• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Merge Fading Filters ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello guys,

I wonder if there is a way to merge/combine fade filter images.

Example: There is an image with Yellow color (Alpha 50%) and another Image with Red (50% Alpha too), after merging, an orange 100% alpha photo is resulted.

I need that for some small thing and I hope there is a way...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I don't think there is a way to display two filters at the same time.

If they are just colored filters (e.g. yellow, red, w/e), then you can compute the average color of the two filters (linear blend).

For example, if you want to merge a red filter with color (100% red, 0% green, 0% blue) with a yellow filter (100% red, 90% green, 0% blue), then you would end up with an orange filter (100% red, 45% green, 0% blue). Just take the two red values, add them up and divide by two. Do the same for the green and blue values.

Level 15
I don't think there is a way to display two filters at the same time.

If they are just colored filters (e.g. yellow, red, w/e), then you can compute the average color of the two filters (linear blend).

For example, if you want to merge a red filter with color (100% red, 0% green, 0% blue) with a yellow filter (100% red, 90% green, 0% blue), then you would end up with an orange filter (100% red, 45% green, 0% blue). Just take the two red values, add them up and divide by two. Do the same for the green and blue values.

Thanks ! Well the idea hits two birds (or more) by one stone. All what the idea was about , is showing "arrow key" controls at the bottom right of the screen, some games use different controls, so fade filters are "keys", when I merge two fade filters, it's like I want to show arrow buttons and "Q" button, when the game doesn't need "Q" button, I remove the "Q" button filter.

After all, it was impossible. Thanks again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.