• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, King K Rool, and R.O.B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
EDIT: Oh yea, a Mewtwo model would be awesome. This would be really easy because you can can give him all the sorceress' animations.

Anyway, here's where I need help:

I'm making a Nintendo Footies but I'm missing some skins. I don't need them to be stellar 5 star work; I'm not very picky. Anyone who wants to make me any number of my requests is welcome to. Keep them as simple as you want.
If anyone could help me finish making my map by creating these models that would be great. I'm almost done making a Nintendo Footmen map but I'm missing these guys. It's a really fun map and I would hate for them to not be included.

Typhlosion.jpg

pitbarrier.jpg

Pikachuult.jpg

luigisuperjump.jpg

haunterattackingpacman.jpg

Captain Falcon is a manly, muscular, race car driver with fire powers. I know that sounds a little odd, but he's an awesome character all the same. For attack animations kicking would be best. For spells if you don't want to try to take on the challenge of a "Falcon PAWNCH!" (falcon punch is basically a huge punch with fire in the shape of a bird), make him attack with his knee as a spell instead. Also using his race car is a possibility.
pics of CF:
http://www.smashbrothersonline.com/CharacterBios/BioCaptFalcon.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/58/250px-Captain_Falcon.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/31/250px-F-zero_wp_m07_falcon_800.jpg
pic of his car:
http://f-mode.planets.gamespy.com/games/fzmv/pilots/fmk2.jpg
pic of "Falcon PAWNCH"
http://ssbm.detstar.com/screengallery/falconpunch.jpg

King K Rool is a rather obese alligator who stands on two legs, has a red cape, a golden crown, and a bulging eye (only one). For attacks pretty much do anything. For spells make him throw his crown.
pics of King K Rool:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/Kingkrool.jpg/250px-Kingkrool.jpg
http://www.gamehiker.com/gallery/albums/dk/dkkos/krool.jpg

R.O.B. is a really simple one. Attack with arms, spell = red laser from eyes.
pics of R.O.B.:
http://www.west.net/~science/rob_sm.jpg
http://www.11h11.com/hugobox/e-shrine/nes_rob.gif

Anything you can give me would be great!

Characters:
Mario
Luigi
Toad
Peach
King Boo
Big Boo
Thwomp
Yoshi
Bowser
Giga Bowser
Kamek
Dark Magikoopa
Koopa the Quick
Wario
Waluigi
Link
Dark Link
Solid Snake
Pikachu
Kirby
Megaman
Zero
Samus
Dark/Corrupted Samus
Shadow the Hedgehog
Pit
Crash Bandicoot
Wolf
Bomberman
Sonic
Shadow
Ghastly/Haunter/Gengar
Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion
Pacman

In the making:
Captain Olimar
Donkey Kong - when the model is finished
Mewtwo - when the model is finished
Fox - when the model is finished

Races (final):
Human
Orc
Night Elf
Undead
Naga
Arctic
Demon
Chaos Orc
Aquatic

For now I am just deleting old, unoriginal, hero spells and replacing them with new triggered ones.

Last edited:
Level 15
Since I like Nintendo and you spell properly, I will say this in the nicest way possible: we need proof of your work. Pictures will help best, a demo is even better. Words are useless if there is nothing to back them up. Understand my point?

Level 4
Proof? As in I need to take screen shots and post them here so people will believe I am actually making a map? What else would I be doing with a Donkey Kong model...
Well okay I guess I'll get those screen shots but I don't see why they are necessary.

Also, if anyone has (or know of where I could get) other Nintendo character models please post them here. Thanks.

Level 15
Show us the terrain as well. I mean all over. Oh, and I'm curious as to what model your using for Snake.

Another good idea is to explain what the map will be about.

Level 15
Basing abilities is nice, but you should try to make your own triggered ones. It will add a little more "flare" to the game. For inspiration, try Super Smash Brothers Brawl (if you have it) or the character's respective games. For example... you could give mario an ability where he jumps up and smashes an enemy with his buttox.

Level 4
I think you have made a valid request. Your map needs alot of work, but it looks like you'll finish it. I've started working on a dk model for you tonite, ill probably get around to skinning it in the next few days.... but you are going to have to find someone to animate it for you. My milkshape 3d trial ran out so I have no way to animate at this time....

dk.jpg
dk2.jpg

Level 15
Hey MurderMode, simply pirate the damn thing. Change the date on your computer back a few years, and it should work. You'll have an infinite trial. But good job!

Level 15
You COULD give it sasquatch animations... isn't there a tool that lets you add bones to models and transfer animations? Oinkerwinkle or something?

Level 15
It should be what YOU want. YOU need to make specifications, not the Animator. Tell him in detail (possibly through PM) what you want animations of: I.E. for attack 1 make Donkey Kong punch with his right fist, then left fist, etc. Those are just some examples, but you get the idea

Level 4
the static model is complete, I just need to make the custom skin for it and then tweak a few verts to make it look better. I should have it done in the next day or 2.

