• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was actually thinking of starting a map but have been to lazy, and have a ffc map that I have not worked on in a while If u wanna complete my map for me I could send it to u. Otherwise I was thinking of an RPG where u choose heros, start in different locations, there are 4 major forces that you can ally with, you can conquer towns and find quest scrolls that speek of lost treasures. :roll:

Level 22
Hmm...well, we've never seen any maps from you before, so I don't think anyone can be really sure what you are capable of. I would just recommend something new, a fresh idea, so to speak, or even a commonly used idea with a brand new, unique theme.

I'm a big fan of A0S-style maps, so seeing one more of those might be nice, but those often take a bit of time to build and balance out.
-VGsatomi

Level 13
Basically I havent completed any maps, I always bet bored of it and dont complete it. I was working on a Chess map and kind of still am, but there's a lot of tedious triggering to it and it gets boring after a while. Besides, I'm working on a campaign with someone right now which is my main focus, I just want something on the side.

So, what I want is something thats not too intensive in anything, just all around fun and quick too make. I don't have too much time, but I would like something when I'm bored.

@MikeMatt: That's an interesting idea, but its not too original. I want something that has never been seen before. Besides for that, RPG's can get a bit intensive with units and stuff like that. I'll think of your idea, but we'll have to wait and see.

Level 5
I was gonna make this but the Arc The Lad map i was working on won in my idea pool.
Would be a multi player.

War Games - you could say it would be kinda like Uther Party, or Mario Party, but two teams of 5 people would have to play a bunch of mini war games vs. each other like AOS, cap the Flag, King of the Hill and many other ones.

Level 2
I'm working on one right now, called taurusoid's reign, it's done, but roughly 80% ask how to play it, 40% lose in the first 4 minutes, and i have no terrain or terrific balancing skills... i could use ur help if this sounds interesting...

6 heroes, each hero with his own race.

in each race, there is...

a basic unit, with an anti air attack as well as a ground attack

an air unit, with an anti ground attack, weak against basic unit, also hits air...

heavy melee, strong against basic and caster, can't hit air

Caster, Casts a variety of spells, nto strong vs anything, but useful to have.

3 heroes per race, 1 str hero, 2 agi heroes, none of them ranged...

when the game begins, you train a hero and send worshippers (builders) to lumber and pick a hero. when u have 100 lumber, you build that hero's base. then send the worshippers to gather gold until you can buy units or more worshippers. there is no food except for the hero, and if your hero dies, you lose. that's it, no exceptions... includes custom spells and upgrades, though i'm not good at spells, so...

if you have any of these...

good terraining
good balancing skills
good spellmaking skills, i could really use your help... i don't want to throw this map away...

Level 6
Maybe you could try creating a new RPG map. There' s just too much arenas, AoS are really long to make (I' m creating one =]) or maybe you could do... just a simple cinematic, or why not making a campaign? I know tons of ideas surround your mind... :p

Level 3
well..... i've always been a fan of open rpg's working on one myself. a good idea (just my idea may b stupid to u) is i love notd 2. Like that i think someone should make a Warhammer 40k (if not i might just have to do it) being a fan of the modles. u can do the same type of stuff as notd 2 (ammo, clips, etc..). u should make Ultramarines (marines) againts an invading tyranid colony (hydras, and maybe hire a modle maker for genestealers and other modles) and put them on a remote planet in like a plain wid cliffs and all that stuff and have them survive til reinforcements come or reinforcements can some and u can just have an objective of killing the tyranid hive. wow um this might b hard to understand cuz its not very organized but hopefully u get my drift. (though this prolly wouldnt b for u if u just want somethin quick) and also u can have a save code in ranks just like notd 2. well i could go all day on ideas so if u want to know more on ideas about this subject just pm me and ill tell u what u want to know or add me on wc3 and talk to me from 2:40 to 3:00 on weekdays (mountain time). gl to all wid maps

Level 2
I'm personal sick of AoS/DotA maps, minigame maps bring in some much-needed variety among the massive overflow of AoS/DotA clones.

Just think of a basic concept and throw in some new ones, try mixing gameplay ideas from several maps or even other games.

The easiest ideas to expand on are simple ones, just look at Sheep Tag.

I'd also love to see a continuous RPG, as opposed to all of the open RPGs. I mean, come on, stuff like A Day at School and CT RPG were the best maps in Starcraft and the only WC3 map I've seen capture that feel is Video Game RPG.

Level 22
I'm personal sick of AoS/DotA maps, minigame maps bring in some much-needed variety among the massive overflow of AoS/DotA clones.

Yes, there are a lot of clones out there, that's why I suggested making one that has a new idea to it or has a unique theme, so its not just a mere clone.

