• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mapping Contest: Melee Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Melee Map Contest

Rules

-Must be a Melee map
-Must be no larger than 1MB
-Must not contain any trigger information other than the default "Map Initialization" triggers
-Each person can submit a total of one (1) map

Judging

Balance
-Proper Start distance to trees, mines, and creeps
-Creep Placement and drop tables
-Neutral Buildings

Polish and Creativity
-Use of doodads
-Texture use
-Terrain layout
-Non-symetry appearance

Judging Team:The winners of a contest will be decided by a public poll, and the final jugdes.
(hope for skilled help)

Deadline: Not decided yet.

Prizes: Not decided yet. (Reputation etc.)

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 8
I just think this is a bit boring... I mean I could submit some melee maps if you wish... I think they're balanced :p

(though I can't because I can't upload them using the resource uploader on the main site... don't know why)

Anyway, just an idea of a contest ... but no one is interested, and with two guys it's kinda boring :eekani: ...

... no problem for me, I got enough other things to do at the moment ...

Just close it ...

Chaos:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 5
I actually think it is a good idea. Blizzard has provided us with the standard for melee maps, why don't we take it a step further in quality, and creativity?

Status
Not open for further replies.