• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HELP adding new MPQs to Warcraft III Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi everybody, I have an important question to ask the people that know a lot of programming and modding.
I want to create my own MPQ with some data that with be extremerly large being imported in my map, but I have a matter. It would be perfect create a new MPQ (using MPQ Master) and make the program read it at all. I mean, I can create and put the mpq in Warcraft III folder, but it will not be read when I try to do it. I know that this thing I'm wanted is possible, 'cause I have download some mods that I have their own mpq and they make Warcraft read as if it would be War3.mpq/Patch.mpq/War3x.mpq/War3Local.mpq. So, I want to know if there is a way to that, I have a base of knowlendges about programming and c++, so I'm able to understand.
Thanks,
Naus Allien.

Last edited:
Level 14
IIRC there is a way to inject MPQs with a higher priority than war3patch.mpq, but i dont know how. You could also create a campaign, which would afaik be the easiest way to do this (again, i dont know how exactly to do this, but there are people who do).

Level 19
search about "allow local files" and learn how to do that
then put your files in folder not in mpq game will read them from there

Level 2
I need create a new mpq with a lot of data to make a mod, or try to do it. That's why I need inject a new mpq to Warcraft III data folder and make it read my mod. Of course, I don't want replace any of Warcraft's original files, and I don't want to put the files inside War3Patch.mpq or any other of existings mpqs.
If someone knows how to this thing, I sure there is someone, please tell me as soon as possible...
Thanks,
Naus Allien.

Level 19
Also after you allowed local files you can put mpq instead just files and it will read... I think

Level 2
Need_O2, it doesn't work. I put my own mpq with new units and SLK files in Warcraft III folder, I allowed local files by using Warcraft3Confing, but the game still doesn't read my mpqs. Please people, How can I do what I want??

Level 2
With the files without a mpq, it works. But that's not what I want, I need make a mpq, not create a millon of files in Warcraft III. Does the option "allow local files" make you able to put your own mpq files?

Status
Not open for further replies.