• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Duelist Fight - looking for Reviewers/Testers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12

Hi everyone,

This is a map I've been working on steadily for quite a few months since the beta. It's finally approaching the release stage and am beginning to look for reviewers and testers.

The map takes 2 concepts and blends them together:
  • Castle Fight - This is a popular Warcraft 3 map, 2 teams on either side of the map, steadily build up Structures, which spawn units and send them across the battlefield to each other. The goal to skillfully choose the correct combination of units with your team and overwhelm your opponents, killing their main structure.
  • Collectible Card Games - There's many out there, I was mainly inspired by Magic the Gathering. In this you construct decks from 5 colors, using them to summon creatures and cast spells, attempting to wither your opponents life points or deck down to nothing in order to win.

Result
In this map, you also have 2 teams opposing each other, 1 Main Structure each.
  • Each player picks a deck, with a consorted theme.
  • Using your hands of cards you can summon units to the field from your main structure or cast spells to influence the battle.
  • There's many combo's and team tactics that can be utilized.
  • There's alot less unit's on the field than Castle Fight, as you summon them 1 by 1 yourself, the spells give you much more interaction, each unit is unique and special.
  • The game is much more intense and fast paced than Card Games in the RTS environment. Hopefully the result will be good :p

I realize there's many card game type maps coming out these days, but just think you might be pleasantly surprised!

Map Stage
At the moment it's all looking good, everything seems to be working, I'm mainly going over the final touches, making sure there's no bugs etc. So far there's 4 Decks I've made, I've put them online so very open to feedback. May be fairly difficult to review them at this stage without having played the map, but nevertheless feedback is welcome :)

Overview
  • Game is intended to be up to 3v3.
  • Team main structures have 300 health
  • You start with 5 cards, maximum hand size of 6.
  • Draw a new card every 20 seconds.
  • Gain roughly 2 mana per second (max 200).
  • There are 2 lanes, top and bottom which you can use.

4 Decks
I tried making the decks pretty diverse, but please note I do fully intend to add alot more, so not every 'type' is quite covered just yet.
  • Burning Furnace - A very aggressive deck, focusing everything on inflicting as much as damage and aggression as possible with little regard for self. Combination of fast units and burn spells.
  • Mind Rot - A tactical deck, focusing in taking your opponents apart piece by peice with just the right card combination at the right time. Combination of highly specialized units and spells. (Note this deck I'm still tweaking)
  • The Swarm - A heavily unit focused deck, focusing on spawning as many unit's as possible to overwhelm by sheer numbers and brute force. Combination of swarm units and spells.
  • Hand of Justice - A defensive deck, focusing on union and teamwork. Combination of cheap efficient units & spells.

Let me know what you think of the decks if you get a chance. Open to all feedback and ideas. The map itself should be out within a few days hopefully. Hope you enjoy and please leave any comments thanks.

Screen shots
Zoomed out terrain Overview
ATerrain.jpg

Unit & Spell card selection Preview
ASpell.jpg

AUnit.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.