• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making the minimap hide an area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have a map where players enter caves and then are teleported to another part of the map which is the inside of the cave.

The insides of the caves are in the southern part of the map and I would love it if I could cut them out of the minimap. It looks strange to a player when they enter a cave and see their hero teleported across the map. Is there a way to hide the minimap for a while? I tried restricting camera bounds, but that doesn't help with the minimap.

I think this can be solved, I recall maps made with space that use planets in a similar way. Also, it would be good if while in the cave the heroes couldn't see the minimap at all.

Level 14
You mean you don't want the unit's dot on the minimap to move?
How about hiding the display of your unit (Object Editor field: Stats - Hide Minimap Display: True)?

You can't alter directly the minimap in-game. Why Camera Bounds didn't work for you?

I really just want to cover an area with blackness on the mini-map. Oddly black mask isn't working for me. I'm very new to this area of the editor, so maybe it's a simple mistake. I tried to make a test map to see how black mask works but it seems to do nothing.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing start as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: now
      • Visibility - Enable black mask
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Black mask across North <gen>
      • Set north = (Last created visibility modifier)
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Black mask across South <gen>
      • Set south = (Last created visibility modifier)
  • test1
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing test1 as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: 1
      • Visibility - Enable north
      • Visibility - Disable south
When the second trigger fires nothing happens.

Level 14
Last edited:
Level 14
Status
Not open for further replies.