• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MDL Import/Export addon for working for blender 3.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Coworker is a wizard in python and I brought up the tedium of using old blender to be able to use the MDL export/import and they offered to fiddle with it.
Currently using on 3.4 but wasn't sure if this might help someone else out, if not toast this thread:
1675151589395.png

Attachments

• MDL-Exporter.zip
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,708
Level 8
How do i use the export Mdl/mdx ? I have the addon but i can only import Mdx not export them. (Latest version blender)

Level 1
Well... If only some one had merged some old plugins and made an importer/exporter... :grin:
The test shows that 1.3.4 weight conversion is unstable; 2. The model with low surface number is easy to tear after being converted into mdx after being derived; 3. If you check the optimized key frame, an error will be reported. 4. If you check the last option, an error will be reported when you open the exported model. An error is reported when an object without skin is encountered. Hopefully, you'll have time to fix it. This is the project to export the model milestone.

Status
Not open for further replies.