• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Filesize Solution ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok so ive been importing like 2GB of models/textures. The map crushes around 0.8 GB. Next thing i did was to edit the mpq files. (war3.mpq war3x.mpq)

Error: Unable to open war3.mpq.

Is there a way to fix this? Please do not judge me and do not answer with stupid posts like: WTH you need so many models? or anything that are not related and will not help in any way my problem. Thank you

Level 12
You know that if you got local files allowed you can just create folders inside the wc3 folder and just copy your files there? You could try it that way..

Im curious though, what big project are you on which requires such amount of data? Tell me something about it, if you want :)

Ok so ive been importing like 2GB of models/textures. The map crushes around 0.8 GB. Next thing i did was to edit the mpq files. (war3.mpq war3x.mpq)

Error: Unable to open war3.mpq.

Is there a way to fix this? Please do not judge me and do not answer with stupid posts like: WTH you need so many models? or anything that are not related and will not help in any way my problem. Thank you

What error do you get when you are at 0.8 GB? (specifically. a screenshot would help too)

About the "Unable to open war3.mpq", you must close the world editor and wc3 before opening it with an MPQ editor (opening it as readonly will work just fine, but ofc you won't be able to make edits). Most public mpq editors do not allow edits if something else is currently accessing the MPQ, so they'll throw a generic error like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.