• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Malfurion's Quest

Level 1
Hey,

Why does chapter 2 always crash when malfurion crosses to the place where the catapult is? Actually the game crashes always when I try to cross the bridge down where the catapult is shooting from the forest, does not matter what units i use, playing on hard. I have the latest patch on
wc3.

I just realised it's the highbornes glaive throvers that crash the game... can't do anything about it?

Last edited:
Level 31
Hey,

Why does chapter 2 always crash when malfurion crosses to the place where the catapult is? Actually the game crashes always when I try to cross the bridge down where the catapult is shooting from the forest, does not matter what units i use, playing on hard. I have the latest patch on
wc3.

I just realised it's the highbornes glaive throvers that crash the game... can't do anything about it?

This bug was introduced during the 1.31 update for Warcraft 3, which broke a lot of custom maps. Blizzard should release a patch soon that fixes this problem.

Level 2
Turno you unfortunately have to fix the glaive throwers to the new glaive throwers they still crash the game after their patch update

Level 31
Hey guys! Recently, Blizzard brought out the 1.31 patch for Warcraft 3. Unfortunately, the update brought out a few bugs that ultimately affected custom maps, including Malfurion's Quest. Since the patch, the missile model used for the Highborne Glaive Thrower had crashed the game to crash upon use. Malfurion's Quest has now been updated to fix the issue, and the campaign can now be played again on the current patch.

In other news, I am currently still in the process of planning out the Sentinel story-line. There isn't much to say at this point in time other than it will be a while until I have more news to share. The planning is about 33% done, and I want to make sure that the I am satisfied with the story and gameplay design before development on the maps can begin. Overall, I am excited for Malfurion's Quest v2.0 and will announce more news in the future once the campaign has reached enough progress.

Level 1
Huge thx for the update!

Can someone tell in which level the legendary items are found? For example level 1 has one, level 2 has one etc? Dont want to miss any.

Last edited:
Level 1
Hi Turnro & FallenStar , thank you for this more than awesome campaign !! Just wanted to highlight a bug you may not know yet : the cinematic playing right after the quest 'Secrets of the Guardians' in Chapter 5 is written as completed crashes the game from the first second , and it's impossible to skip it before it happens , and therefore impossible to continue the campaign after many tries. This bug seems to have appeared with your most recent update of the campaign (even if it is already supposed to fix some bugs due to 1.31 patch, like glaives) because this bug didn't occur in older ones released under 1.30 patch. I have no idea if I'm the only one not to be able to play further than chapter 5 or if you guys can't as well.
Anyway, keep up the good work !!

Last edited:
Level 3
Hello, Turnro and StarFallen, I know that is going to take a year for you to finish the Sentinel storyline but I want to know if you are doing some changes in the previous chapter because there is nothing new saying in this page.

Level 7
Any estimated date or month at the current stage? We only have assurance of around 2020 last time I recall.

To my knowledge, myself or Turnro haven't given a date for the release of the full campaign just yet.
In all honesty, I don't know how long it will take to rework/adjust and release the new chapters.

Rest assured everybody will be informed of any changes/news regarding the project.

Level 13
Quick question. If you ever update the campaign again (after Reforged is out of course) have you thought about including Tyrande(revived/empowered by Elune) in the highborn final boss fight? I mean it was expected that either Illidan or Tyrande will be the final boss, it's good that it's Illidan, but it might be better if they were both, like in first phase Illidan, second Tyrande...and both in the end. I mean if Sentinel story ever happens(besides other reasons, we know absolutely nothing how Reforged will work/look) it would be awesome to have Malfurion, Illidan and Tyrande against Kil'jaden as the final boss, so it would make sense that in Highborne it's Malfurion vs Illidan and Tyrande.

