• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Creating Custom Fade Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey there!
I have some trouble making a custom fade filter work. I first resized the picture to 512x512 and then converted it into a blp-file. Afterwards I just used the imported blp file as the custom fade filter in the filter-action.
But when I run the map, the fade filter turns black instead of the picture. Is there anything ive missed in order to make a custom fade filter? :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Comet512.jpg
    Comet512.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Comet512.jpg
    Comet512.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Comet512.blp
    31 KB · Views: 23

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I first resized the picture to 512x512 and then converted it into a blp-file.
Resizing is not required. BLP supports any reasonable resolution now. For example 1920x1080 works.
Afterwards I just used the imported blp file as the custom fade filter in the filter-action.
But when I run the map, the fade filter turns black instead of the picture. Is there anything ive missed in order to make a custom fade filter?
Have you set the end colour to 100% RGB? All images will appear black if set to 0% RGB end colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.