• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mercenary Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hmm...... i don't know if i should give you this idea for a name cos i'm really hoping to create a map with this Game Name.

I'll just give it to you anyway :D. Don't worry, i can think of another name, that name is getting less near my idea for the map per second.
I really love it, the game name is *drumroll*

Trial of Champions! (i got this from a book, its a fighting fantasy game book)
Masters of Fate ( a name i just thought of)
Champions of Destiny (i just thought of this too)

Level 12
Trial of Champions sounds nice...

Although,if that was the name you wanted to use,its ok.Theres plenty of time left till the beta comes out and thats more than enough to think up of a decent name.

Thanks for your suggestions,they are quite helpful.

Level 12
True but im also looking at how the map name will look when you shorten it.

ToC is neat,while MW is not so good.

Im not saying ill necessarily use it,im just saying its one of the 15 possible options.

Level 12
Sorry everyone,i couldnt come online and view any replies or pms for the past few days,but im back now :)

Map has a lot of new updates...

-Faction bases added.

-Terrain updated.

-New items added.

-New Heroes added:

There are about 5 new heroes,but these three are the only ones absolutely complete.The other ones might be changed in the near future.

Stormstout Brothers,the legendary mercenaries of Pandaria.One controls the elements of Storm(Intelligence),one controls the elements of Earth(Strenght),and one controls the elements of Fire(Agility).

Each of them has unique abilities and attributes.

Attachments

• The 3 pandas.jpg
    The 3 pandas.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 144
Level 12
Well the map is still a WIP.It isnt more than halfway done,so it wont be in alpha version within the next 3 weeks.

By the way,i added some items that will greatly affect the map gameplay.Various traps,bombs and concealment items add an additional spice up to the whole thing,providing more entertainment to those who use their heads,plan out their actions and rely on strategy.So it will be much wiser to set up a couple of traps,camouflage yourself into a critter,and wait for the enemy to get caught instead to charging into them,or think three steps ahead,send your illusion in their trap,then slice them from behind.

Of course,it all depends on the players.There are various playing styles you can master,so those who just rely on their strategy still have a chance of losing.If you creep around hard and use your hero properly you can still beat them.Its not focused on planning at all,its main purpose is fun,but those who like to use their heads will be entertained as well.

Level 12
Allright,im changing the project name by tomorrow and opening a new thread that will contain all the updates and changes,since the project has changed much since i made the first post.Mods please delete this thread as its not of much use anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.