The quickest style of map you can make, of course, would be a melee map. That way you have absolutely no triggerwork to worry about :wink: Melee is always fun to play one, provided that its reasonable and balanced (i.e. no hordes of high level creeps at every turn which, for some reason, melee map makers love to do :x )

@ DarkShadow: I look forward to seeing it :)

-VGsatomi

Level 3
I have an idea for you

there is a town, a vampire lives in the bell tower, you. your job is to sneek around the town and convert ppl into zombies until you can confront the priest. He must not wake up before you finish.

Level 11
I have original idea for your map, you can make LEMMINGS map...you have 20 lemmings with dump-AI and they are survive... :lol: it will be fun (maybe).
lemming.gif

Level 13
Great ideas everyone, but I thought up something myself. The idea needs a lot of work, but it should be fun to create and make. Basically you are in some type of dream world where anything can happen, and the point of the map is to get to the ring of power in the middle before the other players. I already have the background story to it pretty much figured out, and it should be prtty fun since anything can happen in this 'dream world'. You have to fight monsters and do quests along the way, and I'll have random obstacles that make the game challenging, like quests that have no purpose or places where you randomly teleport to another part of the map. it should be pretty fun, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Tell me what you think of my idea :wink: .

Level 13
Actually, it wouldn't have to be too big, what I plan is for you to be able to cross the other players roads and maybe get to fight them. Then, if you die, you end up in some different area of the map, making it confusing.

Plus, when someone reaches the ring the game is over. The guy who got the ring gets a victory sign, guys who didn't get a defeat sign.

More feedback would be much appreciated. I'm always open to ideas to implement for the map :) .

EDIT: Another idea I just had to combat map size would have the players cross the same area more than once, and have something different each time. For example, at one point you may find yourself passing a place where you recieve a quest, the next time you pass the place there's a monster there. That way the players have to keep guessing throughout the entire map so they won't be killed.

Level 2
I like the idea. You should make sure the players can see what their opponents are doing, or at least have recon stuff like sentry/watcher wards scattered around. Competitive maps are no fun unless you know what'd happening.

Level 13
@[DragonSS]amurai-X: Well I'm already working on a seperate project with someone, but thanks for the offer. I'd rather have something that I can work on at my own slow pace and not having to worry about the hassle of working on a team.

As for the idea of seeing other players, I think thats a good idea. It would probably make the map even more competitive.

Keep the ideas flowing everyone :wink: .

Level 9
A game you would play all day (like i used to do with legacies)
An idea i had was WoW 3rd person rpg
Like legacies changing the veiw to the back of the unit (or possible have a first person mode if its possible..)
Have cool looking skins but not to Overpower the terrain.
Maby have new races, Such as a Golem race, Dwarfs, Centaurs, and possibly Some demonic race... like Demon Animals...
Maby edit the wc3 models a bit to make them look original. lol or just make it stupid and have textures that are totaly white (veiw my texture called, The worst texture ever!!!. You will see why i call it that.. And then have a Square head (like totaly square. Or cubes for bones.

Level 12
I like your idea, and i actually had a similar idea but i got bored after making the characters.
The only thing that i could suggest is minigames every so often that are quick and not too difficult, that give bonus' and stuff.
Make Characters abilities able to get very powerful very quickly so people cant just mad dash to the ring without getting messed up.
Also (though i hate when people give me descriptions) make it short so i could lose and not care.

Complex chaotic environments with simple goals and simple controls games are the best when you just cant concentrate...
:lol: :roll:
If ur not sure what i mean think about it when playing games like kill switch or halo

Level 13
thats a cool idea, but you would have to have puzzles like mist does (mabye not as complex, but hard).

Level 13
@Formula1: I was thinking of mini-games, I'll have to see how it is while I'm doing it. I pretty much thought that the quests and stuff would keep you busy, but I'll see.

@Kerrigan: I've never played mist so I'm not sure what you're talking about, but the map is pretty much about puzzles and being confusing.

Anyways, I have the background story figured out. You play as a warrior of your choice training to be some sort of warrior. Now you've come to your final test to graduate as a full fledged warrior. The test takes place in a dream world created by powerful wizards who made it for this test. The purpose is simple - reach the middle first. But, on the way you encouter hardships challenging all attributes a warrior needs, strangth, agility, intelligence, stamina etc.

