• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Approval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
It seems to me that the map approval team is on a very long coffee break. Speaking very specifically, the map Metastasis has not been approved yet, due to "Lacking a proper description". it has been over a month, and the description error was fixed the day after that was mentioned as an error. Considering that Metastasis itself is a very popular and often hosted map: http://www.mapgnome.org/browse/sort-hosted/east7d/1 it seems odd that it is still awaiting approval.

I also looked around at the other waiting approval maps. It seems like the map moderation committee's last moderation on DBZ Tribute Extreme was at 11:02, 24th Sep 2008. A year ago. It is still pending approval.

I have found quite a few cases like this.

Are the mods inactive or what's happening?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Each map has a number of suggested players. As you might imagine, playing a map that requires multiple players in Single Player mode is not the same thing.
The truth is that it's not easy to find people to actually test maps with me, much less fill the suggested players proposal.

Plus, I'm on a laptop that isn't as suitable for games as my computer, but my computer is having overheating problems. The Internet also seems to be quite unstable when playing here.
So you see, I'm conditioned by a lot of factors.

EDIT: I am also not going to tell you I'll try to make it better, because with school starting, it's only tending to get worst.

Level 10
Look... A lot mods are put on resources already and month of no approval is nothing, some maps took 2 years for approval. There are massive amount of resources what aren't approved, so it's bit hard to aprove them all making perfect review. Also why you care about aproval so much? It is only like a guide for players to tell them how good map is, since metastasis is pretty well known, people should know how good it is.

Off-Topic: I don't like thing that you loose some sound (like ping sound) on future games when playing Metastasis.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Well I don't understand why metastasis has suddenly become so popular. After playing some games, I kinda got tired of it. Well it's a creative tag game and I understand it's very fun to play. Also it got very popular within a few weeks after release.

But there are about 600+ maps to approve, so map moderators have tons of work. Maps section has most unapproved resources. Also hive wouldn't mind if they had more map reviewers, although with 6 map mods, the moderation take much time to review each map.

Maps - 600+ to be reviewed :eekani:
Spells - 150+ to be reviewed
Icons - 75+ to be reviewed

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Well developing solutions which speeds up the map moderation is what the site needs. I know Ralle did some time ago clear the pending maps, but it didn't went long until the number of pending maps was rising significantly again....

Map purge again would perhaps hurt the THW reputation...

Also to many people is submitting shitty maps and makes the map moderation more tiresome. Many maps are good. Few are extraordinary.

Level 15
Actually mods i have uploaded one map here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/who-is-the-killer-v3-3-a-139787/ and no mod has even replied,i don't know if it is good enough to be approved...but a mod could tell me:Lacking map,change this,edit this and correct this.That is what most users expect when they upload a map,and i don't think calling them shitty maps solves any problem or encourages users to keep editing them.

Level 11
y dont you guys just implement a system with those thumbs up thumbs down icons. 50 or more thumbs up, map becomes approved by itself, so it kind of gives you guys a break or w.e

Level 11
Well if you set it at a high number, I seriously doubt you'll have 100 accounts for one person just so he could get his map approved or w.e. But I get what you mean.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well, all this site needs is more map moderators.
Your definition of these «map moderators» you think The Hive Workshop should have is a map moderator that actually moderates maps. The website doesn't need more map moderators, its current map moderators need TIME, which they don't have: school is starting, as I have already said. We could promote a random lot of people, but what would that accomplish if they don't review the maps?

Becuase of multiaccounters and people who don't know anything will thumbs up every map they look at, and people that have a grudge will downrate the map?
This is why I don't trust systems made for every random user. I prefer having my select few.

Hmm... Got idea, how about members help map mods to test maps, for proofs send replays? It would save a lot work for Map mods.
There is that speed button that we can press to fasten up things, but we never get to see ability panels, for example. In the majority of the game types, those are extremely important. Nevertheless, observation is usually enough, so replays could be useful in most cases.

Level 11
Yea like that cinematic dude that upload 3 shitty maps in like 3 days lmao. Remeber the 15 mb map lol. And the arthas vs monk or w.e fight lmao. Jesus christ.

Level 11
How about setting it so 1 person can upload 1 map per month. Cause a map takes at least a month of work or so. Then you wouldn't have half the trash your having now.

Level 40
How can you make good maps in a single day? You cannot make a good map in a single day. Maybe a mini game or something. I spend several weeks and months on my maps...

Show me a good map that's made in 1 day.
Ever heard of the TDG Mapathon? 48 hours and much of that is testing or just unused. The result: among other maps, Hungry Hungry Felhounds, an incredibly fun and once-popular map.

Level 15
In fact,creating a map in 1 day won't have good results,cause it will have serious balance issues.A map could always use some improvements....
But this doesn't mean that you need a long long time to create a map,it can be done in a few days if you have ideas.

Last edited:
Level 40
In fact,creating a map in 1 day won't have good results,cause it will have serious balance issues.A map could always use some improvements....
But this doesn't mean that you need a long long time to create a map,it can be done in a few ideas if you have ideas.
HHF didn't have balance problems and future versions were only to add frivolities like voting on how many rounds it would be.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
Although I'm convinced you can make a minigame in 1 day as I stated, you show examples of maps made in 2 days. You can make good maps in few days and minigame/simple cinematic map in a single day (I exclude maps being made in a day using existing vJass libraries, I meant from scratch)

Well I never played felhounds before, not until i tried it in uther party 2. Fun minigame.

Status
Not open for further replies.