for all of this, it is because of him we're even having this conversation, not to mention his Return of the Dragons campaign being the jewel of Wc3 customs back in its days and still one of the highest acclaimed user creations ever.

• Wolverabid was notorious for having been the most consensual staff member the Hive has ever had, never again, I dare say, will the Hive ever have such consensual leadership and good public relations as it had back in his days. Out of all the people Ralle got overly attached to, this was the only truly worthy one.

• VGsatomi was equally notorious for: 1) having been one of the most dedicated persons I've had the pleasure to work alongside with; 2) Alisia Dragoon, which was entertaining despite not being as good as RotD; 3) The MeTooism concept, still for view at the Map Development forum, is a genious advice against a mistake that has been committed over and over; 4) having kept wc3sear.ch stable under his (VERY stable) leadership, which, given Darky's absence, was even before he was appointed Vice-administrator.

• Mecheon was the only one who actually had the balls to keep the staff in-line and boot them in the ass and out of the staff. He may have been polemical at times, but I can't trace anyone who's ever had an argument against him, mainly because of how good Mecheon was at replying back. The straightforwardness, the clean reasoning and, man, the awesomeness, makes this character one to be remembered. Probably not as good an argument to justify his award as the others, and hence why I had a dilemma in his case.

Note that this will not change anything, as the purpose remains the same:
We want to reward those who have been supporting The Hive Workshop through passion and commitment.

The hierarchy of our social awards is as follows:
User of the Year > Medal of Honor (closed group) > Merit Badge

The User of the Year-Award is our ultimate award and the hardest to achieve, but there are many people in our community whos
merit has been remarkable, which we did not want to be left unrewarded.

Now please continue your nominations!

Thank you for your attention!

Level 14
I nominate myself for using a self-made Miss Fortune flair, for bashing Wc4 with every occasion and for mentioning "moose" in this post. Moose.

No, for real now, will think about it and comeback later.

I'm going to add a couple more names to my nomination list:

• Bribe for being an inspiration to me and teaching me that speed isn't everything, and for being a wonderful mentor! Love ya bro :D
  • Nestharus for constantly denigrating my work in order to push me to be the best that I can be!
  • Maker for giving clear and concise moderator reviews.
  • Troll-Brain for being very skeptical and teaching me that it's always important to provide benchmarks before making assumptions.
  • Vexorian for developing JassHelper and updating TimerUtils recently to add a nice feature! (NewTimerEx)
  • 13lackDeath for his effort in the Icons section.
  • Pyramidhe@d for being a wonderful moderator, and for having a wonderful sense of humor.
  • Anarchianbedlam for being a c00l troderator.
  • MasterHaosis because :cgrin:
  • Rising_Dusk for contributing so much to Wc3 modding.
  • PurplePoot for contributing so much to Wc3 modding.
  • Tank-Commander for being the best GUIer I know of. His mastery is shown by his vast number of resources.
  • Radamantus for being the fastest learner I've ever seen. (In terms of wc3 programming)
  • Spinnaker for helping out so much in the WEHZ/Triggers and Scripts section while he was still active. He also contributed a lot to the Spells section.
  • defskull for helping out even more in the Help sections and making wonderful resources!
  • LeP for showing me that there's so much I don't know about Wc3.
  • mckill2009 for being a wonderful addition to the site ^_^. He posts lovely resources and helps out a lot of people in the Help sections.
  • Orcnet. He was one of the first people to befriend me 2 years ago, and at the time he was giving a lot of people feedback in the maps section. He still does this, even today! He's a wonderful addition to this site.
  • Rui for contributing so much to the site, over a very long period of time!
  • Dr Super Good for being Super Good and for his knowledge on hardware and computers in general! You people should converse with that guy, you'd have an awesome time! :D
  • Ralle for teaching me how to moose and being dedicated to this site!
  • tjordell for hosting our Minecraft Server!

