• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 31
hi, turnno,I have play your all former three campaigns, and I try to enjoy your new one.but,when when I play the chapter 5,war at mount something, a damn bug make me upset .When malfurion get to the second energy cycles,at that moment the interlude animation is coming,the game shut down.I don’t know what is to blame. I have played it for several times with patch 1.31 also with different way trying to get over it,but I failed.I can’t get through the bug and play the following games.so please help me or fix the bug .orz.

I have had others comment on encountering this bug before. The only issue is I've never come across it in any of my playthrough's, so it is difficult to determine if it is a problem with the campaign or the game itself.

Some answers to these questions might help me debug it:
- What version of v1.31 do you have?
- When you mention the second energy circle, which one are you referring to?
- How duration of time were you playing the map for?
- What order of quests do you do to get up to the second energy circle?
- Do you still encounter the issue if you speed through the map using cheats?

Level 1
I have had others comment on encountering this bug before. The only issue is I've never come across it in any of my playthrough's, so it is difficult to determine if it is a problem with the campaign or the game itself.

Some answers to these questions might help me debug it:
  • What version of v1.31 do you have?
  • When you mention the second energy circle, which one are you referring to?
  • How duration of time were you playing the map for?
  • What order of quests do you do to get up to the second energy circle?
  • Do you still encounter the issue if you speed through the map using cheats?
I make it! I finally finish the chapter! The difference between this time and before is that I find the all two energy circles first, it mean I haven't finish the quest "Secrets of the Guardians". During my previous several times gameplay in this chapter , I will finish "Secrets of the Guardians" before I get the second energy circle, I think the order of the quests to do is the reason of the crash.
In addition, the whole gameplay lasts for 40 mins before I arrived at the second energy circle.
And, I have had the each energy circle as the second one in two different games,and they all crash down, so I think there is nothing to do with the which circle is the second one.
The version is 1.31.1.12164 X86_64.
Thanks for your help ,turnro!

Level 4
Any progress? Some photos? Something... Will be this the final campaign in the series or it will be another 2..3...4...maybe 5...?

Level 11
I've been playing the Highborne version of the game and I've been thinking about a plot twist that will happen in a Sentinel storyline, so I came to some possible alternative storyline:
--> How about making Illidan consume the energy of the wells and making him evil instead of Malfurion? Together with his Highborne forces, he could prove to be an excellent distraction of the Burning Legion onslaught upon the Night Elf forces beyond the Mouth Hyjal, which would make a good compensation of the precious time Malfurion lost by saving Cenarius, but he will be extremely hostile towards Malfurion. We've seen him using the same fire ability Malfurion is using in the Bad story, so my only guess is Illidan will become just as vile and ruthless as Malfurion was in a Bad storyline.
Now, I won't say exactly from point to point everything in maximum details, just the major plot that I see that may be used as part of the Good storyline. So maybe capturing Illidan instead of killing him and cleansing the foul Corrupted magic he consumed could be a better decision than just straight-forward killing him, which is not what the Night Elves usually do.
--> After saving Cenarius, the demigod decides to leave the group and go help the Cenarian Circle forces, promising to unite his forces with them at the World Tree once his work is done (since having Cenarius joining Malfurion's company would've been too OP).
--> While returning to the World Tree, Malfurion's company will come across many dead Night Elf units and burning/decimated houses of the Night Elf villages, facing many demons on their path. When they finally arrive at the World Tree, they find some dead Night Elf Assassins (or some other Night Elf unit of choice, whatsoever) who would inform them that the base of Night Elves (originally Shalis's base in the Evil story), just in front of Medivh's forces base, is under heavy siege by the Burning Legion (maybe adding a timer to go and defend the base as a main quest?). After defending the base, Medivh will thank them and inform Malfurion the Dragonflights haven't awaken due to Ysera being corrupted by an unknown threat (we all know the threat is actually Eredon's involvement in Ysera's conscience) and therefore hasn't awaken to aid them.
--> Medivh will then send Malfurion to the Emerald Dream in order to deal with Eredon and his illusions (The Eternal Nightmare chapter, I suppose), proposing him to return as soon as possible to defend against the Legion, while Medivh's and Sentinels' (and Cenarian Circle's forces, perhaps) forces will remain to defend the base of the incoming demons. After having a tough battle against Eredon, Malfurion returns back into the original world only to witness the destruction around him. There, he gets informed someone is being captured by the Legion commander (maybe Kazzak or just some random Eredar/Doom hero?). The quest could be to save the captured comrade (held for interogation, maybe) and continue with the quest.
--> If they haven't made peace in one of the previous chapters/interludes, the "Final Conflicts" chapter could be about dealing with both Illidan/Kath'Ranis's forces and some demon forces (maybe with Mother Shahraz/Jaraxxus, like I previously thought about when I suggested making a bossfight "couple against couple", since the dreadlords and Magtheridon will betray the Legion and will not be taken as characters fit for a bossfight), which are spotted establishing a base not far away from the Nordrassil. There could be any character chosen as a bossfight, though, so there would be much space for available combinations.
--> The "Defense of Nordrassil" is the chapter that may look similar to the very first cinematic we've all seen when starting the campaign - Kil'jaeden's full cap of forces advancing to Nordrassil, bent on slaughtering the Night Elves to the very last remaining defender alive and consuming the energies of the World Tree. And the outcome could've been the same had the united forces of Medivh, Furbolgs, Dragon Aspects, Cenarian Circle, the Makrura's faction (the faction the player made the alliance with in one of the past chapters) and the Sentinels not been able to drive the Legion's forces off the World Tree.
Since the main difference of the Good and the Bad storylines is uniting/destroying the forces of Ashenvale, uniting all the factions that could prove to be valuable in a battle against the Legion that Malfurion could come up to is the main goal of the campaign, not slaughtering them. I'd also like to add my opinion on having the possible allegiance with the Makrura faction (and there was one more faction that I forgot about) should be changed from player's choice to an actual quest.
Bearing that in mind, I am sure the battle against the Legion would be very tough, but the united forces will be sufficient to push the Legion back. But the evil doesn't die just so easy. Kil'jaeden's onslaught forces could be used as a distraction, so that Kil'jaeden would be able to slip past the united forces of Ashenvale in order to reach the World Tree.
--> That leads us to the very last chapter "Light and Darkness", which includes our heroes moving inside the World Tree in order to confront Kil'jaeden. Now, I'm not sure which characters could've been used for a bossfight beside Kil'jaeden, since there are many characters that could've lived/died in the previous chapters. But I'm guessing we'll be seeing Queen Azshara again, that's for certain.

