• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Marine Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
marinelogogj9.jpg

I thought it was time to share with the community my project, which I've been working on for quite a while now.

THE CONCEPT
The concept of Marine Wars is an AoS, in the future, of sorts. It features 5 heroes, an Assault Rifle, Machine Gunner, Heavy Support Unit, Sniper and a "secret" hero, who is actually -sort of- a Russian mercenary.
Each hero has 5 abilities, 4 normal ones with an ultimate.
Originally, this was my clan game, which is now dead, I left the project for a while and then came back to it.

Feel free to post ideas for skills for the Machine Gunner!
minimapcd7.jpg

Minimap

THE HEROES

Assault Trooper
The Assault Trooper is your basic hero, featuring different abilities for both support and offense.

[Normal Skills]
Airstike - Orders an airstrike to the position of the flare shot.
Backup - Calls a number of assault troopers for backup. The assault troopers will not wait for the next charge, they will simply go and attack.
Rifle Upgrade - Increases the efficiency of the marine's rifle, increasing damage and making it lighter, increasing his movement speed.
Land Mines - Gives the marine the ability to lay mines which will explode on impact.

[Ultimate]
Grenade Launcher Attachment - Using an attachment on his rifle, the marine has a chance to launch a grenade on his attack, dealing powerful splash damage.
Fault: The SFX of the grenade doesn't show up. I used a "Create SFX on Unit - Target Unit of Spell Being Cast". The spell is based on Critical Strike. The grenade is shot by a dummy unit created & removed.

Heavy Support Unit
The Heavy Support Unit is a highly powerful support unit, featuring strong abilities.

[Normal Skills]
Bombardment - Call for a heavy artillery bombardment, with very high damage and a chosen amount of shots. The bombardment will damage both allies and enemies.
Heavy Ammunition Clip - Loading a clip of extra strong bullets, the marine will do more damage for a bit of time.
Explosive Bullets - Using small charges on the bullets, the marine will have a chance to cause a small explosion at an enemy. (no special effects)
Shotgun Fire - Using a shotgun, the marine fires out a powerful shot, damaging all units in the shot's path.

[Ultimate]
Tank Support - Calls tanks in for support against the opposing marines. Has a high cooldown.

Special Ops / Sniper
The Sniper has an assortment of stealthy skills perfect to use against enemies in short and long distances.

Permanent Camouflage - Grants the marine the ability to be permanently invisible. (automatic skill, activated when purchasing camouflage. Other heroes can't use exactly the same thing when dropped)

[Normal Skills]
Poison Dart - Shoots a poisoned dart at the target, dealing large damage and then poisoning the target, dealing damage over time. The target's movement speed will be reduced for a short time.
Combat Knife - Stabs a nearby unit, dealing medium damage with a short cooldown.
Headshot - Gives a percent chance to instantly kill an opponent on an attack.
Rifle Bash - Using the butt of his heavy rifle, the marine bashes an opponent, dealing damage and stunning him.

[Ultimate]
Hawkeye - Gives the Sniper the ability to do double or triple damage on every attack for a certain amount of time.

Machine Gunner
The Machine Gunner has supportive & offensive skills, making him the perfect hero for "spray & praying".

[Normal Skills]
Incendiary Ammo - Loads a clip of incendiary ammunition, giving the Machine Gunner extra splash damage.
Spread Shot - Using an upgrade in his rifle, the marine shoots spread shots, damaging units around the current target.
Streetsweeper - Targets an area and shoots at it continually, causing large damage and stunning affected units, perfect for supporting.
Shelter - Makes the marine throw himself on the ground, decreasing his speed but increasing his defense.

[Ultimate]
Double Fire - Summons one/two turret(s) to double fire with the marine. Turrets are also the base defenders.

Information about the secret hero might be released later - depends.

THE ITEMS

Camouflaged Gear
Gives your hero the ability to hide in the shadows. When hidden, the hero will only be able to be seen with lights.
(changes when Sniper)

Equipment Upgrade
Permanently increases the hero's Equipment Quality by one when used.

Lights
Increases the sight range of the marine and gives him the ability to see camouflaged marines.

Sharpened Bullets
Increases the marines damage by 6 when worn.

