• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ping minimap with color for all players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I'm working on this murder map, and I'm adding a GPS item that pings all victims with color. There is a trigger Cinematic- Ping minimap with color, but the color apparently cannot be automatically set to color of owner.

• Player Group - Pick every player in (All players controlled by a User player) and do (Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Picked player) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Victim (Male 2))) and do (Cinematic - Ping minimap for (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) at (Position of (Picked unit)) for 1.00 seco
Is there an easy way to set it such that the color of the ping matches with the owner of the unit?

Level 37
One idea is to find out the R, G and B values for player colours.

Like red for Player 1 might be 200, 164, 55. (Just making up these numbers)

Create three real arrays, then initialize them with those values.

• Color_Array_1[1] =200
  • Color_Array_2[1] = 164
  • Color_Array_3[1] = 55
and the same for other players.

I think there's a list for the correct RGB values for player colours somewhere, though I'm not sure.

Then

• Untitled Trigger 088
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Integer_1 = (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of (Playable map area)) for 1.00 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (Color_Array_1[Temp_Integer_1]%, Color_Array_2[Temp_Integer_1]%, Color_Array_3[Temp_Integer_1]%)

Level 2
Had that in mind but was wondering if there were a less tedious way. Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.