• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Crash] Map won't start in campaign file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello everyone.

I have a problem with my map. Map is in campaign file and works well in editor. When I want to test it, I have a black screen for 2 seconds and then it returns me to the campaign screen.

I though it was problem with maximum objects because when I deleted some doodads, maps works. But when I trigger some basic triggers, maps didn't work in game again. When I deleted some objects or deleted some triggers, It works again.

I have bad feeling that is a problem with some capacity that warcraft can manage but I don't know how to fix it. :(

Can someone help me? Thanks.

Level 5
The problem is probably caused by the fact that you have too many imported stuffs in the map. There is a workaround for this problem, but it is very tiresome. You'll have to import all your stuff again into the campaign editor (and change the path of the stuff as well) and delete it from the import editor in your map. That should fix the problem.

Level 15
The problem is probably caused by the fact that you have too many imported stuffs in the map. There is a workaround for this problem, but it is very tiresome. You'll have to import all your stuff again into the campaign editor (and change the path of the stuff as well) and delete it from the import editor in your map. That should fix the problem.

If the map is bigger than 8 MB , it would show 'Map file's size is too big' . The fact , and I'm sure , is that some triggers are corrupted . And this may be caused by JASS triggers. For example :
1- You have NewGenPack Editor that doesn't allow to turn off trigger , You turn off Jasshelper . You put
JASS:
call RemoveLocation(udg_AnyPoint)

But this point isn't even in variables list . Then normally the map won't run if at least one trigger or one line from the trigger is corrupted

Trigger will be automatically turned off should that be the case.
If the map is bigger than 8 MB , it would show 'Map file's size is too big' .
8mb+ maps won't work only in multiplayer. They work properly in singleplayer. Remember that he's making a campaign. Supposedly, campaigns are for singleplayer unless you emulate TheSpoon; adding multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.