• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] Map is about to load (80%)=crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
After making some custom units, adding 2 chaos abilities and some triggers the map started crashing.Even when I delete those units, abilities and triggers it still crashes.I go to WE, open map, click test map, starts loading, reaches 80%, wc3 turns off, WE still on.
I might have missed something...
What is causing this crash and is there an error finding program?

Level 29
How triggers can be poorly made?

Also I suggest you to avoid creating actions, that are connected with multiboard/dialogs/leaderboard.

Inefficient coding is a poorly made trigger. If a trigger hits op-limit its a poorly made trigger. It's rather simple. His problem is probably an action that he uses that crashes.

@TO
Can u post ur map init triggers so we can see them.

There are a list of actions in my tutorial Things a GUIer should know that tells u wat shouldn't be used in map init triggers.

Level 8
nope...I checked all triggers with init event (I even remade them all to trigger at 1 second of game).I even deleted them and tried to test it, but still a crash.When I tried playing it via wc3 (I put it in "maps", custom game,...) it crashed again at 80%.
help me :(

edit:
Inefficient coding is a poorly made trigger. If a trigger hits op-limit its a poorly made trigger. It's rather simple. His problem is probably an action that he uses that crashes.
I will check the tutorial.What kind of actions do cause crashes?

Level 8
Disable all triggers and see if it crashes.
I tired and it seem like it's not about the triggers.

Otherwise you'll want to delete the objects you created until you don't get the crash (make a backup for your map before doing this).

such as units and abilities?will try

If you have custom models, try deleting them and restart the map

The models I imported are in the map for a long time.I didn't import anything before the crashing started.

edit:It turns out that presence of one kind of unit (Knight) crashes the map.If there are no knights on the map, map works fine.If there is a single knight on the map, crash.
I have no idea why :p
I will reconstruct the unit and check all triggers that are for it.

This is "kinda" solved
Thank you all for help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.