That's all there is for now. If you can help me with the skill, post ideas and fixes, I'd be very thankful.

Download the map here!

Last edited:
Level 7
here are some ideas

change color

hey it would be nice if a string (text message) could change the players Marine Tint color

attaching weapons

a nice idea could be that when the maries pick up weapons they would attach that weapon. i actually made a tutorial if your interested

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=524293#post524293

Machine Gunner

Machin Gun scopes passive ability that gives more acurate shots at the target ( + X damage)

Incendiary ammo Loads the machine gun/guns with incendiary ammo adding x fire damage to the shots for x seconds

(real facts: if you didn't know it Incendiary ammo is ammo with Fosfor on the top making them burn when their shot)

Special Ops / Sniper

Carefull aim

does x damage to the target 1.5 second cast

Level 15
Sounds interesting, I'll dl the beta and give ya some feedback.

Those skills that he suggested are good, but I want to suggest an ultimate for the sniper. Here it is:

Deadeye
Makes the unit more accurate for X amount of time and each shot hits a critical hit, which does X amount of damage × 10, or a formula similar to that.

There's my suggestion for now.

~Deathcom3s

Well, I only need a gun sound that doesn't go over the entire map.
Deathcom, your idea has been used! Hawkeye is the newest ability, the ultimate of the sniper.
Also, the Incendiary Ammo has been used. It's now the newest ability.

**BETA1.5 attached to the main post.**

*CHANGELOG*
  1. several trees removed for more fluid attack waves
  2. Incindiary Ammo added to the Machine Gunner hero
  3. Hawkeye added for the Sniper hero
  4. fixed Bombardment for the Heavy Support Unit hero
  5. fixed a bug with Call Backup
  6. added an "easteregg" - use Hawkeye to find out what it is

Last edited:
Level 15
Then perhaps you should change it to this:

"Did you know that out of a population of 100,000, 816.5 will die every second?

Anyway, this is getting off topic, so another skill idea! For the Machine Gunner!

Spread Shot
The machine gunner shoots in an arc, causing moderate, widespread damage. Formula: Units standard damage stat ÷ 2.

I'll try to think of an Ultimate for the Machine Gunner.

There ya go Bel.

~Deathcom3s

**update: BETA1.6 is ready, with only 2 abilities to go!**

*Changelog:
  1. More pathing changes, making the movement even more fluent
  2. Added Rifle Bash for the Sniper
  3. Added Streetsweeper for the Machine Gunner
  4. Buffed several heroes
  5. Nerved some units
  6. Edited the stationary gunners - they now have more armour, damage and regenerate health
  7. Fixed a bug with the HVG's skills
  8. Fixed a bug with the AR's skills

Level 15
Ok, I tested the latest version, and I found no bugs, but I have some more suggestions!

While playing i noticed that it's rather repetitive, at least by yourself, you get your hero, your marines run to the middle of the map, they fight, and then only 1 or 2 marines are left, then they run down and get slaughtered by the guards, i guess you could call them that, it's always like this. You need to make it so that you can get a better advantage over the other team, you need to throw in unit upgrades, some suggestions:

-Change Sharpened bullets to a unit upgrade, instead of an item.
-Weaken the Marines damage to about 50-75 damage.
-Maybe make some basic unit upgrades, like: Armor Upgrade, Rifle Upgrade, Bullet upgrade.

There's some more suggestions, I can't think of an ultimate for the machine gunner yet, sorry.

~Deathcom3s

Level 15
How about an ultimate for the machine gunner?
Dual Fire: Active: When cast, the machine gunner will setup a turret which is invulnerable and fires at the same unit the machine gunner shoots at. The Turret will have the same AS, DMG, and whatever stats as the machine gunner, but has no passive skills. Turret cannot be controlled.

Level 15
Oh, and about the sniper..... the rifle bash sounds weird, an alternative
Snipe: Active: Uses the laser pinpoint system on the sniper rifle to snipe an enemy unit after aiming for 1 second, deals moderate damage but has a chance to:
Hit the feet and movement speed slow
Hit the head for extra damage and a ministun
Hit the arms for attack speed slow
Miss, deals no damage (this chance should decrease as the level of the skill increases)
Note: Snipe DOES NOT reveal the target like assasinate
This and the above are just suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.