Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Turnro, Mar 12, 2014.

1. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    One thing I learned from the Warcraft lore is that most races judge others by the appearence.

Let´s analyze the alliance: humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes and draenei; all asthetically ''beautiful'' races. The horde on other hand are more like a federation of the 'rejected' races (orcs, trolls, tauren, undeads, blood elves). The alliance sees in general orcs and trolls as as bloodthirsty savages, undeads as abominations (even if they didn´t choose to become undeads) and goblins as self-serving backstabbers.

The Night Elves would prefer to ally with the humans than with the orcs because of their culture. Orcs are capable of great nobility, but their culture is in many aspects warrior-like, which clashes with the Night Elves' peaceful and nature-loving mindset. Human culture, in many aspects, resemble a lot more of the Night Elves, even if they use magic. The magic of the Alliance is based on the Light, an universally-considered benevolent religion, so I guess the elves wouldn´t be bothered.

The matter of the high elves is intriguing, yes. What do the Night Elves think of the fact that the humans are allied with the descendants of the highbourne, the same race that allowed the Burning Legion to reach Azeroth?

2. Sylvie

Sylvie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, in "Fear of the Prophecy" (Sentinel's storyline) Tyrande explains why the Nelfs attacked the Humans and the Orcs: to prevent the Legion's return (and they failled).
    That could explain why they attacked the Taurens aswell, you know, something like a "they might get corrupted, let's kill them now" kinda of thing.

As for the Humans & Nelfs joining forces, it might not be a fully 'diplomatic' thing, but more like a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", it's not like they would keep friends after the Orc's defeat.

3. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with you that it should have been made like that. Humans and Night Elves may have allied under the banner of a new human leader who may have a peaceful relationship with the Night Elves. But aren't you guys forgetting something? Not many of humans and orcs remained since they have been killed in the Ressurection of the Scourge campaign. So I don't think humans would be much of a help for Night Elves...

4. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Scourge only attacked three orc towns, which were close to the coast, and on Lordaeron they disembarked near to Dalaran, and destroyed a couple of towns. I highly doubt that Garithos called the ENTIRE Alliance army to attack the undeads.

5. Xarkno

Xarkno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Saludos y unas preguntas... Esta campaña se ve muy buena, para cuando estará terminada. Se puede jugar las misiones que están ya listas? Gracias.

6. Darkness.Sansoyat

Darkness.Sansoyat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Saludos amigo :)

Saludos amigo, como estas?. si te gusto campaña (y eso que esta aun esta sin terminar te invito a jugar las otras campañas de Turno, hasta la fecha te puedo decir que esta campaña lleva haciendose desde aprox 2 años, eso es por que el Editor Turno tiene tambien vida propia xD, para cuando estara terminada lo mas seguro sea para el año que viene digo yo, pero habra que esperar y darle tiempo al tiempo.

y claro por supuesto que puedes jugar las misiones que estan listas si tienes algun problema no olvides comentarlo en el foro. si tienes el bug del parche 1.27a ( que es un preparche) que cuando descargas mapas te salen en como "otra campaña de warcraft 3" eso por que el mismo parche. ni yo mismo puedo jugar las otras campañas por esta razon te invito a comentar en el foro acerca del problema para hacerle saber a Turno. GRaciAs por leer si tienes otra pregunta hazlo saber.

7. Mr.Tic

Mr.Tic

Resources:
    Resources:
    One is in a crate, don't know how to describe the exact location.. Look with the mouse cursor on the edges of every room, it is in a corner, you can't see it unless you rotate camera (or spot it with the mouse). And hit all levers until you open the door to the other key.

8. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not WHOLE army, but most of the Alliance forces were destroyed after the Apocalipse spell was triggered by Garithos. That's why humans won't be as helpful as when their army was so large like in the undead campaign.

9. Sylvie

Sylvie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Humans of Lordaeron won't be helpful...

Anyway, loving this campaing so far, Tunro :smile:

10. Mr.Tic

Mr.Tic

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think Tyrande was really stupid to have started a world domination war; what if she just sent messengers to human and orc leaders, and made a meeting to warn them of what could happen, so they could root out demon-magic practicioners themselves? At least would be worth a try, but no, let's kill everything not a night elf lol..
    Very full of herself to think night elves are so supperior, they could erradicate every other race at once x_x

11. YetAnotherYoutuber

YetAnotherYoutuber

Video Producer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just as WoW proved, even leaders cant be trusted
    ...the alterac king which later disappeared = dwing, then the Varian´s advisor - Onyxia
    so to this point i see what elves had in mind.

12. MrStormyZ

MrStormyZ

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The Video Review I promised is complete
    took me awhile

hoping to do more soon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQRpk7pGaKQ&feature=youtu.be

13. Turnro

Turnro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey guys! The interlude "Realm of the Demigod" is now complete! I have also altered the scene is be less white.

[​IMG]

The next map I'll be working on in Malfurion's Quest will be Chapter 6 of the Sentinel storyline title "Cave of Shadows". I am also in the process of polishing Jeopardy for the Horde, which will bring this old campaign some much needed updates.