Feedback is more than welcome :wink:

Level 9
heh

i got one.... again..
Ok its a campaign sorta thing.
You start off as a peasant.
You farm, hgrow pigs , cattle, plants ect.
When you get the cash you can purchase armor and weapons.
When you get enough stuff you can go into the blacksmith and get the stuff fitted onto you.
Then you become a footman.
Sence you should have cash from farming n' stuff theres no need to have to farm (for awhile at any rate.)
But you need to be able to go into a blacksmith and take off your gear at any time.
Gear would be limited to certain types.
Clay sword: +1 to attack break chance 12% a hit (high)
Troine armor: +1 to defense break chance 7% every hit you take (medium)
Both of the following could be for a peasant.
Then after your a footman you can get stuff like.
Agdract Sword: +3 to attack break chance 9% (high)
Agdract Iron: +2 to defense break chance 19% (VERY HIGH)
Agdract Armor: +3 to defense break chance 7% medium)
Armorless Horse: +0 cannot break. transforms you to a knight.
You may notice 2 armors one of them is a shield (Agdract iron)
then stuff moves up like that.
Knights can upgrade to armored horse: knight
Then have a choice of becoming a mercenary and do missions and have a chance to explore the outside world.
Or become a full fledged royal warrior and gaurd the castle from Lord Artha'k (a very powerful orcish king with hopes of taking over the pityful human city.
Along with defending it from creeps and other things.
Maby even have a third guy an explorer that could do research for the king and recive gold for finding things like naga ruins orcish secrets, human fallen buildings ect.
Full fleged royal warrior can kill the king to become king.
Mercenary can do the same or kill the orcish king to rule over them.
Explorer can kill the king or kill another species ruler like an ancient naga race thats been hiding from illidan or somin.
Geeze i should make this game...

Level 6
My ideas:
I'm making a Hero Defence map. Other maps i've also started but not finished are:

A tower defence -- stopped because it was turning into another -Maul clone

Fleet Wars -- almost a melee-style map, you start with a town hall and instead of workers, ships. Your ships harvest gold/lumber, and you can build a port to build more ships )the campaign ones and also a special one -- stopped because getting the undead special ship t work was too hard

LOTR -- there still isnt a decent LOTR campaign out there....

And a Lemmings map would be awesome :D

Bort

Level 13
Nice ideas, but I'm staying eith mine.

Now I need ideas for heroes. I only want the user to play as 4 heroes, but I don't know what the heroes should be, so if you have any ideas for heroes and spells to go along with your hero idea, that would be great. :)

Level 12
Custom Warrior

The basis is that the Hero is next to completely customizeable.

- Uses the Attribute bonus system in spells sectiion
- Buy Spells using triggers
- Buy Skills using same triggers
- Buy weapons that are attachable using orc battle standard
- Buy genes That attach using triggers and modify your hero to new levels (example: Angel Wings- Unit flies instead of walks, Increases Health and Armor)

Could be used with darkys hero save (but would get kinda long)

Level 12
Or because this will be a dreamworld
-Magician- Powerful and unrealistic spellcaster
-Shapeshifter- SHifts into weird new forms
-Warrior- Uses different weapons to show off
-Yoshi- with defend, consume, Shoot egg, spit fire and invincebility

LOL

Level 13
Lol, I'm sure Yoshi would be the most popular hero :wink: .

But on the serious side, if you read the story, the heroe are in this world as a test for there strength. To make them totally customizable would take a long time to make, I want something fun to create. For your other ideas, theyre good, but I'm looking for something a bit more detailed.

Level 12
If this is a test of strength and endurance then...

1) Warrior (Beast Master)- Useful for Melee
Abilities- Warstomp
- Cleaving attack
- Charge (closerange thunderbolt)
- Ultimate (Avatar)

2) Gladiator (Bandit hero)- Useful as multi weapons
Abilities- Bow of truth (Auto cast Arrows)
- Spear of power (1 hit i kill slow spear)
- Rocket of destruction (high damage, high mana cost)
- Bomb (Plant a bomb)

3)Paladin (Paladin)- Uses magic and attack
Abilities- Holy Light
- Bash
Whatever

I lost concentration

Level 3
hmm deatailed eh?

Mistic 204(a spell casting unit great for sneak attacks and quick deaths)

-Mimic-(use when unit by to copy form of unit / select a unit to form into)
-Shadow Ball-(unit fires dark ball(shrinks in distance)hits anything in its directed path)
-NightShade-(turn invisible until you move)
-SpineBurts-(fires 7 spines in given direction)
-ShadowSplit-(Creates a black hole(color dark purple/black)at the origin of the unit, unit disapears and reapears at random point(like make a big region around hero when he uses spell and then have come back into that same region but in a random point)
-BlindingSlice-(unit attacks another unit dealing leathal damage having a 25% chance of killing another unith within a givin range)
-Nightcrawl-(turns unit invisible for 8 sec. even if he cast spells or attacks)

-modle looks somethin like a alien (like kerrigans on pg 2 i know there is a modle on this site just like that but not purple)

k now im not expecting u to even use all these this is just an example so ya.

and um if that isnt detailed enuff il just have to think next time i post...

Status
Not open for further replies.