• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map can't load to certain players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Hello there. I was wondering if someone knew the answer to this question. You see, I've been reworking a map for a year, to create the "complete" version of it. Since I've remade and added tons of things, I can't say for sure what is the exact reason. Whenever I try the map, alone, or with my friends, it works fine for them. However, I've been getting some posts that people cannot run the map, it gets stuck on loading screen. Disabling 3D sound worked for some people, not for all, and the PC was not "bad" enough to run the map. I can't determine the problem, since it always worked and still works for me and my friends. Does anyone have an idea?

Help appreciated.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Post the map initialization trigger if you can :D

Ehm, I'm talking about an ORPG, with over 800 triggers...not quite possible.
I do load 1000 variables + though.

EDIT: Yeap, one of the problems was the version. Sometimes it's 3d sound, other times HQ models.

I'm still not sure if those are all the options that can cause it, if there's anything else you might now, please post.

And if you're on a mac, certain textures will cause the map to freeze and then crash (which is often at the loading screen). So check if any of your friends run a mac (I kind of doubt it). But if they do, just let me know via PM and I'll check your map for compatibility. :)

EDIT: And as rheiko and Daffa said, make sure they set their texture options to high!

Status
Not open for further replies.