• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Map] CardCraft SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
[Project] CardCraft SC

Hi there, i want to demonstrate you my project, i hope to get some people into the official forum on http://www.cardcraftsc.com// since there are still just 24 members including me!

First i tell you something about cardcraft: In real it is Cardcraft 2, since the first part was for warcraft 3, but there are not so many people out there who know this map, since it came out very late around mid of 2007.

The project started as Warcraft 3 Card Game, but i should have named it trading card game, since noone came in with that name, so it has been renamed to Cardcraft, it got a bit more popular with this name.

So now lets start talking about the project itself. It is comparable to magic the gathering or yu-gi-oh, but in real time, all units are moving every second instead of turn based gameplay. It is a cardgame, where you can select out of many cards to create a user made deck and you were able to store them into passwords for later usage. There were around 300+ cards, some cardmasters to choose of and just 1on1 games, but some different modes. Cardmasters are your units ingame who play the cards, they had different hero abilities to support the deck strategies.

Lets now come to Starcraft - in CardCraft SC the gameplay will be improved a lot! I got already lots of systems working, you can play in teams with any number of players so you can play e.g. 3on1, 2on2 3on3 7on3 even a 14on1. I wanted to use all 16 players you have available in starcraft, but player 0 has sight over whole map and so it is temporarily removed until that can be fixed or when it is for sure that it does not matter! Even a tournament system is ready, where you have to win a best of 3 against every opponent on your way to the trophy! This tournament mode is even possible with 2on2 teams!

You can save decks to bankfiles and the cards are shown as dialogs as you will see in the videos.

The battle system is also finished, the arenas are a lot smaller compared to cardcraft, so an arena is just a bit bigger than 1 screen, in warcraft you always had to scroll a lot so you lost the overview, even if you had comments what your opponent has summoned!

The life bar is implemented as an obelisk having life/shield per enemy player. At the moment the stats are 500life,100shield per enemy restoring 10 shield per player, when it is not attacked for more than 1 round.

Later on there will be a mode for trading card game, where you may be have a campaign and you can get points to trade them into booster packs getting random cards, you could trade them with others or sell them in the shop to buy new cards.

By the way, this cardcraft you can even play alone, there is already a workign AI!!!!

Now lets come to the two videos, one is a battle in full hd (many things got fixed after that and the terrain has changed, but i didnt make a new video so far) the second one is about the shopping, adding cards etc.

Level 4
I added already more cards and there will come a lot more, but on the videos it was just to show the system.

For now i added baneling as a spell, you can cast it on a zergling to morph it, when it comes clsoe to a unit or is killed (1hp) then it blows up dealing lots of damage to all units close to it even alleid ones

Corruptor is a flying unit with 2range attack having 5range aura which increases incoming damage for all enemy units

spell graviton beam lifts up a unit for 20 seconds being attackable by anti ait units and the unit can not move/attack

At the moment i am working on publishing an prealpha for the sc2beta but there are some additional bugs on bnet like a timer becomes negative...

Level 5
wow I remember playing and suggesting cards for the origional cardcraft such as the Obsidion Destroyer

Are you going to be basing cards off the first map or trying to making them mostly compleely new and unique?

I think I'm gonna go play this now

Level 6
Horray!!

Loved the original cardcraft, was registered on the website and came with a few card ideas that failed misserably:grin:

Some critisism based of the old cardcraft:

The interface looks totally awsome and i love the idea of adding booster pack and trading etc.... Just dont make that save system and levels you used, noone really liked that and i lost my code and stopped playing.

Make sure not to add obvious card combinations, making decks of a type very similar and dull. Don't add overpowered cards either, like "search card" was very powerful and i almost always used 3 of those in my deck. Did'nt like god cards either for that matter....

Simply maker alot of more simple cards to enable infinitive deck combinations and trading :thumbs_up:. Made a funny skeletal warrior mass in the old one which worked kinda well...

Some spells that recuires more "micro" or whatever would be nice 2, the old ones where mostly aim and done, some more micro would add abit more speed and excitement to the game, ecspecially now when you dont have to scroll over half the map to find your target.... a mininuke for aiming and estimating perhaps? Yeah i suck at ideas....

I sooo hope that this succeeds and im gonna test it as soon as i'm at dads house (the computer here cant handle sc2).

Sry for long post :hohum:

Level 4
The new patches have deleted it from the servers and i dont have that version anymore, so its bad... and the new version is at the moment not really playable, so sorry that i can not give you a playable version at the moment ^^.

I am working to improve the actual shop system to make it use easier for the adventure mode
So the shop doesnt really work right now hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.