14. Mr.Tic

Mr.Tic

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quick question:
    Thought about the sentinel basic melee unit's self heal ability, do you think it would be better to make it trigger automaticaly when the unit is at a certain amount of HP, rather than needing to use it manualy? It's just me not being good at micro, so I just throwing out this idea here :D
    Update looking good btw *-* want...neeed..mooarrr o_o!

15. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I kinda agree with Mr. Tic here, when you have a lot of troops then battle, it's quite hard to manually activate their spells, you have to select your units which limits only to 12 slots

16. KJmaster208

KJmaster208

Resources:
    Resources:
    King of Andor and unexperience beta tester

When i play your campagin Twice.i was thinking the cave of shadow.(Warning this will be a redicolous and cannot be reconsider until Turno decide to consider it or not).Do u remember the annihilation of Lordareon? Well i was thinking some of the human survivors take refuge in the cave of shadow and humans were bearly keep the Creeps in check(and the leaders of the human survivors are friends of Rowin)and they were Leaders and only half of the humans survive but near of annihilation.(again this will be redicolous and i try)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  17. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can control units group that will be much easier :)

What is that language doing here?

18. Heimgri123

Heimgri123

Resources:
    Resources:
    true paladins and priests uses the light but mages such as Jaina, keal'thas, Rhonin, the mysyic blood elf who teamed with ROWAN (can't remember his name), Antoniadas and ALL members of the kirin tor uses ARCANE MAGIC and not the light, and in the lore taurens and trolls uses the light as well so in a way the excuse that the allaince uses the light is out of the window since the horde does so as well and the horde kicked out all warlock (and most likely mages) out of the horde. (the horde and allaince first accepted them in the events of wow which takes place after this and even then none of the two sides likes them and the night elves agreed to)

as for the race part remember that in this story the blood elfs STAYED with the allaince, and the night elves have more in commen with the tauren because both learned about the way of the druids by cenaries and can enter the emerald dream, they both love nature and furbolds, they are both peaceful and is quite the warriors when needed. and do i have to name the orc broxigar? he was one of the reasons the night elves won the war of the ancients, and the taurens helped to (in the altered time line). the orcs and trolls might be savage but unlike the dwarves and gnomes they still care alot about the nature and elements since orcs has shamans, and trolls has shamans and druids, and after mannaroths death the majority of orcs were cures from the blood curse. and remeber in turnros story the orcs aren't allied with the undead, and deathwing hasn't blown up the goblings island so none of those two are a pat of the horde (race wise) and the numbers of horde magic user are LOOOOOOOOOOW if they even have any (outcast such as warlock/demon worshippers/traitors/renegades/bandits/ect. does not count).

as for the whole ''beautiful'' and 'rejected' thing, why does the night elves then work with the furbolds when they are beast creatures like the taurens with similar lifestyles (exept the nomad part) and in turnros story malfurion and tyrande (if you chose) ally themselves with the mukari (the lobster people)

and remember the night elves goddes Elune is a WAR goddes which in my openion sounds a bit like the orcs, and one of the loas the trolls worship is elune (well for the dark trolls at least) and many of the other loas are the wild gods/demigods that furbolds and night elves druids worship, and in WC3 the orcs says that the night elves are savage to, so they are similar in that sense sense it is stated (i got this bit from nobbel87) that the night elves are warrior-like to while the high/blood elves are arcane/mage-like. and taurens as well as most darkspear trolls and orcs (for the most parts) nature-based while humans, dwaves, gnomes high/blood elves are city-based, looking at allaince cities and then back to horde and night elves i would say horde comes closer. and theres also the fact that the humans at one point after learning arcane magic by the high elves again almost caugth the attention of the burning legion.

and in WC3 the night elves ally with the dark troll clan "the Shadowtooth clan" and remember dark trolls are said to be the most savage, biggest, strongest and brutal of troll kind (plus they are cannibals), and the night elves allowed them to be so close to them and allied with them, and i think it's safe to say that the dark trolls are more savage then the darkspear (and maybe most orcs is you consider it) who are the smallest, weakest, calm and most intelligent of troll kind and the orcs taugth them the cannibalisem is bad (i don't know if zandalari is clevere then the darkspear or not).

i know that in WC3 grom killed Cenarius, but to be fair he attacket first without questions instead of telling the orcs and troll so they just made self-defence and the night elves was to blame for the orcs drinking mannaroths blood by almost wiping out groms camps and clan and made them desperate to survive, so he kind of had i coming and has to blame himself, he and the night elves could have told the orcs that the forrests was sacred and that the orcs cities should be build in another area, then maybe grom wouldn't have to to drink the blood and kill cenarious and become a slave ones more along with his clan.

sorry for the long post :,) i hope i don't annoy you guys

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  19. Yuefang

Yuefang

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess is here because someone asked something in Spanish and he answered with the language used :p

20. KJmaster208

KJmaster208

Resources:
    Resources:
    True but in malfurion quest Turno must decide to consider it or not. And Must be clarify the one orc enter the night elves realm.[/QUOTE]