• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 13
Have you finally found an exceptional ability for Malfurion? I remember it was transforming him into an Ancient, but I think it could be into an animal like the other druids, like in WoW, but if you're stick with Ancient, I don't mind.
You know that Druids in WoW do have both Tree of Life and Treant forms.
I know you took off Malfurion's aura because there's no need, due to the Furbolg's Barkskin spell, I'm wondering if he would have another aura, one that could be pacific or protective, for him and the rest of his allies, it could come from a legendary item or maybe a transformation.
Like in Highborne storyline, I'm fairly certain that some Legendary items will be giving auras.
Cenarius' horn is obviously an important item in Malfurion's inventory but what it gives is not much helpfull. Since it's going to be permanently in his inventory, occuping one of the slots, I was thinking if you could give it more stats, similar to a legendary item or an artifact, in future chapters, probably when he is with Cenarius acomplishing an important test.
Imo 200 HPs is quite helpful, it doesn't need more stats, cause then you'll lose your motivation to find legendary items.
Better check Faradrella's number of levels, last time I saw it was different form the number of abilities learned. Also, is it possible to give her another model? For me, she looks a lot like a dryad, I know she is daughter of Cenarius but can she be a little different? If is not, then OK.
She is a Dryad. She's a dryad that's a Hero unit. All daughters of Cenarius are Dryads. It's kinda like with Garithos, he's a knight that's a Hero unit as well. Or the Satyr hero units.
Units are OK for me, but I suppose you have plans for them, 'new' ones, right?
I agree here. There are only two druid units, which is imo kinda too little in an expanded tech tree. I personally think that a Restoration Druid would fit much better than a Furbolg Shaman, especially cause there's already Barkskin, a Restoration Druid signature ability. And would be cool if he had some AoE nature healing spell and Treant Form. Imo Lightning Shield and Healing Wave don't really fit the Night Elf tech tree. And there's even a cool organization name from WoW for Restoration Druids, Druid of the Branch, just like Druid of the Claw represent Guardian Druids in WoW. Furbolg Shamans would instead imo be much better as mercenaries.
The legendary items, I know the first two will be the same and the other six will change. Can they be a bit more natural, suitable for the heroes? I'm saying it because of the storyline.
I agree here as well, would be really cool if some legendary items were meant for Tyrande instead of Malfurion, and if she was playable to the very end, but I think they've already got that planed out.
Tyrande is OK but I wonder if you have something else for her in her abilities.
I actually really like Tyrande's abilities, it's all of her Wc3 abilities, plus making owls far more useful with making them able to do battle, plus another starfalling ability. Imo it's a winning combination.
Please fix Jarod's Shout ability, it was showing Tyrande's Moon ability instead of silencing enemy spells and would you consider changing his first ability, I think it was a healing strike or something, to another simialr to a Shockwave but in straight line?
I agree about the Shout, however I also think Jarod has really good tanking abilities, especially the first one.
For enemies, I saw you put a Satyr hero in the Highborne storyline. But in the Sentinel storyline, can you put other types of heroes, like a Forest Troll hero, a Murloc hero, a Spider hero and / or a Furbolg hero? That would be amazing and challenging.
Satyrs are important to the story and have bases more often than not, and are even quest objectives sometimes. That's why they needed heroes and I'm fairly certain we'll be seeing them in the Sentinel storyline as well, maybe some custom Satyr unit, who knows. Dark Trolls, Murlocs and Spiders are just creeps with no bases next to no importance and do not need heroes in any way. As for the Furbolgs idk, while they do have story importance and even bases sometimes, their bases are kinda primitive, and their role is far lesser than those of the Satyrs, so I don't know what to think. It would be cool to see Furbolg hero in some chapters like chapter 3 and 9, but maybe not idk.

Level 3
Imo 200 HPs is quite helpful, it doesn't need more stats, cause then you'll lose your motivation to find legendary items.

