• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Compression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok for the record both Heavylocker and Extprotect have a serious flaw, during obfuscation the execute function action is not considered, corrupting any map with that type of action. Also for the record Vexorian's Map Optimizer is THE BEST, nothing surpasses it.

ALso Extprotect actually makes your map BIGGER (most of the time), not smaller.

The more 'imports' in your map the less any protector/optimizer will make it smaller. However With two 300 kb model imports Vexorian's map optimizer halved my map size.

Last edited:
Level 11
Its Vexorian's Map Optimizer. The other people really don't understand the difference between the two. However I have used all three. And the others aren't even on the same page as Vexorian's. No one after a side by side comparison can disagree that Vexorian's comes out ontop.

Also its what icefrog uses. (the maker of dota) And we all know that if icefrog does it, it must be perfect. (sigh)

Level 11
Exactly no sounds & models make it much easier to make the map smaller. Vexorian's not only makes the map smaller, it replaces certain BJ jass actions with natives, (makes map run faster) Replaces constants with their actual numbers. (more speed) And can be used to enforce isunittype protection. It also uses five or six different map protection methods. While extprotect uses about three. Extprotect also saves a copy of all the files in an encrypted file inside the .mpq which allows you to unprotect it by a password. That file takes up space, so if your not planning on unprotecting the file its a waste

Level 11
Ummm. That was the whole point of what we've been talking about. On a 1 to 10 scale of how absolutely pointless that thread was I give it a -10. Congratulations. And since you didn't notice my argument was AGAINST Extprotect you obviously didn't even read my whole post.

Final proof, heres a map (the same map) one used vexorian's one used Extprotect. On top of it all, I'm almost certain that the one that used Extprotect is corrupted. I took special care to use the newest one.

The bottom one is the original.

Attachments

• VEXORIAN_TestMap.w3x
    183.5 KB · Views: 82
  • EXTPROTECT_TestMap.w3x
    695.5 KB · Views: 68
  • TestMap.w3x
    563.2 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.