And that's some of my general ideas about the campaign. The rest of the ideas I leave for you guys. Generally, there are so many possibilities that could be done. The question is which one would be the most adequate that will cover all the mentioned characters of the lore. Only time will tell I guess :)

Level 13
I've been playing the Highborne version of the game and I've been thinking about a plot twist that will happen in a Sentinel storyline, so I came to some possible alternative storyline:
--> How about making Illidan consume the energy of the wells and making him evil instead of Malfurion? Together with his Highborne forces, he could prove to be an excellent distraction of the Burning Legion onslaught upon the Night Elf forces beyond the Mouth Hyjal, which would make a good compensation of the precious time Malfurion lost by saving Cenarius, but he will be extremely hostile towards Malfurion. We've seen him using the same fire ability Malfurion is using in the Bad story, so my only guess is Illidan will become just as vile and ruthless as Malfurion was in a Bad storyline.
Now, I won't say exactly from point to point everything in maximum details, just the major plot that I see that may be used as part of the Good storyline. So maybe capturing Illidan instead of killing him and cleansing the foul Corrupted magic he consumed could be a better decision than just straight-forward killing him, which is not what the Night Elves usually do.
--> After saving Cenarius, the demigod decides to leave the group and go help the Cenarian Circle forces, promising to unite his forces with them at the World Tree once his work is done (since having Cenarius joining Malfurion's company would've been too OP).
--> While returning to the World Tree, Malfurion's company will come across many dead Night Elf units and burning/decimated houses of the Night Elf villages, facing many demons on their path. When they finally arrive at the World Tree, they find some dead Night Elf Assassins (or some other Night Elf unit of choice, whatsoever) who would inform them that the base of Night Elves (originally Shalis's base in the Evil story), just in front of Medivh's forces base, is under heavy siege by the Burning Legion (maybe adding a timer to go and defend the base as a main quest?). After defending the base, Medivh will thank them and inform Malfurion the Dragonflights haven't awaken due to Ysera being corrupted by an unknown threat (we all know the threat is actually Eredon's involvement in Ysera's conscience) and therefore hasn't awaken to aid them.
--> Medivh will then send Malfurion to the Emerald Dream in order to deal with Eredon and his illusions (The Eternal Nightmare chapter, I suppose), proposing him to return as soon as possible to defend against the Legion, while Medivh's and Sentinels' (and Cenarian Circle's forces, perhaps) forces will remain to defend the base of the incoming demons. After having a tough battle against Eredon, Malfurion returns back into the original world only to witness the destruction around him. There, he gets informed someone is being captured by the Legion commander (maybe Kazzak or just some random Eredar/Doom hero?). The quest could be to save the captured comrade (held for interogation, maybe) and continue with the quest.
--> If they haven't made peace in one of the previous chapters/interludes, the "Final Conflicts" chapter could be about dealing with both Illidan/Kath'Ranis's forces and some demon forces (maybe with Mother Shahraz/Jaraxxus, like I previously thought about when I suggested making a bossfight "couple against couple", since the dreadlords and Magtheridon will betray the Legion and will not be taken as characters fit for a bossfight), which are spotted establishing a base not far away from the Nordrassil. There could be any character chosen as a bossfight, though, so there would be much space for available combinations.
--> The "Defense of Nordrassil" is the chapter that may look similar to the very first cinematic we've all seen when starting the campaign - Kil'jaeden's full cap of forces advancing to Nordrassil, bent on slaughtering the Night Elves to the very last remaining defender alive and consuming the energies of the World Tree. And the outcome could've been the same had the united forces of Medivh, Furbolgs, Dragon Aspects, Cenarian Circle, the Makrura's faction (the faction the player made the alliance with in one of the past chapters) and the Sentinels not been able to drive the Legion's forces off the World Tree.
Since the main difference of the Good and the Bad storylines is uniting/destroying the forces of Ashenvale, uniting all the factions that could prove to be valuable in a battle against the Legion that Malfurion could come up to is the main goal of the campaign, not slaughtering them. I'd also like to add my opinion on having the possible allegiance with the Makrura faction (and there was one more faction that I forgot about) should be changed from player's choice to an actual quest.
Bearing that in mind, I am sure the battle against the Legion would be very tough, but the united forces will be sufficient to push the Legion back. But the evil doesn't die just so easy. Kil'jaeden's onslaught forces could be used as a distraction, so that Kil'jaeden would be able to slip past the united forces of Ashenvale in order to reach the World Tree.
--> That leads us to the very last chapter "Light and Darkness", which includes our heroes moving inside the World Tree in order to confront Kil'jaeden. Now, I'm not sure which characters could've been used for a bossfight beside Kil'jaeden, since there are many characters that could've lived/died in the previous chapters. But I'm guessing we'll be seeing Queen Azshara again, that's for certain.

And that's some of my general ideas about the campaign. The rest of the ideas I leave for you guys. Generally, there are so many possibilities that could be done. The question is which one would be the most adequate that will cover all the mentioned characters of the lore. Only time will tell I guess :)
I remember Turnro saying way back, that in the Emerald Dream chapter, we won't be playing as Malfurion, and that it'll be all about Tyrande. To me, this means that malfurion is actually going to succumb to the Emerald Nightmare (like he has in WoW lore, many time lol), and we'll be playing as Tyrande to save him. My speculation is that Xavius might show up as well, and there'll be Tyrande saving Malfurion from Xavius, like in WoW Legion. I don't think Eredon is actually going to be a boss fight, he isn't really powerful and we fought him before, but who knows.

Level 5
I remember Turnro saying way back, that in the Emerald Dream chapter, we won't be playing as Malfurion, and that it'll be all about Tyrande. To me, this means that malfurion is actually going to succumb to the Emerald Nightmare (like he has in WoW lore, many time lol), and we'll be playing as Tyrande to save him. My speculation is that Xavius might show up as well, and there'll be Tyrande saving Malfurion from Xavius, like in WoW Legion. I don't think Eredon is actually going to be a boss fight, he isn't really powerful and we fought him before, but who knows.
It'd be surprising if Eredon wasn't a bossfight. If I remember correctly, when he was fighting Thrall and the others he wanted to be defeated, so he was deliberately holding back. He might actually be more powerful than he seems. Xavius hasn't been mentioned anywhere (on the character bio list/panel), so not sure if he will be in the campaign (although it's possible, as the satyrs have a strong presence in both storylines, and Azshara wasn't on the character bio, until after the highborn campaign came out so, could be there to avoid spoilers). It'll be interesting to see how the ritual that Cenarius and Medivh perform in the Highborne campaign, will play out in the Sentinel campaign. I don't remember seeing that comment about Tyrande, but if so, maybe she will be the one going into to the Eternal Nightmare, rather than Malfurion as I originally predicted.

Level 11
I apologize for my lack of knowledge regarding the WoW lore, but fighting Xavius sounds like a worthy bossfight. On the other hard, Eredon we fought was in Jeopardy of the Horde, where his goal was to get himself killed on purpose (we all know the story of the Orc campaign). By the way, it's the illusion of Eredon, not the original character that we killed with Thrall. I suppose that's the reason why he was so easy to kill back than.
Adding the fact that Ysera said she killed the "warlock who contained and corrupted her power" in Highborne story when we fought her with Malfurion, so we'll definitely be facing Eredon in the Emerald Dream. Now, the question is, how strong will he be? Since he is tasked with sabotaging and gathering info about the mortal forces, my guess is he'll be relying on illusions, just like his name says and like Ysera said to Malfurion ("his illusions did not save him") and will not be so tough in a face-to-face combat.
Maybe after Tyrande saves Malfurion from Xavius, the two could go and face Eredon. Sounds like a plan? 🤔

Level 11
It'd be surprising if Eredon wasn't a bossfight. If I remember correctly, when he was fighting Thrall and the others he wanted to be defeated, so he was deliberately holding back. He might actually be more powerful than he seems. Xavius hasn't been mentioned anywhere (on the character bio list/panel), so not sure if he will be in the campaign (although it's possible, as the satyrs have a strong presence in both storylines, and Azshara wasn't on the character bio, until after the highborn campaign came out so, could be there to avoid spoilers). It'll be interesting to see how the ritual that Cenarius and Medivh perform in the Highborne campaign, will play out in the Sentinel campaign. I don't remember seeing that comment about Tyrande, but if so, maybe she will be the one going into to the Eternal Nightmare, rather than Malfurion as I originally predicted.
Having certain characters' bio not included on the character list doesn't mean they won't show up in the campaign. There are many heroes who aren't included and have still shown themselves in a campaign; for example, Shalis Darkhunter, Gar'dal, Rend/Maim, Lord Banehollow, several Keepers of the Grow heroes, as well as some demon heroes. All those heroes are just used as a random helping/opposing heroes and have had a minor role of the campaign and are not so important.
P.S. sorry for a duplicate comment. I haven't seen you comment before, since I've been writing a comment right after you posted yours :D

