• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Project: Alpha status-Unamed still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I Started this project over 1 year ago when i still played WcIII. Now that I am back into the community i decided to start it up again almost from scratch.

-The old name of the map was "L.O.E. Lands or Enchantment: Age of Heros"
note: i have not decided on the new name yet.
- I am the architect of the map but my inspiration has come from many friends on WCIII and fellow players who tested the embryo versions
-This map is still under the Alpha stage. The map is rather playable in an oversimplified version with only 30% of its content. I hope to set up a small demo with two playable races soon.
-The Map is loosely based off of Kings and Knights. Its really just a smelting pot of different game play. The overall objective is diplomacy; to become the most powerful kingdom, hero, group of kingdoms, group of Heroes or both.
-
- The map has melee elements in that all players start with either a Journeyman or Adventurer.
- there are computer AI systems set up to give possible common enemies or allies to players
- Creeps are available in certain parts of the maps.
- In the full version there will be quests for both the kingdoms and the heroes to participate in as well as global events :D
- A lot is left up to the players making it much like an open RPG. The game is set up to have a kingdom which develops and grows through different tier systems unit classes. Players can start war soon in the game or wait till the breaking points. The Possibilities are endless.
eg. (some situations i have seen)- Tyranus empire vs rebelions, crusades, cold war status wars, complete anialation by the computer, etc

Features
# 5 possible races; Humans, Orcs, Nathagar, Undead, Merpeople. With different unit themes and techtrees.
# 3 different type of freelance heroes for each race as well as 3 basic kingdom heroes
# Trade and tax system- Trade units with players or force them into being your tax income
# Item vs service economy between kingdom and heroes.
# Different terrain templates; Caves, sea, Etc
# Completely homogeneous races, not dwarves or elves with humans etc..
Basics-
#Income via taxes; Villagers, sheep etc
#Two races; Orcs and Humans

-Humans.
#Mainly have strong melee to swarm the enemy
# few medium ranged.
#All spellcaster's are Anti spellcasters, or Negative buffers

-Orcs
#Have Strong me lee, less attack but more life
# Rely more on their offensive/med ranged/spell casters
#majority of spell casters are Buffers and Offensive

Seige
-The siege units are relatively similar right now
#Only seige and select other units can attack buildings(towers not included)
#Battering rams, Seige Towers, Catapults, Demolishers, Balistas, Mines etc.

Miscelanious
- I have a history of the races in the works.
- The Nathagar are a race made up of three sub races for anyone who's wondering. I just couldn't go with the good old elves this time :D

Credits
Unfortunately since all of my data has been lost i don't have the excact names of people i can give credit to but believe me, this map is only possible because of the people who helped me with the little things

Here is the map Link:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/maps/6596

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.