Level 1
Hi Turnro & FallenStar , thank you for this more than awesome campaign !! Just wanted to highlight a bug you may not know yet : the cinematic playing right after the quest 'Secrets of the Guardians' in Chapter 5 is written as completed crashes the game from the first second , and it's impossible to skip it before it happens , and therefore impossible to continue the campaign after many tries. This bug seems to have appeared with your most recent update of the campaign (even if it is already supposed to fix some bugs due to 1.31 patch, like glaives) because this bug didn't occur in older ones released under 1.30 patch. I have no idea if I'm the only one not to be able to play further than chapter 5 or if you guys can't as well.
Anyway, keep up the good work !!
Hi Turnro & Fallenstar , just a message in case you saw this message on this topic [#2163 , August 7th] but forgot to answer or to bring a solution. There's a point I forgot to mention : with Blizzard/Battlenet new patching updates system since last monthes, we are forced to play wc3 on 1.31 , so it's impossible to get a former wc3 patch version in order to be able to play the campaign without this bug so I guess I can't be the only one unable to continue after Chapter 5.. I hope this post will be useful and sorry if there is something I didn't see from you after my first message , no flood intention from me. Best regards , have a good day :)

Level 29
Quick question. If you ever update the campaign again (after Reforged is out of course) have you thought about including Tyrande(revived/empowered by Elune) in the highborn final boss fight? I mean it was expected that either Illidan or Tyrande will be the final boss, it's good that it's Illidan, but it might be better if they were both, like in first phase Illidan, second Tyrande...and both in the end. I mean if Sentinel story ever happens(besides other reasons, we know absolutely nothing how Reforged will work/look) it would be awesome to have Malfurion, Illidan and Tyrande against Kil'jaden as the final boss, so it would make sense that in Highborne it's Malfurion vs Illidan and Tyrande.

The problem with that is that Tyrande is dead. I don't think Elune has the power to ressurect the dead. Or maybe she has, I don't know, I am not very knowledgable regarding deities from Azeroth. Unless someone has ressurected her, her appearing in the Well out of nowhere would make little to no sense. And why would she appear only now, after most of Ashenvale lies in ruins?
Plus, Illidan is mostly motivated in defeating Malfurion because he killed Tyrande. Tyrande showing up alive would end most of his resolve and he probably would run with her rather than risk Malfurion killing her like he tried again.

Level 6
The problem with that is that Tyrande is dead. I don't think Elune has the power to ressurect the dead. Or maybe she has, I don't know, I am not very knowledgable regarding deities from Azeroth. Unless someone has ressurected her, her appearing in the Well out of nowhere would make little to no sense. And why would she appear only now, after most of Ashenvale lies in ruins?
Plus, Illidan is mostly motivated in defeating Malfurion because he killed Tyrande. Tyrande showing up alive would end most of his resolve and he probably would run with her rather than risk Malfurion killing her like he tried again.

To my knowledge from wow there is no concrete evidence that elune can't revive someone from death. (Who haven't play wow)

If elune can revive someone from the dead then it would have revive dead elves from war of the ancient and other battles as well.

Again I haven't play wow.

Level 3
Greetings, Turnro

First, I would like to thank you for creating 4 brilliant campaigns, I really enjoyed playing them all. While I think you did excellent job on creating alternative timeline of Warcraft 3 Campaign story, I would also like to ask a few questions and give a few suggestions, regarding this campaign, as well as the other 3. Also, I would like to point out that all of the suggestions are regarding Hard mode of the campaigns, since I played them only on Hard mode (legendary items for life :D )

First, and most important of all, all of us are very, very hungry for some information regarding the development of the Sentinel storyline of this campaign, since it's been months since your last update on the development progress. Saying this, I mainly mean the development of the storyline, and which is very important - date of when you will begin to develop the remaining chapters of the Sentinel storyline (putting Cries of the Aspects chapter into "in development" status), as well as reworking of the Highborne storyline. Yesterday I finished the Sentinel storyline up to the 5th chapter of the older version of the campaign, while I completed the Highborne storyline of the latest version. As for the suggestions:

