• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HD Fade Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi there.

I need to know if there any way to import a HD fade filter into the game. I mean, a high quality filter.
I want to show some text with fade filters, but it looks really bad. The text looks blurred, and it's hard to read.
I tried importing a fade filter with a ridiculously high size (4096x4096), but the result was the same.

:goblin_cry:

Is there a way to obtain a high quality fade filter? I don't mind the size the map will get in the end. It will be a really huge campaign, with a lot of imported music, so I don't think the size of the imported pictures will be a problem.

Regards

Level 4
I think there is a possible workaround that could perhaps work. Have you tried making your 4096x4096 image into a custom sky? Some of the default skies are very big images. You could then simply point the camera to the edge of the map or straight. If you need a fade effect, try using fog and see if that works.

Be aware, if you want to make a custom sky, you'll have to import the .blp of your image to an existing sky filepath and then set the game's sky.

for example if I overwrote Environment\Sky\DalaranSky\DalaranSky.blp, I'd have to set the sky to dalaran sky to see the image.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.