And thx Lord-T, I will pass it onto you when it is complete for animation. Coz you will be animating it ofcourse you will have free rights to distribute as you please, and I'd really like it if you sent me an animated version when you're done :)

But yeah, got to do the uv map now :mad: that's the least fun part for me lol

Oh and I think why he says 'do what you want' for the animations is because he is not being picky and would be happy to develop DK's moves around whatever the animator wants to do. I think that works best for everyone

EDIT: oh and as far as reseting the milkshape trial goes, reseting the clock doesn't work and I can't find the registry entries related to the trial. I don't believe in pirating, but at this point I'm not willing to buy a copy of milkshape. It's not the $25 price tag that bothers me, it's just I really don't like to use my credit card online. Call me old fashioned if you will ;P

Last edited:
Level 4
Murdermode: I can't thank you enough. Could you please send me the finished model just so I can have a copy? Also send one to Lord T so he can make animations. I really appreciate it.

Lord_T: I would rather you make the animations whatever you feel comfortable doing. The last thing I want is to sound like one of those snobby, rude kids demanding a high caliber request that is virtually impossible to complete. If I was to get my dream animations, this would be the moveset:
Stand animations: beat chest.
Attack 1 - light punch with left arm
Attack 2 - heavier punch with right arm (make him step into the punch with his right arm)
Spells (in order of how desirable they are):
Bongo drums
Simian Slam
Coconut Gun
Giant Punch (with left arm)

Level 15
Just wondering... you're working on HEROES?! How many Heroes do you need in a "footman-wars" styled map? And if it's NOT a footman-wars styled map, please correct me, but I recall you saying it was...

Level 4
Yea, they're all heroes. Ultimate Footmen has like 24 custom heroes so I'm still pretty close. I use programs to shrink the size so it doesn't take days to load. The downloading time is pretty long, but the time it takes to start up the game is pretty quick. Every hero is custom modeled but that doesn't mean all of them have their own skins. There is a red Magikoopa and he is the same model as normal Kamek only he is tinted red. Same as Dark Link in comparison to normal Link.

Level 2
well dude if your doing a super smash theme then I have an idea for the smash ability's.The gist of this idea is use like war stomp and have "Hero" use his or her smash in whatever direction its facing.In the case of Zelda/sheik they just fire a massive arrow. Ill look into getting a screen shot of the idea later on. But for like Donkey Kong instead of having him make an animation you could cut him some slack and just use barrels for the drums. Just something an idea to help the dude making the animations.

Level 15
Yeah... you do realize that warstomp is an Area of Effect ability that cannot be cast in any specific direction, but rather in the area around the caster? And making abilities that are based off of other abilities is stupid and unoriginal.

Level 4
"And making abilities that are based off of other abilities is stupid and unoriginal."

Well not if you make it seem a lot different. It would be lame if I gave Mario the ability Storm Bolt or something like that. But with the amount of heroes being made for this how can I possibly make them all have 4 JASS-made moves? Even giving 2 or more to each hero would take a millennium.

I try to not make it obvious that I'm just stealing a move from a Blizzard hero, but with 20+ custom heroes it's inevitable that some heroes are not going to have unique move sets. I guarantee no hero will have more than one copied move, but that's about it. I gave Waluigi the ability Hex because 1. it suits him and 2. what else could he have?

I'm also thinking about putting in a Final Smash for everyone, like in Brawl. That will take a lot more time and a lot of balancing. But for something like a FS... I don't think I could pull of giving someone War Stomp and make it seem as epic as it is intended to be.

Level 15
That's not what I meant. Go ahead and use Blizzard-based abilities AND/OR include some triggered ones... but using one ability for more than (at most) two heroes is a little... you know... just be creative. And no, you don't need the Blizzard format for hero abilities. Like I said, be creative. It's your map. Go ahead and get an artistic "liscence" (yeah, I forgot how to spell it. /sigh).

Level 4
Okay... for a minute there I thought you were trying to say to come up with 100+ new moves. I haven't yet given the same moves to more than 2 people. The farthest it gets is when Link and Dark Link share a move or two. Mario and Luigi have one in common. I think that's about it.

Level 2
smart ass...what i was talking about was use war stomp...set the damage to 0..and when you use it they do the smash in the direction they are facing....

Level 4
yo... nearly finished the uv map last night and gmax crashed my pc. So i got to start it again aha... will probably have the static dk finished and skinned by 2moro night

Level 15
Now Sonic would be a pretty tight model to get one's hands on. I saw it here awhile ago, but I guess they took it down (or the maker did).

Level 5
darebear010 could u send me the links for shadow and sonic please.
they will be beneficial to me and my map (it's a custom footman wars) (about 95% complete, just need to finish abilities add models and compress). thanks

Last edited:
Level 15
This is not a REQUEST forum, let alone a request thread. If you want to ask someone for them, you should PM them. I simply mentioned them being good-to-have resources... you're asking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.