• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mario Models Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yeah, I'm working on my game, Mario Tag (available at epicwar.com), and I've heard many complaints from my players that the DL is too long and poor Donkey Kong has no skin. (I'm currently using Sasquatch, pathetic :[ ) Well, the DL problem can be fixed if my yoshi model didn't use FRICKIN 600+ kb! So I'd like a yoshi model ANND a DK one, k thx. I'll make sure to put the name of the contributer in my map. (Also thx to GreyArchon and Dan Van Ohllus, mario tag wouldn't have ANY fans, or even players, if it wasn't for your guys' super mario models) :wink:

Level 4
scr_MarioGold.jpg

scr_FriendsRun.jpg

Not great screenshots (tell me if you want better ones)

Initialization
When you start out, (if you're a Mario Friend) you are either Mario, DK, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, or Bowser. Initially, you are in the middle of the map with many paths to different regions to hide, you have 30 seconds before the psychotic creations of Bowser: Super Koopas spawn on 3 sides of the map to come and kill you.

Object
Mario friends will attempt to outlast the Koopas for 40 minutes until their self destruct programming takes action.

Though, the Super Koopas try to kill everyone to end the mushroom kingdom saga before they themselves self destruct.

Income
The Mario friends can gain income by either collecting (destroying) gold coins the spawn randomly across the map. Or which is a better but more costly approach is to build Minters that will in basic form mint copper coins, but when upgraded can mint silver and gold. I've gotten many complaints on how they have to manually collect these coins but once you can build the main structure that produces units, they will auto collect.

The super koopas must rely on the randomly spawning coins and bounty for killing mario friends as their income, though koopas hardly need much money to find and destroy Mario friends, it can still be a hassle destroying bases, that's why they can upgrade their troops and themselves.

Gameplay
For the Mario friends, they must live in constant fear of Super Koopas attack on their base, for the Koopas have a wide range of arsenal and tactics to help search and destroy their bases, therein lies the frustration and difficulty of this game. Mastering every mario friend effectively can be challenging so it requires you to play several times. Even I haven't fully mastered Bowser's capabilities.

Beginner Super Koopas will find themselves very overwhelmed with everyone they must kill, and on top of that the ones they do kill can easily be revived by another mario friend, but veteran players like myself take pleasure in knowing every trick and advantage the Super Koopas can utilize. Take for instance the Kamek Crystal Ball, it is painfully effective in searching the map for Mario friends. As a result, beginners are not suggested to use Super Koopas because it may give them the wrong perspective on how the game is.

Conclusion
Well there you have it, and intro into Mario Tag. This may not be the correct forum to advertise my game but I posted this to show any of you willing to help me how important it is to me. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.