1. In the Sentinel storyline, in the chapter 4 I suggest increasing the time limit up to 3 minutes in reaching Silverwind Refuge outpost, as well as the increased time of reaching Astranaar, since in that part are neutral creeps which could drop valuable stats items for player, so that he has enough time to kill those creeps and complete that part of the mission, since he won't be able to kill them and acquire those items in the later stage of the chapter (part of the campaing when player has to create blockades in order to prevent corrupted animals from destroying the outposts);
2. In chapter 3, I suggest making Timbermaw furbolgs forces strong enough to hold the corrupted furbolgs on their own, so that player can concentrate solely on Highborne base, as Illidan and Kathranis prove to be a real harrasment;
3. In chapter 5 I suggest increasing the amount of gold in the gold mines, to give a player a proper start. I think 12.500 gold will suffice, if not more;
4. Sentries should have a little more damage on all 4 tiers and little more HP (500-550 HP would be enough)
5. I suggest increasing Faradrella's attack range to 600, or maybe 700, since she is the daughter of Cenarius who has 1000 attack range
6. Where is Jarod Shadowsong in chapter 6? As far as I recall, he also entered the cave with the others. He should be available in chapter 6 and onwards, if the player completes optional quest in chapter 5. Speaking of chapter 5, if player chooses to ally with makrura (optional quest), does that mean they will be available in the Sentinel techtree from that chapter onwards? Or will they have their separate base and techtree, and controlled by AI, just like the furbolgs in previous chapters? Also, in chapter 5, Blackmaw furbolgs should automatically engage Satyr forces, and create a proper base, with furbolg huts and boulder towers (like in chapter 3), unlike just letting Satyrs to pass through their base without a fight to attack the Sentinel expansions.
7. In all chapters, in both storylines, I suggest increasing experience-gaining rate for the heroes, so that they can reach their higher levels faster;
8. In Highborne storyline, in chapter 9, on Hard difficulty, the final Night Elf base is almost impossible to destroy, since there is a ridiculously vast force of all types of dragonflights to defend (i can barely see my own ground forces in the fight), even with the heaviest of units, such as Demonesses and Felhounds (and I suggest giving Felhounds Chaos type of attack, since it is a Legion unit)
9. Also, in Hard mode on both campaigns, i suggest leaving only whosyourdaddy cheat forbidden, while allowing the other cheats, such as iseedeadpeople, warpten, greedisgood, thereisnospoon etc.

Also, if possible, we would like to know the approximate date of the release of 2.0 version of the campaign.

As for other campaigns, I have some suggestions:

1. I suggest a complete rewrite of the dialogues in the Human campaign, to make it more serious, since it's the only parody campaign, while the other 3 are not, so it's kinda unsynchronised;
2. In the Orc campaign, I suggest bringing back the Brilliance aura on Drek'thar, as well as giving him an inventory in chapter 4, and giving him his teleportation spellbook, starting with that chapter, as it will become really useful in later chapters, so that the player doesn't have to constantly buy teleportation scrolls. In chapter 6, Witch Doctors should have Healing Wards. Also, I suggest fixing the bug in chapter 10 when ally AI doesn't rebuild destroyed structures to fully regain a 100% upkeep cap, but to a 90% at most, as well as the other destroyed train-unit buildings. And putting different hotkeys on Drek'thar's Forked Lightning spell and Far Sight spell.
3. I also suggest reworking the Scourge campaign, the same way you did the Orc campaign (inserting legendary items, reworking of the Dreadlords spells (damn, Dalvengyr's ultimate is painfully useless, Dark Portal spell that summons 2-3 felhounds would be better, and there should be a healing spell on one of the dreadlord - i suggest Death Coil), and not boosting the stats (HP, damage, armor) of the AI in chapter 10, but perhaps increasing number of units in an attack wave). Also, in that campaign, of maybe in the Night Elf campaign, I suggest revealing the identity of a mysterious voice that alerts Magroth about the Dreadlords and their powers.

And one question - can you tell me the name of the song (or at least post a link to it in a reply of this message) that you used in chapter 10 of the Orc campaign, as well as the chapter 9 of the Highborne storyline, the one that sounds like it's the final battle?

around 9:45 mark I think it is.

After finishing 2.0 version of the Malfurion's Quest campaign, as well as the upgrading the Scourge campaign, it would be amazing to see all of the campaigns - voice acted. I, for one, loved it in the Human campaign.

