• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Maker-Please post your map ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey. I've been making maps for years now. So im starting to run out of original ideas. If anyone has any concepts or ideas that they think would make good maps please post your idea. or just send me an email [email protected]:spell_breaker:

Level 7
make a pirate rpg based on ships :p

not very original... But on Warcraft 3 it would be.

Your a captain, you can start/ get off at ports, hire people as your ship crew, upgrade and/or buy new parts for your ship.. meh
You and your crew could get off at locations around the ocean that are like dungeons that you can go through.

Level 12
make a pirate rpg based on ships :p

not very original... But on Warcraft 3 it would be.

Your a captain, you can start/ get off at ports, hire people as your ship crew, upgrade and/or buy new parts for your ship.. meh
You and your crew could get off at locations around the ocean that are like dungeons that you can go through.

yeah and you can make your base somewhere and find gold treasures and kill other pirates to add your rang in the "Black List" and there are 3 legandary pirates crew AI they are the fearsomesest and powerfulliest ...

Level 17
Here is a map I made, I gave up on it...

What is it all about?

*There is a battlefield
*There is this unit that has item slots and can use it
*For the unit, you can buy it some weapons like in BattleShips and upgrade the unit to make it stronger
*Then every 20 seconds the unit you designed will be cloned and spawned in both sides of the battlefield, both enemies, both will meet up in the middle.

Level 2
Thanks for the Pirate idea. That sounds quite good actually. I will be sure to put your name on the loading screen for the map Re8eL42. To the Person whos said make an anti-Dota map. Are u a retard? do you know how many hundreds of hours you need to put in to make a map like dota?

Keep the ideas coming guys.

If anyone is interested in helping develop this map please email me.

:spell_breaker:

Level 9
not really man, i work on my dota-like map every sat 5 hrs and sunday 5 hrs, it took me about 2 mths to complete it. so, totally not yet up to 100 hrs hehe..
P.S. No one ask u to do 90 heroes & few hundreds of items in 1 go, u may kick off the map from 10 heroes.. :p

For the pirates idea, the idea is quite similar to a map called "Battleship Allstars", if u gonna use that idea, u have to make more nicer units in order to make ur map popular..

Level 2
Including designing decent units and upgrade it takes easily a hundred hours to make a dota-style map. Either yours is really crap, or you havnt worked out all the faults in it. To make DotA into what it is today would have taken thousands of hours.

:spell_breaker:

Level 9
well, i only take few hrs to do the 1st versoin, wat i mean "2 mth" is that from the 1st day i design my map till today the update of the latest version, it took me 2 mths.

”Either yours is really crap, or you havnt worked out all the faults in it.“ <- maybe u could have a try the map and see if its crappy / lot of bugs or not
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50931

Level 2
Hey, just dropping in and say I've just sent you 2 emails (I forgot to attach the preview in the first one).

Level 2
OK thanks for the email. I didnt make this thread to agrue with other map makers. Keep the good ideas coming. If your interested in helping to develop any maps email me. otherwise just map ideas please
:Spell_Breaker:

Level 2
hi all, im making a map similar to dota gameplay. but has different heroes, models/skins, icons, items, and many more. i was just woundering if someone could help me with stuff like (recipe items, tips, and anything else found that should be added on) if you are interested in helping me on my project please inform me, plus i will add you into credits in my map! TY,

Level 17
Why post it here? Create your own thread.

ON-TOPIC:

BTW, i might have an idea. It's very raw but there might become something out of it.

Cavemen vs Astronouts.

Two teams battle each others in a quest to find out which ones would win if Cavemen and Astronouts would get into a fight(Idea from a joke in the TV-series Angel :xxd:). One of the teams play as cavemen, the other as astronouts.

Cavemen favour strength and melee combat, while astronouts favour tech and ranged combat. The game should be somewhat strategy-based, each player has a base in which he will build defenses and units.

The Cavemen should use Stone as a resource, which they would find in caves and on the ground, and the Astronouts should use electricity, which they get from generators.

The main objective is to totally defeat the other team's players by destroying their base.

Status
Not open for further replies.