1. The poll for our 11th Music Contest is up! Help us choose the most awesome cinematic tracks by casting a vote!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll is up! Vote for the best 4v4 melee maps!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice

MDL Exporter for Blender3D!

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Fingolfin, Aug 26, 2018.

1. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh,my video was deleted,I just want to show how the anim merger works

2. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sorry for the late response - i checked your model out, and you are right that it doesn't export well. At the moment i don't know what is causing this behavior, but as for the file size, i just implemented a keyframe optimization feature which reduces the size of your particular file down to 900kb. Although still big, it reduces the size by 3/4 from before. When exporting, just check the box named "optimize animations" and set the threshold value to something low, like 0.01 or even 0.005.

This is also very useful for resampled IK animations, so i guess it can be of interest to @Hayate as well. I haven't had much chance to test it, so let me know how it works. There are some further information and caveats listed in the github readme.

EDIT:

Did you try to use armature bones as attachment points? Sorry, but this is not possible. Armature bones can only be bones or helpers. What you need to do is to create empty objects and name them something like "Overhead Ref", select your armature and switch to "Pose Mode", select your empty again, then shift-select the bone you want an attachment for and press CTRL+P. Choose "parent to bone". It should work.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 11:52 PM
  3. sonphamthe11H

sonphamthe11H

Resources:
    Resources:
    I edited it by hand =) but thank for your reply,I've waited so long
    edit:the value 0.025 for the scale is the right scale =)
    I don't think the reduce frame is the best way to reduce size of models
    I think like neodex,you can just animate models by the "rotation",the models will more lighter

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 4:39 AM