P.S. Also, i didn't get to download the version of the campaign where there are 6 developed chapters of the Sentinel storyline (with the Cave of Shadows as a last developed chapter), so if you could send it in a reply of this message, I would really appreciate it - it would be an excellent entertainment while waiting for the 2.0 version :) As for the 2.0 version, I have no doubts at all that it will be a masterpiece campaign :)

Anyways, hope to see your reply soon. And keep up with the amazing work you've done so far :)

Last edited:
Level 6
Greetings, Turnro

First, I would like to thank you for creating 4 brilliant campaigns, I really enjoyed playing them all. While I think you did excellent job on creating alternative timeline of Warcraft 3 Campaign story, I would also like to ask a few questions and give a few suggestions, regarding this campaign, as well as the other 3. Also, I would like to point out that all of the suggestions are regarding Hard mode of the campaigns, since I played them only on Hard mode (legendary items for life :D )

First, and most important of all, all of us are very, very hungry for some information regarding the development of the Sentinel storyline of this campaign, since it's been months since your last update on the development progress. Saying this, I mainly mean the development of the storyline, and which is very important - date of when you will begin to develop the remaining chapters of the Sentinel storyline (putting Cries of the Aspects chapter into "in development" status), as well as reworking of the Highborne storyline. Yesterday I finished the Sentinel storyline up to the 5th chapter of the older version of the campaign, while I completed the Highborne storyline of the latest version. As for the suggestions:

1. In the Sentinel storyline, in the chapter 4 I suggest increasing the time limit up to 3 minutes in reaching Silverwind Refuge outpost, as well as the increased time of reaching Astranaar, since in that part are neutral creeps which could drop valuable stats items for player, so that he has enough time to kill those creeps and complete that part of the mission, since he won't be able to kill them and acquire those items in the later stage of the chapter (part of the campaing when player has to create blockades in order to prevent corrupted animals from destroying the outposts);
2. In chapter 3, I suggest making Timbermaw furbolgs forces strong enough to hold the corrupted furbolgs on their own, so that player can concentrate solely on Highborne base, as Illidan and Kathranis prove to be a real harrasment;
3. In chapter 5 I suggest increasing the amount of gold in the gold mines, to give a player a proper start. I think 12.500 gold will suffice, if not more;
4. Sentries should have a little more damage on all 4 tiers and little more HP (500-550 HP would be enough)
5. I suggest increasing Faradrella's attack range to 600, or maybe 700, since she is the daughter of Cenarius who has 1000 attack range
6. Where is Jarod Shadowsong in chapter 6? As far as I recall, he also entered the cave with the others. He should be available in chapter 6 and onwards, if the player completes optional quest in chapter 5. Speaking of chapter 5, if player chooses to ally with makrura (optional quest), does that mean they will be available in the Sentinel techtree from that chapter onwards? Or will they have their separate base and techtree, and controlled by AI, just like the furbolgs in previous chapters? Also, in chapter 5, Blackmaw furbolgs should automatically engage Satyr forces, and create a proper base, with furbolg huts and boulder towers (like in chapter 3), unlike just letting Satyrs to pass through their base without a fight to attack the Sentinel expansions.
7. In all chapters, in both storylines, I suggest increasing experience-gaining rate for the heroes, so that they can reach their higher levels faster;
8. In Highborne storyline, in chapter 9, on Hard difficulty, the final Night Elf base is almost impossible to destroy, since there is a ridiculously vast force of all types of dragonflights to defend (i can barely see my own ground forces in the fight), even with the heaviest of units, such as Demonesses and Felhounds (and I suggest giving Felhounds Chaos type of attack, since it is a Legion unit)
9. Also, in Hard mode on both campaigns, i suggest leaving only whosyourdaddy cheat forbidden, while allowing the other cheats, such as iseedeadpeople, warpten, greedisgood, thereisnospoon etc.

Also, if possible, we would like to know the approximate date of the release of 2.0 version of the campaign.