Level 5
I apologize for my lack of knowledge regarding the WoW lore, but fighting Xavius sounds like a worthy bossfight. On the other hard, Eredon we fought was in Jeopardy of the Horde, where his goal was to get himself killed on purpose (we all know the story of the Orc campaign). By the way, it's the illusion of Eredon, not the original character that we killed with Thrall. I suppose that's the reason why he was so easy to kill back than.
Adding the fact that Ysera said she killed the "warlock who contained and corrupted her power" in Highborne story when we fought her with Malfurion, so we'll definitely be facing Eredon in the Emerald Dream. Now, the question is, how strong will he be? Since he is tasked with sabotaging and gathering info about the mortal forces, my guess is he'll be relying on illusions, just like his name says and like Ysera said to Malfurion ("his illusions did not save him") and will not be so tough in a face-to-face combat.
Maybe after Tyrande saves Malfurion from Xavius, the two could go and face Eredon. Sounds like a plan? 🤔
Either that, or they have a combined bossfight, or, if Eredon truly isn't that powerful, he'd have a role much like Gar'dal in Smolderas bossfight. I agree Xavius would be a worthy opponent, but I'm going to make a guess that this is the real Eredon, and not one of his 'copies', ergo he would be at his full power here. Ysera and Medivh still managed to kill him, and possibly Xavius as well, but that's a Dragon Aspect, and The Last Guardian, so they are incredibly powerful. All I'm saying is we shouldn't underestimate Eredon. I like your idea of saving Malfurion from Xavius, then Ysera from Eredon. One more interesting thing, is the chapter this will all take place in is called The Eternal Nightmare, rather than The Emerald Nightmare. I'm just wondering what that means? I guess we'll have to wait to find out!

Level 4
Having certain characters' bio not included on the character list doesn't mean they won't show up in the campaign. There are many heroes who aren't included and have still shown themselves in a campaign; for example, Shalis Darkhunter, Gar'dal, Rend/Maim, Lord Banehollow, several Keepers of the Grow heroes, as well as some demon heroes. All those heroes are just used as a random helping/opposing heroes and have had a minor role of the campaign and are not so important.
P.S. sorry for a duplicate comment. I haven't seen you comment before, since I've been writing a comment right after you posted yours :D
Nice ideas man :D but tbh the highborne path was the most epic one

Level 5
Ah good point fair enough. Yeah in that case it's definitely possible.

Haha yeah for some reason my comment took awhile to come on the website, something about the moderator or something.

Looks like it's working fine now

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Either that, or they have a combined bossfight, or, if Eredon truly isn't that powerful, he'd have a role much like Gar'dal in Smolderas bossfight. I agree Xavius would be a worthy opponent, but I'm going to make a guess that this is the real Eredon, and not one of his 'copies', ergo he would be at his full power here. Ysera and Medivh still managed to kill him, and possibly Xavius as well, but that's a Dragon Aspect, and The Last Guardian, so they are incredibly powerful. All I'm saying is we shouldn't underestimate Eredon. I like your idea of saving Malfurion from Xavius, then Ysera from Eredon. One more interesting thing, is the chapter this will all take place in is called The Eternal Nightmare, rather than The Emerald Nightmare. I'm just wondering what that means? I guess we'll have to wait to find out!
The Eternal Dream is referred to the Emerald Dream - the place that exists outside of boundries of the physical world (you can read more about it in the very first interlude of the game). In my opinion, the Eternal Nightmare is a phrase that describes both the state of Ysera's conscience and the state of the Emerald Dream that will be corrupted by Eredon's actions.
Nice ideas man :D but tbh the highborne path was the most epic one
Thank you! Yes, I liked the Highborne path, too. Very well done 👍

Level 16
I also have my own predictions regarding what will happen in Sentinel storyline:
-Queen Azshara and naga obviously won't sit idly. I think they will flank Legion along with Illidan, Kathranis, and highborne. However, they won't be truly allied to each other after Illidan discovers naga are Azshara's servants. Naga might manage to kill many Legion heroes and the same goes for highborne. I think Azshara might face Kil'jaeden near the world tree or en-route. She would manage to escape, but heavily weakened. Lorewise, Kil'jaden is stronger than Azshara so that applies.
-Many of Cenarion Circle's forces might be spent in War for Mount Hyjal when Velinde actually manages to retrieve horn. She can activate secret defenses of the horn when Jaraxxus arrives to kill her. Her personality changed much from previous iterations with more cunning at her disposal. The likelihood is low though.
-Dreadlords would defect from Legion but not before losing some of them when Kil'jeaden senses the betrayal. The few surviving ones would remain neutral or hiding. The loss of dreadlords would count as a blow.
-Exiled One might has a grudge against dreadlords; but maybe Kil'jaeden ordered them to imprison him? If that revelation turns out to be true, Exiled One might become a temporary ally for our main heroes.

Level 5
The Eternal Dream is referred to the Emerald Dream - the place that exists outside of boundries of the physical world (you can read more about it in the very first interlude of the game). In my opinion, the Eternal Nightmare is a phrase that describes both the state of Ysera's conscience and the state of the Emerald Dream that will be corrupted by Eredon's actions.

Thank you! Yes, I liked the Highborne path, too. Very well done 👍
Wow that's an interesting theory. I think Eredon is also responsible for weakening the world tree as when Medivh and Cenarius are setting up the ritual in one of the interludes (I could be remembering this wrong, so correct me if so), Medivh says this should prevent Malfurion and Kil'Jaeden from reaching the world tree, yet when they get there, there's nothing preventing them, so if that's the case, then Eredon must have something to do with that to.

Also if Tyrande is the one entering the dream what does this mean for Faradrella and Jarod. Will Faradrella also be taken and Jarod go with
Tyrande, or something like that. Speaking of Jarod, does anyone know what happened to him in the Highborne campaign. I suspect he was killed offscreen, similar to Alexstrasza, but is there any mention of him?

I also have my own predictions regarding what will happen in Sentinel storyline:
-Queen Azshara and naga obviously won't sit idly. I think they will flank Legion along with Illidan, Kathranis, and highborne. However, they won't be truly allied to each other after Illidan discovers naga are Azshara's servants. Naga might manage to kill many Legion heroes and the same goes for highborne. I think Azshara might face Kil'jaeden near the world tree or en-route. She would manage to escape, but heavily weakened. Lorewise, Kil'jaden is stronger than Azshara so that applies.
-Many of Cenarion Circle's forces might be spent in War for Mount Hyjal when Velinde actually manages to retrieve horn. She can activate secret defenses of the horn when Jaraxxus arrives to kill her. Her personality changed much from previous iterations with more cunning at her disposal. The likelihood is low though.
-Dreadlords would defect from Legion but not before losing some of them when Kil'jeaden senses the betrayal. The few surviving ones would remain neutral or hiding. The loss of dreadlords would count as a blow.
-Exiled One might has a grudge against dreadlords; but maybe Kil'jaeden ordered them to imprison him? If that revelation turns out to be true, Exiled One might become a temporary ally for our main heroes.
Yeah Azshara is a hard one to predict. She's kind of the wildcard in this whole story. The big question is will she still reveal herself to Illidan, or will she continue to let him believe he's in charge of the Naga. It would be especially interesting if Illidan ends of up consuming the fountains power (I personally find this unlikely, but now that the idea has been mentioned it would be interesting to see), what the dynamic with Azshara would be. But yeah I'm really not sure what's going to happen with the Highborne and the Naga.