Well, for me, It should be added with more stats, maybe an aura, Cenarius' horn occupy a slot and I think that item needs more than what it has to be in Malfurion's inventory, also I like searching for every item, including the legendary ones.

I agree here. There are only two druid units, which is imo kinda too little in an expanded tech tree. I personally think that a Restoration Druid would fit much better than a Furbolg Shaman, especially cause there's already Barkskin, a Restoration Druid signature ability. And would be cool if he had some AoE nature healing spell and Treant Form. Imo Lightning Shield and Healing Wave don't really fit the Night Elf tech tree. And there's even a cool organization name from WoW for Restoration Druids, Druid of the Branch, just like Druid of the Claw represent Guardian Druids in WoW. Furbolg Shamans would instead imo be much better as mercenaries.

If you think the Furbolgs need to be changed or add another druid, then in the Highborne storyline would have to changed too, which I think means more time for the campaign to delevop.

I agree about the Shout, however I also think Jarod has really good tanking abilities, especially the first one.

The healing strike may be good but Malfurion has the healing ability, which I think Jarod could have another ability and I was thinking the Juggenaut's ability, the ulti (the one from DOTA), which is the one that allows him to slash an enemy or enemies a certain amount of times.

Satyrs are important to the story and have bases more often than not, and are even quest objectives sometimes. That's why they needed heroes and I'm fairly certain we'll be seeing them in the Sentinel storyline as well, maybe some custom Satyr unit, who knows. Dark Trolls, Murlocs and Spiders are just creeps with no bases next to no importance and do not need heroes in any way. As for the Furbolgs idk, while they do have story importance and even bases sometimes, their bases are kinda primitive, and their role is far lesser than those of the Satyrs, so I don't know what to think. It would be cool to see Furbolg hero in some chapters like chapter 3 and 9, but maybe not idk.

I agree, creeps might not need heroes but a Furbolg hero does since they're allies of the Night Elves, also it should Satyr heroes, more Fel Orc heroes and more Legion units's heroes like the doomguard, voidwalker and others.

Level 2
Turnro, I like your campaigns very much. I have played your every campaigns. I have also played malfurion's quest 1.4b. But due to some problems i cannot access my newer version of warcraft 3. Therefore, please make a different version of this campaign, so that I can run it on my 1.27b version of TFT. Please kindly reply my post and think about it if you can do this.
If there is some fault in my English, so excuse me. Because it is not my native language.

Level 1
Can you give us the name of music soundtracks
Or put the names in quests panel
Thanks. i liked the map since its release
But i want to ask does the lvl 10 saytr hero on the west side of the map drops anything
Since defeating him while ur on the sage storyline is almost not possible on hard
Also . Why cant kethranes target himself with his restorative shell ability . Seems off
On patch 1.4 only consuming the fountain was the availiable option .i need answers

Level 30
Can you give us the name of music soundtracks
Or put the names in quests panel

Some of the names have been included in the Credits List on the main forum page, along with the night elven-themed songs used from WOW in a supplied YouTube video. I plan to do another video for the boss fight music used, but only once v2.0 has been released.

But i want to ask does the lvl 10 saytr hero on the west side of the map drops anything
Since defeating him while ur on the sage storyline is almost not possible on hard

Which mission is this, as there are quite a few maps with Satyr heroes?

Why cant kethranes target himself with his restorative shell ability . Seems off

This was the case in an earlier beta version. However, it also made Kath'ranis a broken hero so the ability to target himself was removed.

On patch 1.4 only consuming the fountain was the availiable option

This is deliberate, as the final version will contain two separate story paths to choose from. The other one was originally available in an earlier beta version, but has been temporarily removed for now as it is not yet finished. It will be back with the release of v2.0.

