• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to hide gold mine icon on the minimap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi,
Q1.)
I would like to know how to hide the gold resource icon on the minimap without importing a custom icon for it.

I tried
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Neutral Building - Turn special minimap icon Off for (Picked unit))
but it's not working.

Q2.)
If I import a custom icon model and color it white (just like the hero minimap icon model) will it work like the hero minimap icon model, I mean will the 'mine' retain its owner's color, or is it a hero icon model only thingy?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Level 34
I only maybe can answer the first one:

Select the goldmine 'building' in the Units Object Editor and try to find the name ''Display this unit on minimap? True/False''

Level 17
Ok, after 20 minutes of searching, trial and error I couldn't make it.
I figure I should change at least one of the following lines:

-Model - minimap resource (I didn't notice anything when I changed it)

-Icon - Minimap Resource (when I set it to blank the whole minimap goes black, I should set the default, UI\Minimap\minimap-gold.blp, to something else, but I have no idea what.

Does somebody know?

Last edited:
Level 6
oh.. yeah xD didn't see that -.-

well.. i dunno if you can make it change colors for each player (atleast it shouldn't be able in the game interface)

Level 6
I'm pretty sure it can be done without importing custom files, I just don't know what's the path for the regular units.

I know the path for the units. It's ReplaceableTextures\TeamColor\TeamColor01 - 15 (They are only a, f.e. a red dot for Player 1 (Red) and a blue for Player 2 (Blue))

What i meant here:
me said:
well.. i dunno if you can make it change colors for each player (atleast it shouldn't be able in the game interface)
..is that you can't set it to change path for each player without using a code or trigger, or something.

Level 19
let me check ...

Bad News:
You know unit minimap icons change color due to team color and team color display option
Because they are models with Team color image
BUT gold mine minimap icon isnt a model it is an image

So you have to make Gold mine get recodnized as a normal unit instead of changing Minimap icon
Well... Ive tried many ways
And noticed that its impossible for something with Gold Mine ability

Good News:

Disalbe Gold Mine's minimap icon and make it create a dummy on creating Gold Mine and remove dummy when its destroyed
Not something hard with handlevars

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I tried using the Hide Special Minimap Icon action some time ago, and yes, it doesn't seem to work. I wonder why.

I'm going to move this to the Solved Problems archive, if you wish to keep it in the Help Zone, you can ask here (or send me a PM).
For others reading this: you can still post here if you wish.
~Problem Solved & Renamed (from "How to hide gold mine resource on the minimap?" to " How to hide gold mine icon on the minimap?")

Status
Not open for further replies.