1. I suggest a complete rewrite of the dialogues in the Human campaign, to make it more serious, since it's the only parody campaign, while the other 3 are not, so it's kinda unsynchronised;
2. In the Orc campaign, I suggest bringing back the Brilliance aura on Drek'thar, as well as giving him an inventory in chapter 4, and giving him his teleportation spellbook, starting with that chapter, as it will become really useful in later chapters, so that the player doesn't have to constantly buy teleportation scrolls. In chapter 6, Witch Doctors should have Healing Wards. Also, I suggest fixing the bug in chapter 10 when ally AI doesn't rebuild destroyed structures to fully regain a 100% upkeep cap, but to a 90% at most, as well as the other destroyed train-unit buildings. And putting different hotkeys on Drek'thar's Forked Lightning spell and Far Sight spell.
3. I also suggest reworking the Scourge campaign, the same way you did the Orc campaign (inserting legendary items, reworking of the Dreadlords spells (damn, Dalvengyr's ultimate is painfully useless, Dark Portal spell that summons 2-3 felhounds would be better, and there should be a healing spell on one of the dreadlord - i suggest Death Coil), and not boosting the stats (HP, damage, armor) of the AI in chapter 10, but perhaps increasing number of units in an attack wave). Also, in that campaign, of maybe in the Night Elf campaign, I suggest revealing the identity of a mysterious voice that alerts Magroth about the Dreadlords and their powers.

And one question - can you tell me the name of the song (or at least post a link to it in a reply of this message) that you used in chapter 10 of the Orc campaign, as well as the chapter 9 of the Highborne storyline, the one that sounds like it's the final battle?

After finishing 2.0 version of the Malfurion's Quest campaign, as well as the upgrading the Scourge campaign, it would be amazing to see all of the campaigns - voice acted. I, for one, loved it in the Human campaign.

P.S. Also, i didn't get to download the version of the campaign where there are 6 developed chapters of the Sentinel storyline (with the Cave of Shadows as a last developed chapter), so if you could send it in a reply of this message, I would really appreciate it - it would be an excellent entertainment while waiting for the 2.0 version :) As for the 2.0 version, I have no doubts at all that it will be a masterpiece campaign :)

Anyways, hope to see your reply soon. And keep up with the amazing work you've done so far :)

I'm okay with that except and cheat part
even tho is needed if you get overwhelmed

Level 31
Greetings, Turnro

Greetings,

Thanks for the informative post. I'll answer the questions you have asked throughout the post:
First, and most important of all, all of us are very, very hungry for some information regarding the development of the Sentinel storyline of this campaign, since it's been months since your last update on the development progress. Saying this, I mainly mean the development of the storyline, and which is very important - date of when you will begin to develop the remaining chapters of the Sentinel storyline.

Given the near release of Reforged, I'm leaving any major development updates for the time being. The changes Blizzard makes to the base game will affect the amount of development time on Malfurion's Quest, but rest assured the project is still being worked on. Planning of the actual missions and such is still going, and I will have a rough idea when development of the maps will begin once Blizzard announces the release date of Reforged at Blizzcon.
Where is Jarod Shadowsong in chapter 6?

You will be able to play Jarod in Chapter 6 if you acquired him in the previous chapter. However, there was a bug in v1.3b to do with game caching issues mostly due to all the missions being unlocked on download.

Unfortunately, there is no release date for Malfurion's Quest 2.0 yet as I do not wish to rush the project. A date will be given further along the development of the project.

It's the Blackrock theme from Warlords of Draenor. The song can be found here:

Sorry, I don't keep previous versions of my campaigns. In addition, there will be some changes made to the existing Sentinel maps that will make them different in v2.0.

Overall, you can expect to hear more specific news about Malfurion's Quest later in the year ;)

Level 3
Greetings, Turnro!

I thank you for a quick and effective reply to my previous post. I would like to use this opportunity to invite anyone else on the thread who possesses 1.3b version of the campaign - to send it to me into PM, or in a reply to this post. I also noticed an issue: while playing 1.2b version, before engaging a powerful neutral creep-camp (or a high-leveled creep), I usually save the game, so that I can avoid any casualties, and if there are any, i just load the game and replay the fight. However, the issue I'm referring to is about an item dropped by creeps. For example, if I would kill a level 9 Thunder Lizard, it would drop a strength-boosting item. But, if I load the game and kill it again, it drops an Intelligence/Agility boosting item. The problem is - the items creeps from the same creep camp drop are not constant, and are different, depending on the game load. Same goes for scrolls of healing/scrolls of mana/scrolls of protection, and for the potions of healing/mana, so I don't know if it's a bug or it was intended.