Ahh yes The Exiled One. I forgot about him. From what little evidence we have it seems like he's going to ally with Varimathras and Balnazzar, as Balnazzar's bio was recently added to the panel, as it says he's involved in a plot with Varimathras, and Turnro shared a screenshot a little while back of Varimathras and Balnazzar with The Exiled One. They may try to assassinate Kil'Jaeden, but again we'll have to wait and see. After reading his bio and playing through the Highborne campaign, I suspected The Exile might be the one who created the corrupted fountains, and therefore corrupted Malfurion into getting revenge against the Legion, as Kil'Jaeden says when he meets Malfurion "an ancient, but familiar power has taken hold of you", or something like that. Now I'm not so sure, if he is indeed working with members of the Legion. What I'm most interested about The Exiled One is if he reveals his identity, will he be an original character, or a character from the established Warcraft lore?

Level 4
Wow that's an interesting theory. I think Eredon is also responsible for weakening the world tree as when Medivh and Cenarius are setting up the ritual in one of the interludes (I could be remembering this wrong, so correct me if so), Medivh says this should prevent Malfurion and Kil'Jaeden from reaching the world tree, yet when they get there, there's nothing preventing them, so if that's the case, then Eredon must have something to do with that to.

Also if Tyrande is the one entering the dream what does this mean for Faradrella and Jarod. Will Faradrella also be taken and Jarod go with
Tyrande, or something like that. Speaking of Jarod, does anyone know what happened to him in the Highborne campaign. I suspect he was killed offscreen, similar to Alexstrasza, but is there any mention of him?

Yeah Azshara is a hard one to predict. She's kind of the wildcard in this whole story. The big question is will she still reveal herself to Illidan, or will she continue to let him believe he's in charge of the Naga. It would be especially interesting if Illidan ends of up consuming the fountains power (I personally find this unlikely, but now that the idea has been mentioned it would be interesting to see), what the dynamic with Azshara would be. But yeah I'm really not sure what's going to happen with the Highborne and the Naga.

Ahh yes The Exiled One. I forgot about him. From what little evidence we have it seems like he's going to ally with Varimathras and Balnazzar, as Balnazzar's bio was recently added to the panel, as it says he's involved in a plot with Varimathras, and Turnro shared a screenshot a little while back of Varimathras and Balnazzar with The Exiled One. They may try to assassinate Kil'Jaeden, but again we'll have to wait and see. After reading his bio and playing through the Highborne campaign, I suspected The Exile might be the one who created the corrupted fountains, and therefore corrupted Malfurion into getting revenge against the Legion, as Kil'Jaeden says when he meets Malfurion "an ancient, but familiar power has taken hold of you", or something like that. Now I'm not so sure, if he is indeed working with members of the Legion. What I'm most interested about The Exiled One is if he reveals his identity, will he be an original character, or a character from the established Warcraft lore?
Illidan consumed some of the fountain's power, and he still had his mind good, I think that because Malfurion was fearing the legion so much he became overwhelmed by his inner voice

I have never played the good story campaign but, only highborne path but if the Exile one corrupted the fountains, doesn't mean he has more power than malfurion, illidan and kath'ranis? or can he control them?

Level 11
Queen Azshara might form a temporary alliance with Illidan, at least until they get rid of Malfurion. Illidan needs allies to bring down the Sentinel forces, so allying with the naga - the ancestors of the original Highborne sounds like about right thing to do, just like Magtheridon joined Malfurion in the Bad story. By the way, we all know how much of a bad blood is between the two brothers Stormrage, so I won't be surprised to see them fighting against each other again.
Hmmm, will Velinde make it to the horn this time? Despite having a changed personality, I'm not sure whether Turnro has changed anything regarding the cinematic where the Legion enters the portal near the Mouth Hyjal, including the event where Jaraxxus kills Velinde...
The dreadlords aren't as straight-forward regarding the betrayal of Kil'jaeden like Magtheridon was. They are more cunning and wouldn't make their real intentions clear until the right moment to strike. There may be a chance Varimathras would tell Balnazzar of Kil'jaeden's involvement of both Azgalor's and Tichondrius's deaths, which would only increase the dreadlords' hatred towards the leader of the Burning Legion.
Having Exiled One joining Malfurion doesn't really make much sense to me, because he is a demon after all and the Night Elven society would never approve of a demon of any sort. Even if he'd try to lend a hand to them, they would've been very judicious (with a great reason). My view on Exiled One is he may aid the dreadlords in overthrowing Kil'jaeden. He may even challenge Mephistroth and become a new leader of the Nathrezim. Some of them may even reach the World Tree and be one of the potential bosses. Who knows... Also, let's not forget about Zaelthrun the Harbinger. He also would have a good role of the Nathrezim affairs.
Jerod is just a minor hero of the campaign, a helping hand of player thoughout the campaign. He is just like Rok'han/Rexxar/Grom in Jeopardy of the Horde - he can be recruited to be your companion throughout the campaign, but it's not a "must do". Recruiting him was never a main quest of the Sentinel chapter, but rather an optional/secondary quest. He doesn't even say anything in cinematics, it's like he's not even there at all. And, yes, I think he was killed off-screen in a Highborne storyline, since we haven't seen him anywhere throughout the Bad side of a campaign.
Illidan consumed some of the fountain's power, and he still had his mind good, I think that because Malfurion was fearing the legion so much he became overwhelmed by his inner voice
Illidan never had an unknown inner voice telling him what to do like Malfurion did. Also, Illidan didn't consume the power of two and more wells, only maybe one well, which means it was not as much as Malfurion did. But, who knows what may happen? Maybe after consuming some more power of the corrupted fountain, Illidan would turn ville and destructive like Malfurion did.

Last edited:
Level 4
Queen Azshara might form a temporary alliance with Illidan, at least until they get rid of Malfurion. Illidan needs allies to bring down the Sentinel forces, so allying with the naga - the ancestors of the original Highborne sounds like an about right thing to do, just like Magtheridon joined Malfurion in the Bad story. By the way, we all know how much of a bad blood is between the two brothers Stormrage, so I won't be surprised to see them fighting against each other again.
Hmmm, will Velinde make it to the horn this time? Despite having a changed personality, I'm not sure whether Turnro has changed anything regarding the cinematic where the Legion enters the portal near the Mouth Hyjal, including the event where Jaraxxus kills Velinde...
The dreadlords aren't as straight-forward regarding the betrayal of Kil'jaeden like Magtheridon was. They are more cunning and wouldn't make their real intentions clear until the right moment to strike. There may be a chance Varimathras would tell Balnazzar of Kil'jaeden's involvement of Azgalor's and Tichondrius's deaths, which would only increase the dreadlords' hatred towards the leader of the Burning Legion.
Having Exiled One joining Malfurion doesn't really make much sense to me, because he is a demon after all and the Night Elven society would never approve of a demon of any sort. Even if he'd try to lend a hand on them, they would've been very judicious (with a great reason). My view on Exiled One is he may aid the dreadlords in overthrowing Kil'jaeden. Some of them may even reach the World Tree and be one of the potential bosses. Who knows...

Jerod is just a minor hero of the campaign, a helping hand of player thoughout the campaign. He is just like Rok'han/Rexxar/Grom in Jeopardy of the Horde - he can be recruited to be your companion throughout the campaign, but it's not a "must do". Recruiting him was never a main quest of the Sentinel chapter, but rather an optional/secondary quest. He doesn't even say anything in cinematics, it's like he's not even there at all. And, yes, I think he was killed off-screen in a Highborne storyline, since we haven't seen him anywhere throughout the Bad side of a campaign.

Illidan never had an unknown inner voice telling him what to do like Malfurion did. Also, Illidan didn't consume the power of two and more wells, only maybe one well, which means it was not as much as Malfurion did. But, who knows what may happen? Maybe after consuming some more power of the corrupted fountain, Illidan would turn ville and destructive like Malfurion did.
Well, after malfurion consumed the first well, his mind was still telling him things but he was still good, after the second well someone merged with him, or either the power overwhelm him but remember, kath'ranis and Illidan gained some nice power after only taking some of the well, however, when malfurion consumed the first 2 wells, he didn't gain much that of a power instead, his mind corrupted him

One other fact I found interesting is that when he talks with magtheridon for the first time, he asks him about the wells, their power, etc, but his inner voice knew all of it, So he became something new?

Level 11
Well, after malfurion consumed the first well, his mind was still telling him things but he was still good, after the second well someone merged with him, or either the power overwhelm him but remember, kath'ranis and Illidan gained some nice power after only taking some of the well, however, when malfurion consumed the first 2 wells, he didn't gain much that of a power instead, his mind corrupted him

One other fact I found interesting is that when he talks with magtheridon for the first time, he asks him about the wells, their power, etc, but his inner voice knew all of it, So he became something new?
Wow. I'm literally having a brainfog right now 😂
Yes, I'm sure some entity merged with his mind and corrupted him. But look, he didn't have much of a power because the game is intended to have a well-balanced difficulty. Malfurion got corrupted and his power grew as a player progressed throughout the campaign.
So, what is the being that corrupted him? Until this very day, I'm sure none of us can tell for sure. I remember Turnro said way back it's going to be explained in a Sentinel story, so I can't say much more than I am hyped to see what will happen.

Level 4
Wow. I'm literally having a brainfog right now 😂
Yes, I'm sure some entity merged with his mind and corrupted him. But look, he didn't have much of a power because the game is intended to have a well-balanced difficulty. Malfurion got corrupted and his power grew as a player progressed throughout the campaign.
So, what is the being that corrupted him? Until this very day, I'm sure none of us can tell for sure. I remember Turnro said way back it's going to be explained in a Sentinel story, so I can't say much more than I am hyped to see what will happen.
Maybe sargeras? It's complicated, but turnro is a genius

Level 5

Yeah Illidan probably won't become insane like Malfurion did, but it seems like he gained power from the fountains, so it affected him somehow.
Maybe sargeras? It's complicated, but turnro is a genius
As I said before, I previously suspected The Exiled One, but it would indeed be a shocking turn if it was Sargeras.
Queen Azshara might form a temporary alliance with Illidan, at least until they get rid of Malfurion. Illidan needs allies to bring down the Sentinel forces, so allying with the naga - the ancestors of the original Highborne sounds like about right thing to do, just like Magtheridon joined Malfurion in the Bad story. By the way, we all know how much of a bad blood is between the two brothers Stormrage, so I won't be surprised to see them fighting against each other again.
The dreadlords aren't as straight-forward regarding the betrayal of Kil'jaeden like Magtheridon was. They are more cunning and wouldn't make their real intentions clear until the right moment to strike. There may be a chance Varimathras would tell Balnazzar of Kil'jaeden's involvement of both Azgalor's and Tichondrius's deaths, which would only increase the dreadlords' hatred towards the leader of the Burning Legion.
Having Exiled One joining Malfurion doesn't really make much sense to me, because he is a demon after all and the Night Elven society would never approve of a demon of any sort. Even if he'd try to lend a hand to them, they would've been very judicious (with a great reason). My view on Exiled One is he may aid the dreadlords in overthrowing Kil'jaeden. He may even challenge Mephistroth and become a new leader of the Nathrezim. Some of them may even reach the World Tree and be one of the potential bosses. Who knows... Also, let's not forget about Zaelthrun the Harbinger. He also would have a good role of the Nathrezim affairs.

I agree The Exiled One probably wouldn't join with the Sentinels, as it looks like he'll be working with two demons (Balnazzar and Varimathras), but it also seems to imply in his bio that he is NOT a demon, unless I'm reading it wrong or something

Level 13
My predictions:
  • Cries of the Aspects helping Dragon Aspects and rallying them to our cause. I mean Alexstrasza and Nozdormu at least. We don't know if they have any problems in the Evil path, but I guess we'll find out in the Good path. From what we know in WoW, the Red Dragonflight doesn't have a big problem, however they have many smaller problems, while the Bronze is stuck in the eternal war with the Infinite Dragonflight (corrupted Bronze dragons from a dystopian future), will they appear in this universe, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Don't think Malygos and Deathwing (blue and black dragonflight) are going to show up. In the end we'll be unable to awaken Ysera and Green Dragonflight.
  • Dangerous Crossroads we find out why Cenarius and the Druids were unable to enter the Emerald Dream, and why they had to do the ritual with Medivh. In the process Malfurion and Faradrell succumb to the Nightmare, this time Cenarius does not.
  • Eternal Nightmare Tyrande goes to the Nightmare to save Malfurion. Anything can happen, Xavius can appear or not, Eredon will be the antagonist, Ysera might be the enemy or not, she may survive or not, Faradrella may survive or not etc..... In the end Malfurion is saved and the Emerald Dream is cleansed.
  • Demons of the past we find out about the Exiled one and Zealthrun.
  • Final Conflicts we deal with Illidan, and maybe someone else.
  • Defense of Nordrassil like the Last Guardian, but this time we're defending the World Tree, not attacking it. I'm just hoping there won't be survival missions.
  • Last chapter heroes enter the world tree to stop the enemy, pretty sure it's gonna be Malfurion and Tyrande, but not sure who else or if there's gonna be more heroes.

Not sure how the Dreadlords, Exiled One and Zealthrun and the Naga are gonna fit into all of this. I think the Dreadlords are gonna betray Kil'Jaeden, but don't know about the Naga, maybe they'll ally with Legion or Illidan, or they might not show up at all. Who knows.
Pretty sure Magtheridon, Smolderas and Shahraz are gonna die in cinematics/off camera like Jarraxus did in evil path, and Jaraxxus to be a boss fight.

if Eredon truly isn't that powerful, he'd have a role much like Gar'dal in Smolderas bossfight.
That's exactly what I thought.
Speaking of Jarod, does anyone know what happened to him in the Highborne campaign.
He wasn't mentioned anywhere, the only thing I don't really like about the Highborne path tbh.
Lorewise, Kil'jaden is stronger than Azshara so that applies.
In WoW lore, he is not. They're on par. Mannoroth, the most powerful demon in the universe, that destroyed the whole worlds on his own, was no match for her, and he said she was as powerful as Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden. Don't know how it works in this universe.

Level 5
My predictions:
  • Cries of the Aspects helping Dragon Aspects and rallying them to our cause. I mean Alexstrasza and Nozdormu at least. We don't know if they have any problems in the Evil path, but I guess we'll find out in the Good path. From what we know in WoW, the Red Dragonflight doesn't have a big problem, however they have many smaller problems, while the Bronze is stuck in the eternal war with the Infinite Dragonflight (corrupted Bronze dragons from a dystopian future), will they appear in this universe, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Don't think Malygos and Deathwing (blue and black dragonflight) are going to show up. In the end we'll be unable to awaken Ysera and Green Dragonflight.
  • Dangerous Crossroads we find out why Cenarius and the Druids were unable to enter the Emerald Dream, and why they had to do the ritual with Medivh. In the process Malfurion and Faradrell succumb to the Nightmare, this time Cenarius does not.
  • Eternal Nightmare Tyrande goes to the Nightmare to save Malfurion. Anything can happen, Xavius can appear or not, Eredon will be the antagonist, Ysera might be the enemy or not, she may survive or not, Faradrella may survive or not etc..... In the end Malfurion is saved and the Emerald Dream is cleansed.
  • Demons of the past we find out about the Exiled one and Zealthrun.
  • Final Conflicts we deal with Illidan, and maybe someone else.
  • Defense of Nordrassil like the Last Guardian, but this time we're defending the World Tree, not attacking it. I'm just hoping there won't be survival missions.
  • Last chapter heroes enter the world tree to stop the enemy, pretty sure it's gonna be Malfurion and Tyrande, but not sure who else or if there's gonna be more heroes.

Not sure how the Dreadlords, Exiled One and Zealthrun and the Naga are gonna fit into all of this. I think the Dreadlords are gonna betray Kil'Jaeden, but don't know about the Naga, maybe they'll ally with Legion or Illidan, or they might not show up at all. Who knows.
Pretty sure Magtheridon, Smolderas and Shahraz are gonna die in cinematics/off camera like Jarraxus did in evil path, and Jaraxxus to be a boss fight.

That's exactly what I thought.

He wasn't mentioned anywhere, the only thing I don't really like about the Highborne path tbh.

In WoW lore, he is not. They're on par. Mannoroth, the most powerful demon in the universe, that destroyed the whole worlds on his own, was no match for her, and he said she was as powerful as Archimonde and Kil'Jaeden. Don't know how it works in this universe.
Some interesting predictions. I highly doubt the Naga won't show up at all, as we have foreshadowing for them in chapter 5, with Lestharia Vashj's ghost, and the Makrura worshipping Azshara's statue

Level 4
I have one question tho, only 1 dragon aspect faced malfurion, what about the other ones? they were like 4 at the entrance of nordrassil

Yeah Illidan probably won't become insane like Malfurion did, but it seems like he gained power from the fountains, so it affected him somehow.

As I said before, I previously suspected The Exiled One, but it would indeed be a shocking turn if it was Sargeras.

I agree The Exiled One probably wouldn't join with the Sentinels, as it looks like he'll be working with two demons (Balnazzar and Varimathras), but it also seems to imply in his bio that he is NOT a demon, unless I'm reading it wrong or something
I am really hoping for someone unexpected, really, and I am hoping for the sentinel path to be better than the highborne :)

Some interesting predictions. I highly doubt the Naga won't show up at all, as we have foreshadowing for them in chapter 5, with Lestharia Vashj's ghost, and the Makrura worshipping Azshara's statue
If you're talking about the sentinel campaing, there have been a looooooot of changes, mainly story ones

Level 5
If you're talking about the sentinel campaing, there have been a looooooot of changes, mainly story ones
True. Yeah I wonder what will still be in there from the previous version 1.3.

I have one question tho, only 1 dragon aspect faced malfurion, what about the other ones? they were like 4 at the entrance of nordrassil
Ysera is the aspect most connected to Malfurion and the Night Elves so naturally she would be the one to confront him. I think Alexstrasza was supposed to have a boosfight in chapter 9 of the Highborne storyline, but was cut. I've seen a lot of predictions, but one I haven't seen (and this might be completely wrong, so don't expect this), but Nozdormu might be a bossfight in the Sentinel campaign, as he has seen the future where Malfurion turns evil and doesn't trust him.

I am really hoping for someone unexpected, really, and I am hoping for the sentinel path to be better than the highborne :)
Yeah it's completely unknown who it is, but if it is Sargeras, it is highly unlikely that there would be a boss battle with him, as the Sentinels aren't powerful enough to face him one on one. We haven't anything about Zael'thrun The Harbinger, other than his character bio, so could possibly be him acting under Sargeras, in which case, he might be the final boss, instead of Kil'Jaeden

Level 4
True. Yeah I wonder what will still be in there from the previous version 1.3.

Ysera is the aspect most connected to Malfurion and the Night Elves so naturally she would be the one to confront him. I think Alexstrasza was supposed to have a boosfight in chapter 9 of the Highborne storyline, but was cut. I've seen a lot of predictions, but one I haven't seen (and this might be completely wrong, so don't expect this), but Nozdormu might be a bossfight in the Sentinel campaign, as he has seen the future where Malfurion turns evil and doesn't trust him.

Yeah it's completely unknown who it is, but if it is Sargeras, it is highly unlikely that there would be a boss battle with him, as the Sentinels aren't powerful enough to face him one on one. We haven't anything about Zael'thrun The Harbinger, other than his character bio, so could possibly be him acting under Sargeras, in which case, he might be the final boss, instead of Kil'Jaeden
Hmm.. well what happend after malfurion became a dark titan? I know he killed everything in his path but, didn't ysera told him that too much power would lead him to somehow die of thirst? Also why didn't nozdormu didn't open a portal to another dimension or som?

Level 11
Hmm.. well what happend after malfurion became a dark titan? I know he killed everything in his path but, didn't ysera told him that too much power would lead him to somehow die of thirst? Also why didn't nozdormu didn't open a portal to another dimension or som?
He destroyed or enslaved every living thing on Azeroth. Ysera told Malfurion that his thirst for power would turn him into a living hole and no magic or power of the world would ever fill his hunger for magic/power, but will not acutally kill him.
Why would Nozdormu do such a thing? If that is the action he takes in WoW, than I have no knowlegde of that lol

Level 4
He destroyed or enslaved every living thing on Azeroth. Ysera told Malfurion that his thirst for power would turn him into a living hole and no magic or power of the world would ever fill his hunger for magic/power, but will not acutally kill him.
Why would Nozdormu do such a thing? If that is the action he takes in WoW, than I have no knowlegde of that lol
To save themselfs, Idk, go to draenor or something and start a new life since azeroth is destroyed

Level 4
Also I have talked with turnro about some lore, he told me that the malfurion voice will be explored in the good stiry path and that consuming the fountains didnt make him evil, but he amplified his fears, as you can see he isnt all "kill kill kill" he is like united with all strong people, also in the ending he didnt really wanna kill illidan but he left him with no choice

Level 11
To save themselfs, Idk, go to draenor or something and start a new life since azeroth is destroyed
Draenor is even more destroyed lol.
Also I have talked with turnro about some lore, he told me that the malfurion voice will be explored in the good stiry path and that consuming the fountains didnt make him evil, but he amplified his fears, as you can see he isnt all "kill kill kill" he is like united with all strong people, also in the ending he didnt really wanna kill illidan but he left him with no choice
Yeah, united with strong and vanquish the weak. Like he killed Tyrande, who wasn't weak but not strong enough to beat him. So, by your theory, only those who could beat the evil Malfurion are counted as strong and thus worthy to live? Come on... It's either his spirit that was corrupted by the fountain power or his mind is replaced by an entirely different being that controls his body and actions.

Level 4
Draenor is even more destroyed lol.

Yeah, united with strong and vanquish the weak. Like he killed Tyrande, who wasn't weak but not strong enough to beat him. So, by your theory, only those who could beat the evil Malfurion are counted as strong and thus worthy to live? Come on... It's either his spirit that was corrupted by the fountain power or his mind is replaced by an entirely different being that controls his body and actions.
He's surely corrupted by his thoughts, he first wanted to destroy the burning legion and then to rule the world but still destroy the burning legion, it's like he's the same but not the same. When he destroyed that portal he was like "this world being destroyed by me or by the burning legion is an easy choice" so the new him wants to rule the world but still wants to destroy the burning legion, his mind is.. corrupted

He's surely corrupted by his thoughts, he first wanted to destroy the burning legion and then to rule the world but still destroy the burning legion, it's like he's the same but not the same. When he destroyed that portal he was like "this world being destroyed by me or by the burning legion is an easy choice" so the new him wants to rule the world but still wants to destroy the burning legion, his mind is.. corrupted
Or maybe someone else merged with him

Level 4
This is probably most likely, as when he consumes the second fountain, the voice says, "now we will be one"
but, who.

I bet rexxar and the gang could beat him in terms of stats lol

Level 5
but, who.
It will be revealed in the Sentinel story. I remember when the Highborne story first came out in it's completed form, and the two biggest unanswered questions were;
1. Who was behind the fountains (the 'source' so to speak), and also Malfurion's "dark/inner voice" (likely the source of the fountains and the voice are the same person)
2. The ritual that Cenarius and Medivh were performing, what exactly it was, what was happening with Ysera, how was Eredon involved, why the Kil'Jaeden/Azshara/Malfurion were able to enter without anything preventing them etc.

These will all be answered in the Sentinel storyline although many of us have seemed to have worked out the second one pretty well now. Now it's less about what the ritual is for, and more about, is it just Eredon, or Eredon and Xavius lol

Still looking forward to seeing how everything plays out though

Level 16
Also, one of the biggest what ifs: What if Tyrande joined Malfurion in evil story path? Let's say Malfurion managed to corrupt Tyrande using his spell after her defeat. It would be cool to see highborne Tyrande, and it's her deepest fear to become another queen Azshara. I bet she would gradually lose connection to Elune, and her skillset would change fittingly. For example: summoning arcane owls instead of night owls, arcane aura that increases spell damage instead of trueshot aura, arcane arrow that burns mana instead of searing arrow with increased damage, and starfall being not channeling spell but with single bolide that deals massive damage upon impact and reduces accuracy, speed, and inflicts burning damage on enemies. Etc.

Level 4
Also, one of the biggest what ifs: What if Tyrande joined Malfurion in evil story path? Let's say Malfurion managed to corrupt Tyrande using his spell after her defeat. It would be cool to see highborne Tyrande, and it's her deepest fear to become another queen Azshara. I bet she would gradually lose connection to Elune, and her skillset would change fittingly. For example: summoning arcane owls instead of night owls, arcane aura that increases spell damage instead of trueshot aura, arcane arrow that burns mana instead of searing arrow with increased damage, and starfall being not channeling spell but with single bolide that deals massive damage upon impact and reduces accuracy, speed, and inflicts burning damage on enemies. Etc.
I think she would still die at the end, just like every allie of malfurion

It will be revealed in the Sentinel story. I remember when the Highborne story first came out in it's completed form, and the two biggest unanswered questions were;
1. Who was behind the fountains (the 'source' so to speak), and also Malfurion's "dark/inner voice" (likely the source of the fountains and the voice are the same person)
2. The ritual that Cenarius and Medivh were performing, what exactly it was, what was happening with Ysera, how was Eredon involved, why the Kil'Jaeden/Azshara/Malfurion were able to enter without anything preventing them etc.

These will all be answered in the Sentinel storyline although many of us have seemed to have worked out the second one pretty well now. Now it's less about what the ritual is for, and more about, is it just Eredon, or Eredon and Xavius lol
I thought that the ritual was medivh trying to bring the aspects to the world, now they are more questions to answer

Level 5
I thought that the ritual was medivh trying to bring the aspects to the world, now they are more questions to answer
No, just Ysera as Eredon trapped her in the Nightmare. It isn't mentioned if the other two aspects are having problems, but the other storyline may or may not address this

Level 4
No, just Ysera as Eredon trapped her in the Nightmare. It isn't mentioned if the other two aspects are having problems, but the other storyline may or may not address this
I am sorry who is eredon and why ysera trapped in her nightmare?

Also, shouldn't it be like, another dragon aspect? mylogys or something

Level 5
I am sorry who is eredon and why ysera trapped in her nightmare?
Check the character bio page. Eredon is Kil'Jaeden's most loyal servant. He didn't make an official appearance in the Highborne campaign, but he appears in Jeopardy for the Horde, and Ressurection of the Scourge, Turnro's previous campaigns. He is actually the only character to appear or be mentioned in all 4 of Turnro's campaigns. He is also known as Algammon.

His list of mentions/appearances are:
In Rowan
When Arthas is talking to the demon summoner, and the summoner mentions he was able to summon one demon by complete accident

In Jeopardy
After the orcs fight off the Night Elves from Santron, Eredon/Algammon can be seen summoning a portal and disappearing.
In the Fel Orc chapter, there is a pit lord who mentions Eredon by name
He appears to Tyrande, to supposedly warn her against the Orcs
Thrall and the orcs get misdirected by a necromancer to find "a demon" and kill him
Tyrande encounters 'Algammon' again, and this time the Elves capture him
Thrall manages to kill him, but summons Azgalor and the Legion, although they also manage to defeat him

In Ressurection
When Tichondrius and Varimathras discover the Shadow Orders hideout, a flashback occurs, and Algammon is mentioned by name
In Dalaran, Tichondrius and Araj come across a tome. It is here that we first properly hear about Eredon/Algammon
A mysterious voice whispers to Magroth the Defender, and informs him about the dreadlords
Before the final battle occurs Varimathras dissapears for some reason
In the epilogue it is revealed he gave Medivh's tome to Eredon. Eredon then appears and Kil'Jaeden explains what happened with Eredon/Algammon.

All in all he is kind of an essential part of the story, and has now somehow managed to get into the Emerald Dream, and trapped Ysera with his illusions.

Also, shouldn't it be like, another dragon aspect? mylogys or something
It seems according to this lore that Mannoroth, Archimonde, Malygos, and Deathwing/Neltharion died 10 000 years ago

Level 4
Check the character bio page. Eredon is Kil'Jaeden's most loyal servant. He didn't make an official appearance in the Highborne campaign, but he appears in Jeopardy for the Horde, and Ressurection of the Scourge, Turnro's previous campaigns. He is actually the only character to appear or be mentioned in all 4 of Turnro's campaigns. He is also known as Algammon.

In Rowan
When Arthas is talking to the demon summoner, and the summoner mentions he was able to summon one demon by complete accident

In Jeopardy
After the orcs fight off the Night Elves from Santron, Eredon/Algammon can be seen summoning a portal and disappearing.
Thrall and the orcs get misdirected by a necromancer to find "a demon" and kill him
Thrall manages to kill him, but summons Azgalor and the Legion, although they also manage to defeat him

In Ressurection
When Tichondrius and Varimathras discover the Shadow Orders hideout, a flashback occurs, and Algammon is mentioned by name
In Dalaran, Tichondrius and Araj come across a tome. It is here that we first properly hear about Eredon/Algammon
A mysterious voice whispers to Magroth the Defender, and informs him about the dreadlords
In the epilogue it is revealed he gave Medivh's tome to Eredon. Eredon then appears and Kil'Jaeden explains what happened with Eredon/Algammon.

All in all he is kind of an essential part of the story, and has now somehow managed to get into the Emerald Dream, and trapped Ysera with his illusions.

It seems according to this lore that Mannoroth, Archimonde, Malygos, and Deathwing/Neltharion died 10 000 years ago
Thank you man for giving me info, i started thinking about who "possesed furion and I am starting to think it's araj idk

In Rowan

In Jeopardy

In Ressurection

So I've been thinking that the wells are made by someone who can enter someone deepest fears, malfurion feared the burning legion and that's why he became corrupted, so it's gotta be a very powerful being, sargeras and somehow the lich king even if he's dead or something

I've watched all the cutscenes (again) and from what medivh said, the fountains amplified his fears, he only seeks to destroy the legion at all costs, so it's mostly his thoughts that corrupted him but, how could he know of the fountains when he woke up from the emerald dream is the only question

Level 5
The chapter 'Final Conflicts' should be interesting. It isn't exactly clear what it is going to be about. Several people on this forum have mentioned that it has something to do with Illidan, the Highborne and the Naga. I was actually thinking it might have something more to do with Malfurion's inner conflict. I guess we'll find out eventually

Although it would make sense if it was about Furion and Illidan, and their 'conflict' with each other (conflict would be an understatement)

Level 4
Although it would make sense if it was about Furion and Illidan, and their 'conflict' with each other (conflict would be an understatement)
I never played the good story path but I saw some people telling me that the voice remains, I am thinking about malfurion battling his fears or his voice instead of illidan, But I am hoping good story path will be better than the highborne path

Level 11
The chapter 'Final Conflicts' should be interesting. It isn't exactly clear what it is going to be about. Several people on this forum have mentioned that it has something to do with Illidan, the Highborne and the Naga. I was actually thinking it might have something more to do with Malfurion's inner conflict. I guess we'll find out eventually
That's a good guess. To be honest, I never thought about that possibility. What I thought is Malfurion's inner voice would perish right after he refuses to consume the powers of the Corrupted Fountain and would have never again be present thoughout the campaign. The "conflict" you thought about is very possible that could happen, rather than an actual conflict resulted as a battle against Illidan and the Highborne.
By the way, I'm happy to see the campaign is being worked on at the moment.
I never played the good story path but I saw some people telling me that the voice remains, I am thinking about malfurion battling his fears or his voice instead of illidan,
You can always check out "yetanotheryoutuber"'s gameplay of the Good story path that was released on the 1.3 version of the game, since the game has been patched and the Good story is not playable until the campaign is finished and the 2.0 version has came out.
I am hoping good story path will be better than the highborne path
Well, there is a reason why it's called "Good" story path, isn't it? 😁

Level 4
That's a good guess. To be honest, I never thought about that possibility. What I thought is Malfurion's inner voice would perish right after he refuses to consume the powers of the Corrupted Fountain and would have never again be present thoughout the campaign. The "conflict" you thought about is very possible that could happen, rather than an actual conflict resulted as a battle against Illidan and the Highborne.
By the way, I'm happy to see the campaign is being worked on at the moment.

You can always check out "yetanotheryoutuber"'s gameplay of the Good story path that was released on the 1.3 version of the game, since the game has been patched and the Good story is not playable until the campaign is finished and the 2.0 version has came out.

Well, there is a reason why it's called "Good" story path, isn't it? 😁
I loved in highborne path that you could use malfurion to end everything, like when he gained chaos damage it was so fun playing him alone without troops

Level 13
I actually think the conflict is about the Burning Legion and the Dreadlords. It's right after the interlude "Demons of the Past", which is obviously about the Exile and Zaelthrun. And than there' the "civil war" within the Dreadlords (read their bio), at least the five main Dreadlords (the ones that die after Malfurion destroys the portal in the Evil path). Mephistroth is team Kil'Jaeden, while Balnezaar and Varimathras are "rebels". I suppose Deatheroc is with Balnezaar and Varimathras, while Antheron is with Mephistroth. And I suppose the rebels are connected to Zealthrun. While the Exile is their prisoner and has his/her own agenda. Than Jaraxxus and Shahraz are also ploting something of their own.... I think Jaraxxus is gonna be a final boss of that chapter, seems like it, with Shahraz dying in a cinematic or a cutscene or even off camera.

I don't think Illidan and his story is gonna be resolved untill the last chapter. He's the main character, alongside Malfurion and Tyrande.You can always check out "yetanotheryoutuber"'s gameplay of the Good story path that was released on the 1.3 version of the game, since the game has been patched and the Good story is not playable until the campaign is finished and the 2.0 version has came out.
It doesn't have to be relevant. Who knows what they've changed from that version.

Level 4
I actually think the conflict is about the Burning Legion and the Dreadlords. It's right after the interlude "Demons of the Past", which is obviously about the Exile and Zaelthrun. And than there' the "civil war" within the Dreadlords (read their bio), at least the five main Dreadlords (the ones that die after Malfurion destroys the portal in the Evil path). Mephistroth is team Kil'Jaeden, while Balnezaar and Varimathras are "rebels". I suppose Deatheroc is with Balnezaar and Varimathras, while Antheron is with Mephistroth. And I suppose the rebels are connected to Zealthrun. While the Exile is their prisoner and has his/her own agenda. Than Jaraxxus and Shahraz are also ploting something of their own.... I think Jaraxxus is gonna be a final boss of that chapter, seems like it, with Shahraz dying in a cinematic or a cutscene or even off camera.

I don't think Illidan and his story is gonna be resolved untill the last chapter. He's the main character, alongside Malfurion and Tyrande.You can always check out "yetanotheryoutuber"'s gameplay of the Good story path that was released on the 1.3 version of the game, since the game has been patched and the Good story is not playable until the campaign is finished and the 2.0 version has came out.

It doesn't have to be relevant. Who knows what they've changed from that version.
Imagine if illidan managed to get the well the eternity, what would have happend next?

Level 5

Yeah it could also be about this. It looks like that's the chapter that's being worked on now, so who knows. To me it seems like Balnazzar and Varimathras will be working WITH The Exile, not as their prisoner, but you could be right.

Level 11
That's a good assumption. Balnazzar, Detheroc and Varimathras being on one side altogether, just like on the original TFT undead campaign. They may be on Zealthrun's side, since Zealthrun could be the dreadlord that is potentially interested in avenging Tichondrius if he'd learn of Kil'jaeden's involvement of Tichondrius's death. We could say he's Tichondrius number two, since his bio says he was the only dreadlord close to match Tichondrius's strength.
On the other side, the side of the Burning Legion, there would be Mephistroth and Anetheron, who will put their loyalty and service to the Legion.
Now, The Exiled One was trapped by Zealthrun, so Zealthrun is his jailor, just like Maiev was Illidan's. So, the Exiled One may find it fit to join the Burning Legion side in order to take revenge upon those who imprisoned him and called traitor - Zealthrun and his team of the Nathrezim. Or he could have some other interests.
Than Jaraxxus and Shahraz are also ploting something of their own.... I think Jaraxxus is gonna be a final boss of that chapter, seems like it, with Shahraz dying in a cinematic or a cutscene or even off camera.
How do you know that? Was it on the interlude after chapter 2 when Malfurion destroys the corrupted fountain? I must have missed that part to figure out those two planning anything and their motives...
Shahraz being a known Legion general dying off-screen wouldn't be fit, if you ask me. She should have a big role of the campaign and be a boss, in my opinion.