• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hide ping in minimap after doing an research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone, please help me. I can not hide the ping signal on the minimap when a building completes an research.
How can I hide this, thanks.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Edit: Nevermind, training units creates a ping too. I was going to suggest using Units as Upgrades but that won't work.

I tried a few things but couldn't find a nice solution. You could always Research your upgrades using triggers and abilities.

"A unit starts the effect of an ability -> Ability being cast = Animal War Training -> Wait 30.00 seconds then Set Research level of Animal War Training to 1".

You can base the ability off of Charged Gold and Lumber to mimic the Gold/Lumber cost. The only problem is if you wanted to cancel the Research you would have to figure out some way of doing that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.