Level 8
You need 1.31, doesn't work on 1.29, doesn't work on 1.32, not sure about 1.30, but I'm sure it works on 1.31
So i can no longer play malf quest if i update my wc3 1.29 it will become directly reforge there is no more original wc3 even if install every wc3 launcher plus i don't play 1.31 its laggy except 1.30 because i have that in my old pc but i can't open it because its already broken i was hoping some wc3 members have 1.30

Level 4
Hello. How is the campaign progress going? When it will be released? Will be played by a one man or woman who will make the test of it? Or when it will be released anybody can use it?

Level 3
What was the bug? Did the bug crash or lag?

Either way, there were a series of bugs that came out with v1.30 and v1.31 rather than the campaign.
Just crashes specially chapter 6 cutscene suddenly crash on max settings. Then again i hope on sentinel chapter are not experience the same as highborne does. (Idk when they will give the 1.32 version of classic or we just forsake the 1.31 patch until the classic W3 died out.) And on mission when to kill cenarius. (I think it lags even your using on low settings i can it fix or i just another 1.31 patch thing.)

Level 3
Greetings, Turnro!

Any news on the development of the chapters? Perhaps an approximate date of the campaign release? It's been more than 2 months since your last update.

Anyways, hope to hear from you soon, and hope you wrap up this marvelous campaign soon :)

Level 30
Greetings, Turnro!

Any news on the development of the chapters? Perhaps an approximate date of the campaign release? It's been more than 2 months since your last update.

Anyways, hope to hear from you soon, and hope you wrap up this marvelous campaign soon :)

Hi, development is still progressing. I don't have anything significant to reveal at this stage, but I may do so in the coming months.

If you want to know how my progress is going at any time, there is a maps list on the forum that I update when I get the chance. This will let you know at any time which maps have been worked on and which missions are under development.

Level 30
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd give a couple of sneak peaks into what's been going on with the development of Malfurion's Quest.

As some of you are aware, some of the existing maps are being reworked, which includes the addition of story changes. There are also more interludes being developed to further showcase this new story.

full

In other news, I was contemplating changing Malfurion's Thorns Aura ability a while back: [Campaign] - Malfurion's Quest. Long story short, I decided to not change it due to not being able to come up with an aura that was fitting, unique and served a purpose from a gameplay perspective. Instead, Thorns Aura will be slightly tweaked to also provide a 1/2/3 armor bonus per level.

Finally, I have decided to rename the branching story paths in Malfurion's Quest (formerly Sentinel and Highborne) to Good and Evil. The reason being is because I feel this is more appropriate wording when describing the different story paths. Sentinel and Highborne more outline that you will play as a different night elf faction, whereas the main difference between the two branching paths is actually the story.

That's all I have for now, but stay tuned for more news down the line :)

Level 13
Finally, I have decided to rename the branching story paths in Malfurion's Quest (formerly Sentinel and Highborne) to Good and Evil. The reason being is because I feel this is more appropriate wording when describing the different story paths. Sentinel and Highborne more outline that you will play as a different night elf faction, whereas the main difference between the two branching paths is actually the story.
That's great. Spot on.
In other news, I was contemplating changing Malfurion's Thorns Aura ability a while back: [Campaign] - Malfurion's Quest. Long story short, I decided to not change it due to not being able to come up with an aura that was fitting, unique and served a purpose from a gameplay perspective. Instead, Thorns Aura will be slightly tweaked to also provide a 1/2/3 armor bonus per level.
That's a pitty. I really liked the second spell, imo the combination of first, armor bonus and second healing bonus, would be ideal. Does this mean, it'll be Thorns Aura that's basically Devotion Aura? Iirc damage reflection overlaps with Furbolg's autocast Barkskin.

And Thorns Aura reflects damage. What about an aura that turns damage into healing instead?

Last edited:
Level 3
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd give a couple of sneak peaks into what's been going on with the development of Malfurion's Quest.

As some of you are aware, some of the existing maps are being reworked, which includes the addition of story changes. There are also more interludes being developed to further showcase this new story.

full

I would suggest a health regen aura than a armor bonus the same as devotion aura does. But i dont know if would fit as a ability to just heal a little like a with your units without fountain or healing (except the 1st ability) or mana in general. Although maybe magical resistance might be better than armor bonus. Just a suggestion btw. (Im bad at this kinds of things.) :)

Level 10
Is the sentinel campaign available in the version available?
It's not available in the current version uploaded on Hive. If you wanna get access to the last version of Sentinel campaign that was available on hive prior to it being removed, you'll have to ask someone who still has it stored on his computer. Or, you could ask Turnro directly to help you with that. It was available up to chapter 5 or 6, I think, Cave of The Shadows or smth like tht.
However, I suggest that you wait until Turnro releases the full Sentinel campaign which might take close to a year or two starting from now, based on my estimations. So, please be patient and let him take his time working on it.

Level 4
It's not available in the current version uploaded on Hive. If you wanna get access to the last version of Sentinel campaign that was available on hive prior to it being removed, you'll have to ask someone who still has it stored on his computer. Or, you could ask Turnro directly to help you with that. It was available up to chapter 5 or 6, I think, Cave of The Shadows or smth like tht.
However, I suggest that you wait until Turnro releases the full Sentinel campaign which might take close to a year or two starting from now, based on my estimations. So, please be patient and let him take his time working on it.

Not rushing him. I was just curious. I was already planning on waiting for the sentinel to be released before I play the campaign anyway

Level 3

full

Hey, Turnro, it´s been a while, I saw you're progresing well, no rush for the complete campaign, I just wanted to tell you an idea you could consider about Malfurion´s Thorns Aura, instead of armor, why not heal points, the same amount of points as the Affinity Aura, you might think he already has a healing ability that is his first one, but the Death Knight has an aura that heal friendly units, also his first ability heals (I know only dead units) and damage, so it wouldn't be so diferent, his three primary abilities (dont remember the names) healing wave, the treants, nature's blast, with another in the middle that is the aura. As for the ultimate one, Tranquility could be replaced with the "Ancient Transformation" you wanted to add for Malfurion, because I think Cenarius has Tranquility, right? Then it's in you whether keep the same abilities or change them in the transformation. Also, if you can, try to change the stats of the Cenarius' horn item because it's not convincing to me and occupy a slot of the inventory, make it more like an artifact, a well one that deserves to be in the inventory, if you understand what I mean?

Those are the ideas I had, hope they are useful to you.

Good Luck!!!

Level 12
Thank you so much for your help! but this is my last question i guess huhu. sorry if im bothering you! but thank you again.

i used the cd keys and finally I can now play it but I cant see the "CAMPAIGN FOLDER" anywhere, even i tried to find it in my local disc. it's not included in the zip ever since i downloaded it. i cant use my downloaded maps without that folder:(
You must go to The Document of your PC and then you will see a folder by the name of Warcraft III , open it and you will see the Campaign and maps folder and do not change the location of the folders in the document, I think the location of these folders changed after patch 1.28.

Level 2
actually when i download it, it's in a winrar? or zip? and when i checked the documents and the programs files, it's empty huhu anyways thank you so mcuh for your helpppp

Level 12
If you've opened the game and still there is no warcraft III folder in your PC Document then you must create the folders yourself so:

1st - after that you've unzipped the fill put it in program filles (x86) or program files (x64) folder.

2nd - now open the warcraft III folder and then open one of the folders by name of x86 or x86_64 and then open warcraft III game with the orc icon.

3rd - now go to the Document and now if you don't see the Warcraft III folder in there you must create it yourself and then add the folder s by the name of Campaigns , maps , replay , screenshots and all the other folders you need in that folder but remember that you must create the Warcraft III folder in the Document.

4th - and if these instructions don't work then I don't know what to do.

Level 2
hey
If you've opened the game and still there is no warcraft III folder in your PC Document then you must create the folders yourself so:

1st - after that you've unzipped the fill put it in program filles (x86) or program files (x64) folder.

2nd - now open the warcraft III folder and then open one of the folders by name of x86 or x86_64 and then open warcraft III game with the orc icon.

3rd - now go to the Document and now if you don't see the Warcraft III folder in there you must create it yourself and then add the folder s by the name of Campaigns , maps , replay , screenshots and all the other folders you need in that folder but remember that you must create the Warcraft III folder in the Document.

4th - and if these instructions don't work then I don't know what to do.

hey u know what? i cried omg thank you so much for your help! i really appreciate it! omg it wworked finally. Im so stressed these past few weeks because of this and now finally i can play. thank you so much and sorry for disturbing you!!! always keep safe

Level 12
hey

hey u know what? i cried omg thank you so much for your help! i really appreciate it! omg it wworked finally. Im so stressed these past few weeks because of this and now finally i can play. thank you so much and sorry for disturbing you!!! always keep safe
That's good news I guess and your welcome.

Level 30
Hey guys! Just another slight update on what I have been working on :)

In addition to Malfurion's Thorns Aura change, the Furbolg Shaman will be receiving an overhaul to its spells. Since early beta, the Furbolg Shaman has had the following issues with its current spells:
  • Many of its spells (Barkskin, Lightning Shield) were not seen as useful to players, thus making it a unit that was not picked much
  • The one good spell it did have (Healing Wave) was extremely overpowered as it allowed the player to instantly heal up their army to full health with minimal effort
The below iteration of spells aims to resolve both problems, making the Furbolg Shaman a more useful unit while also being balanced.

full
Purge
An existing in-game spell that provides the Furbolg Shaman with more utility.
full
Barkskin
A similar spell to what it currently does (provides +3 armor of a single friendly unit), but now it also provides a secondary affect of 33% damage resistance against magic attacks and spells.
full
Healing Totem
Summons an immobile totem that heals all friendly units within range for a set period of time.

Level 13
Hey guys! Just another slight update on what I have been working on :)

In addition to Malfurion's Thorns Aura change, the Furbolg Shaman will be receiving an overhaul to its spells. Since early beta, the Furbolg Shaman has had the following issues with its current spells:
  • Many of its spells (Barkskin, Lightning Shield) were not seen as useful to players, thus making it a unit that was not picked much
  • The one good spell it did have (Healing Wave) was extremely overpowered as it allowed the player to instantly heal up their army to full health with minimal effort
The below iteration of spells aims to resolve both problems, making the Furbolg Shaman a more useful unit while also being balanced.

full
Purge
An existing in-game spell that provides the Furbolg Shaman with more utility.
full
Barkskin
A similar spell to what it currently does (provides +3 armor of a single friendly unit), but now it also provides a secondary affect of 33% damage resistance against magic attacks and spells.
full
Healing Totem
Summons an immobile totem that heals all friendly units within range for a set period of time.
Well, now Purge overlaps with Dryad's Abolish Magic. :D
And tbh, imo when playing Night Elves it's far more important to use Dryads than a Custom Unit. Especially in this Campaign, cause in the Good part you play as a Dryad hero.
And tbh, imo there are too many units in the Sentinel tech tree, all melee Night Elves + Sentry + the Watchers, too many imo. Maybe removing the Furbolg Shaman might be the best option after all. :peasant-thinking:

Level 3
Hi turnro,since warcraft3 1.31 has some bugs, do you have plan release a version compatible with war3 1.30.4? Because 1.30.4 mostly the latest stable version before the reforged, and it was also the version that many people using.

Last edited:
Level 30
Hi turnro,since warcraft3 1.31 has some bugs, do you have plan release a version compatible with war3 1.30.4? Because 1.30.4 mostly the latest stable version before the reforged, and it was also the version that many people using.

Hi, I doubt I will make a version of Malfurion's Quest specifically for v1.30.4. Creating different file versions of the same campaign is quite time consuming and difficult to manage (due to bugs and testing), thus I will probably opt for a single campaign file release.

Level 4
It doesn't work for me, I just put the campaign there and it doesn't show up on custom campaigns, I have verios 1.30