• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Making: Team or Solo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Do you find you work best on your ambitious maps with the help of others or by yourself? The advantages I see to being in a team are getting more work done, different minds coming up with different ideas/ways of seeing things, and more motivation from your teammates to help you along with your map. I've learned that big ambitious maps really need the assistance of others if you want them to ever be released within a reasonable time period, but I still find myself wondering how others manage to work by themselves and release big ambitious maps.

Also, how do you guys find the motivation to keep working on your map if it is just you working on it? For those of you who have managed to release a big map, how did you plow through the massive work to do it? What are the techniques to working productively and getting a lot done?

Either working alone or with someone else it doesn't really bother me...
Although it seems that I have more of a chance of releasing a map if I work alone. I just like expanding my mind in WE and I can not explain it really any more easier. If you have the determination to go at something get through to it to the end or don't do it at all. If it's for practice or to have other people to enjoy a finished product It doesn't bother me.
I am more of an all around guy that likes giving a go at anything that I think that I can be competitive at, not for reconsideration, but for being able to realize how this treatable world works to the best of my ability.
These are also reasons why I can do both coding and terraining to a point where it can possibly impress people.
I also don't like being predictable.

Level 9
I've never made a map with someone else but I know that if I work alone it would be more well-done than if I work in a group cuz then I would have to share my ideas and change the way i see it to fit my teamate's wishes if u know what i mean. Of course I am not certain of this cuz i never had a team but I kinda feel like working alone makes maps more well-done instead of working with teams and finishing it 4x faster but a crappy version of what i expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.