Level 30
So, here is my complete list :

Magtheridon96 VeangeanceKael Pharaoh- Dragonson Crazyrussian BlackDeath PeeKay JollyD Sin'Dorei3000 Alpheraz Lucent TheWorldIsFlat JetFangInferno-Grendel Kitabatake Mr_bean defskull mckill2009 Drunken_Jackal kanadaj paillan troll-brain Nestharus Tank-Commander Bribe MortAr- RED BARON -Kobas- Rui DrSuperGood pyritie PurplePoot Wolverabid brad.dude03_Elenai Adiktuz Gilles Kimberly Aeroblyctos Happy Tauren Ralle justspectating ragingspeedhorn The Panda Maker hawkwing Deolrin ~Void~ Anachron Misha Pyramidhead -Berz- Mr.Goblin ap0calypse dionesiist NFWar DonDustin Archian anarchiaBedlam ...

Too many people contributed to the hive and in various ways, that's why my list is so long and not even complete.

Woah thank you ! ^)

Magthe asked me to put reasons for eery guy i put in the list x) So here it is, i also completed it a bit, but i will continue it.

Magtheridon96 : Awesome mod, coder and also he makes the chat alive everyday.
VeangeanceKael : Good job on map moderating and such. Also, the news.
Pharaoh_ : Organizing all the contest since <Inputsomeyearhere>.
Dragonson : Had the best signature workshop on the hive, and did hundreds of good ones.
Crazyrussian : One of the best icon maker around, talented artist.
BlackDeath : Same.
PeeKay : Same.
JollyD : Good icon maker who uploaded many good quality icons.
Sin'Dorei3000 : Same, also he created some good models, and he's contributing to the Modders Idea Factory.
Alpheraz Lucent : Did a good job in helping, contests and such.
TheWorldIsFlat : Made A Donation, Kept Hive Alive.
JetFangInferno : Have done many good models.
-Grendel : Same.
Kitabatake : Same.
Mr_bean : For his spells and his spell workshop.
defskull : For his spells and his spell workshop.
mckill2009 : For his spells and the help he provided in defskull's spell workshop.
Drunken_Jackal : For his Modders Idea Factory, which his the best place to have good heroes ideas.
kanadaj : For his help at Modders Idea Factory.
paillan : Same.
Troll-Brain : He's one of the best Jassers here, and also a good troll.
Nestharus : He's one of the bets Jassers here.
Tank-Commander : For all his Spells.
Bribe : Did good systems and spells, also he's a good helper.
MortAr- : For his spells.
bassseee : For his spells.
RED BARON : For his loading screen workshop.
-Kobas- : For the map moderating.
Rui : Was a good administrator (imo).
DrSuperGood : He deserves it for all the help he provided.
pyritie : Did some models, also he was a good moderator/administrator (don't remember)
PurplePoot : For his activity, his 11 000 posts (shows the time he passed on the hive)
Wolverabid : Massive posts
brad.dude03 : Massive posts
Elenai : Massive posts
Adiktuz : Good helper, massive posts.
Gilles : Massive posts
Kimberly : Good icon maker, massive posts.
Aeroblyctos : Helpful, Massive posts.
Happy Tauren : Massive posts, helpful.
Ralle : Mooseing is the best reason ever.
justspectating : Massive posts
ragingspeedhorn : Massive posts
The Panda : Massive posts
Maker : Helpful, massive posts, good mapper.
hawkwing : Massive posts
Deolrin : Massive posts, good moderator (or whatever he is/was)
~Void~ : Massive posts.
Anachron : Massive posts.
Misha : Helpful, Massive posts.
Pyramidhead : Nice icon moderator
-Berz- : Good spell maker.
Mr.Goblin : Good ressources, and Goblins roxx.
ap0calypse : Helpful.
Mecheon : Massive posts.
Craka_J : Massive posts.
sonofjay : Good melee map maker and helper.
dionesiist : Reputed User (1816 rep).
NFWar : Good icon maker.
DonDustin : Owns good ressources.
Archian : Reputed User.
anarchianbedlam : Reputed User (1633 rep).
Tleno : Massive posts.
m0rbid : Reputed User.
Purgeandfire : Good coder, good moderator also.
WaterKnight : Good coder and helper.

Last edited:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Sin'Dorei300 - For great advancing in his skills and creating great request icons and resources as well as being friendly and helpful.

I3ackDeath - For doing great job as moderator and creating high quality icons.

sonofjay & Ken-E - For doing great reviews of maps and keeping up melee map community.

Vengeancekael - For doing great job as moderator.

-Kobas- - For doing great job as moderator and as a friend and project leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.