• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Ping Model as the Minimap Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
An image (the original minimap image file) is turned into a model, and I used this model as the ping. When I triggered the ping in game, the minimap shows no visible changes.

What am I doing wrong? Is something wrong with the model itself or does the game not accept the model as ping?

The model is meant to hide the expanded map area and the rectangular box that comes with a camera bounded to a region. @A Void has shown that hiding the box under the ping is possible in this thread.

I am hoping to use other minimap indicators to dynamically change the minimap image in game.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Make sure your texture is not corrupted. Try using a standard Warcraft III texture for the ping model texture first and see if it loads. A good one would be the Gryphon Rider or any easily identifiable texture. If the model still does not work then it is a bug with the model, otherwise it is a bug with your custom texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.