Level 31
Greetings, Turnro!

I thank you for a quick and effective reply to my previous post. I would like to use this opportunity to invite anyone else on the thread who possesses 1.3b version of the campaign - to send it to me into PM, or in a reply to this post. I also noticed an issue: while playing 1.2b version, before engaging a powerful neutral creep-camp (or a high-leveled creep), I usually save the game, so that I can avoid any casualties, and if there are any, i just load the game and replay the fight. However, the issue I'm referring to is about an item dropped by creeps. For example, if I would kill a level 9 Thunder Lizard, it would drop a strength-boosting item. But, if I load the game and kill it again, it drops an Intelligence/Agility boosting item. The problem is - the items creeps from the same creep camp drop are not constant, and are different, depending on the game load. Same goes for scrolls of healing/scrolls of mana/scrolls of protection, and for the potions of healing/mana, so I don't know if it's a bug or it was intended.

It is possible to have random items drop from creeps in Warcraft 3. This was a deliberate feature to make the item drops a little different each time you played the campaign.

Level 31
Hey guys! The end of 2019 is upon us, and the time has come for me to give in update in regards to the development of Malfurion's Quest. In addition, I also need to inform you all how my campaign series will be affected by the release of Warcraft 3: Reforged.

Enjoy the video and I look forward to continue making Warcraft 3 content in 2020 :)

Level 8
Hey guys! The end of 2019 is upon us, and the time has come for me to give in update in regards to the development of Malfurion's Quest. In addition, I also need to inform you all how my campaign series will be affected by the release of Warcraft 3: Reforged.

Enjoy the video and I look forward to continue making Warcraft 3 content in 2020 :)
So can we still play it in the original wc3?

Level 1
Hi, I just played this campaign and right now at the third chapter...
And I noticed that the map causes so much lag.
The cinematics ran fine even the chapters and interlude that came before it. However, when the game starts where I should be taking control of Malfurion and the other sentinels, the game lags so much. When I pause, the lag decreases gradually to a point where it's smooth again but when I un-pause, it just lags again.

This is the first time, the game lagged this much. I really wanna play it, has anyone else got this issue before?

Level 1
At the current time, there is no such feature as custom campaign in Reforged, so what will happen to your projects if blizz does not do anything. I was really (and still am) hyped about the final version of Malfurions quest. I just hope all of your awesome work will not be for nothing

Level 31
At the current time, there is no such feature as custom campaign in Reforged, so what will happen to your projects if blizz does not do anything. I was really (and still am) hyped about the final version of Malfurions quest. I just hope all of your awesome work will not be for nothing

It is too early at this stage to know exactly what will happen. All we can do for now is wait and see.

Level 4
It is too early at this stage to know exactly what will happen. All we can do for now is wait and see.

It's possible they forgot to add Custom campaign button in Reforged like on ROC (Raign of Chaos) they mmight as well add this feature back in (as well as bug fixes/graohic fiuxes)

Level 3
Greetings, Turnro

Are there any news on the Sentinel path development? And will you make the entire campaign compatible for 1.27 patch, since it is impossible to play on the later patches, since all later patches have been affected by the Reforged release, and are unable to play custom campaigns?

Level 3
So I'm only at chapter 3 on hard and I already gave up. Any advice on how to beat Illidan's base? They are basically your units but far superior. They have full tech tree while you only have the first level upgrades and adept casters at best, plus Illidan has one additional unit with a stun. Malfurion and Kathranis also cannot do anything because they are always silenced for some reason. When I look at the debuff icon it says orb of sight but somehow it silences also? Also AI doesn't seem to break aggro either so I can't even protect my siege units to focus buildings. I could really use some help here.

Edit: Finally I did it. What I did was that I trained mass glaive launchers and a frontliner group, faced an incoming attack near the gold mine closer to the Illidan's base and used Malfurion's ulti to quickly wipe them so they don't build in the meantime (gotta be lucky to not get interrupted though), draw the group within the base to yourself a little bit then finish off with glaive launchers. I guess they were the answer all along. Appreciate the answer below as well, thanks.

Last edited: