• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merit Badge: Nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.
!_Header.jpg

To the Community...

MedalOfHonour_Gold_40x40.jpg
Merit Badge

Ladies and Gentlemen!

The Staff thanks you for participating and telling us your nominees!
The Poll has been created, make sure to drop your vote(s)!

The Nominations thread is hereby officially
!_Closed.jpg

The Staff thought that it was time to give out a new award, the Merit Badge, to some users!
We have been discussing some candidates, but we would like you guys to give us your opinion.
So who do you think deserves a Merit Badge?
The purpose of this award is to honor the work of members, who have done something exceptional for this community.
Has somebody been extremely helpful over a long period of time?
Does somebody have a vast collection of quality resources or has created exceptional tools?
Has somebody written tutorials that helps people gripe difficult technical subjects?
This is not limited to things occurring on this site, but the Warcraft 3 modding community in general.
Please explain why the specific user should get the award as well. (His accomplishments, helpfulness, etc.)
Do not argue with other users about people they've nominated, ignore all the other posts and tell us about your nominees.
No debates.

Deadline:
6-November-2012 > 13-November-2012
Poll Creation:
13-November-2012 > 20-November-2012

People who have received a significant amount of votes will show up in the poll and the community will be able to vote for their favorite(s).
The ones with the most votes will finally be evaluated by the Staff and given the award.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 13
Magtheridon96 is helpfull and he is doing a nice job in the spell section HE HELPED ME ALOT !!!(I LOVE U),Rui did a very nice job in THW,The Dark Wizard did a nice job in THW while he was admin and he was very helpfull and friendly,VengeanceKael helpfull he is taking care of the map section well and he is doing the news batch,ME LOVE YOU KAEL,Rallehe did THW nothing more to say,Statharas he did alot for THW,I3lackdeath doing a great job in the icon section he is friendly and teaching,WolverRabid he did alot for THW,HappyTauren doing a great job in the model section and friendly AND active,David :DD(1 vote ._.)<3,Pharaoh_ he is doing a good job in thw,deserves the medal :) and I also nominate Map_Designer he has been a great friend he is also very active and polite!Tjordell for hosting the mc server!

Last edited:
Level 10
If I got right, the medal of honor is the highest reward a user can obtain. If that so, only the greatest user shall receive one; a user that demonstrates usefulness, dedication to THW, a user listening to other, respectful and of course humble.
That's why I think users shouldn't nominate themselves.

Now if I may suggest a nominee, I'll say -Kobas-. He retired not long ago and it could be a way to thank him for its monumental and precious participation.

Level 31
Vengeancekael from me.

Edit: He plays an important role at map section, he usually fully review resources and gives proper review with constructive criticism. He also pours a lot of effort into making News Batch every month as well as other modding over entire site. I believe he stand as one of those who do pretty well as a moderator and he truly deserves it due to his dedication / devotion to this site.

Last edited:
These are my nominees (for now).

Also, folks, please provide explanations as to why you nominated (a) user(s)!

[r]
Rui
[r]
for his dedication and work for the Hive, provided over a long period of time.
[r][r]
[r]
Pyramidhe@d
[r]
for having done a wonderful job moderating the Icons section aswell as providing immensely helpful feedback.
[r][r]
[r]
CrazyRussian
[r]
for assisting a vast amount of people without asking for anything in return.
[r][r]
[r]
Vengeancekael
[r]
for his great work throughout the site as a whole, doing a great job moderating the Maps section,
being a good friend whos feedback I highly value and being a wondereful teamplayer whos easy and lovely to work with.
[r][r]
[r]
-Kobas-
[r]
for providing very valuable work throughout his time as a moderator.
[r][r]
[r]
Dr Super Good
[r]
for helping wherever he can, using his vast knowledge of plenty of subjects.
[r][r]
[r]
NFWar
[r]
for providing resources of constant quality over the years, additionally offering valuable input.
[r][r]
[r]
Magtheridon96
[r]
for being a great Spell and JASS moderator. His genious impressed me, and still does.
[r][r]
[r]
Pharaoh_
[r]
for all the work he has done as a moderator (which was a LOT) and as an admin, aswell as for all his great ideas.
I just love his mini-contests.
[r][r]
[r]
Hakeem
[r]
for his rational input and long servitude, having witnessed good and bad times alike.
[r][r]

Last edited:
Level 34
So they don't have to be active? This could be for the work that they did in past years? Let me think, but for now...

I would say that Rui and DSG are really good candidates. They've given so much of their time to this site. Without looking up statistics, I would hazard a guess that they are in the top 5 for length of helpful* activity ever. I'd actually recommend both of these users receive the title.

*Actually trying to help people on the site, as opposed to what myself and others do where we show up once in a while just to chat

Level 9
If I got right, the medal of honor is the highest reward a user can obtain. If that so, only the greatest user shall receive one; a user that demonstrates usefulness, dedication to THW, a user listening to other, respectful and of course humble.
That's why I think users shouldn't nominate themselves.

Now if I may suggest a nominee, I'll say -Kobas-. He retired not long ago and it could be a way to thank him for its monumental and precious participation.

You got point. All who nominate themselves should be refused.

My proposition: shadowvzs

Reason: Lot of help as well as ability to say "I was wrong" (EXTREAME RARE!).

Level 18
Dr Super Good (helped me a lot even though he knows so much that it's like if sheldon would be talking to penny =P)
Rui(<3, he helped me in tkok, nice user,nice admin :3)
Magtheridon96(lot of help in chat and forums)

and for making epic projects
zwielbelchen (GAIAS RETALIATION big incomming update, system to reduce fps and lot of new epic stuff comming)

Last edited:
Level 40
Personally, I nominate any ex-administrators who haven't already been nominated. Some have been controversial figures in the past, but all of them contributed quite a lot of time to the site and as a whole worked towards making it a better place. Nobody is perfect, and drama happened due to some of them (I can't claim to be clean of causing some either), but THW would not have been the same without them. At the end of the day they cared about the site and put a lot of time into helping make it a better place, and it's unfortunate that some of the older ones are not particularly recognized by the current community (let alone some that left quite recently, such as Frank), given that it seems like much of the original warcraft 3 modding community retired around 2010 or so.

edit: 13lackDeath asked me for specific names, so Pyritie and Frank were the two I noticed weren't mentioned, but it's quite probable I'm forgetting people. Ralle will probably know.

I nominate Bribe and Magtheridon96 for all their hardwork in the spells and jass section and for the awesome resources they uploaded

-Grendel for this awesome models

Pharaoh_ for all his hard work these past years and for keeping the contests coming

Ralle for, well, all hail the chieftain!

Anachron for his great works too (IDK if he already has this award)

-Kobas- for his works too

Nestharus for his really awesome resources though I can't really understand how a lot of them works...

Dr Super Good for being a very senior member of The Hive and for his efforts into bringing everyone to SCII... XF

and maybe, myself (Adiktuz)??? for putting up some useful spells/systems and some simple tutorials too, and helping out in some of the HC by judging

Level 16
I nominate Pyramidhe@d,
I respect his works!

I nominate Rui!
IDK What to say, JUST AWESOME :D

I nominate Pharaoh_ , his hardwork is visible everywhere in hive!

I nominate Magtheridon96, for being Mag!

I nominate Tank-Commander, for being a gentleman!

I nominate Anarchon, i dunno why, i love his works!

I nominate Garfield137, he helped the community much!

----------------------------------------------------------------

I vote for Dr Super Good. He is one of the oldest, most active and popular members of the community!

Now I advise everyone take cover is some kind of shelter before this thing (my ego) explodes.

and for being an annoyance on wc3 section of the forum.

STOP PROMOTING SC2 ON WC3 FORUMS, WE DON'T NEED THAT. AND WE DON'T CARE.

SC2 =/= WC3

Last edited:
Level 16
I nominate Pyramidhe@d,
I respect his works!

I nominate Rui!
IDK What to say, JUST AWESOME :D

I nominate Pharaoh_ , his hardwork is visible everywhere in hive!

I nominate Magtheridon96, for being Mag!

I nominate Tank-Commander, for being a gentleman!

and for being an annoyance on wc3 section of the forum.

STOP PROMOTING SC2 ON WC3 FORUMS, WE DON'T NEED THAT. AND WE DON'T CARE.

SC2 =/= WC3

But in all seriousness as if i can be serious about meaningless awards for people i've never met, I nominate Maker

He's been the most helpful moderator to me.

Of course I'd be happy with DSG, Bribe, Pharaoh_, Ap0calypse, or Frank getting it. They're all fantastic people and were fantastic contributors at one point or another.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Firstly I want to nominate VengeanceKael for all the effort in the resource section and for making THW a better and friendlier place.

Secondly I want to nominate defskull for sparing from his time to help and resolve any Triggers/Scripts issue.

Thirdly I want to nominate NFWar for sharing his amazing art with this community.

Last but not least, -Kobas-

He gave the hive some incredible tutorials, maps, descriptions and art. Not to mention his work in Map Section. Definately deserves it!

Level 6
Jesus optimizer got nominated, but for me, I have some suggestions tho:

Sir Sonofjay
Sir ap0calypse
Rui
Vengeancekael
-Kobas-

I've seen they did, so I think my suggestion fits

Status
Not open for further replies.