• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a team storage structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
This must be easy, but I am a bit lost.

How do I turn a building with Inventory(hero) to be usable by all heroes from a team? I want to make a few crates and cabinets as a shared storage on my map.

I tried to add the cabinet to a friendly computer player, but you cannot retrieve items from it.

I tried to add the cabinet to a neutral passive faction, but you cannot drop items in it.

Any help please?

Level 3
Well, try obvious solution.
Add the crate to a friendly computer player AND make a trigger which would make the computer 'Ally with shared vision and full shared units' to you. (Player - Set Alliance)
Wouldnt it work?

Level 9
Well, try obvious solution.
Add the crate to a friendly computer player AND make a trigger which would make the computer 'Ally with shared vision and full shared units' to you. (Player - Set Alliance)
Wouldnt it work?

problem with that would be that the user can use all units owned by said player, and not only the building

Level 3
problem with that would be that the user can use all units owned by said player, and not only the building

Ehm, I actually thought that these crates would be the only units which that computer owns..

upd: Well, here's another suggestion: you can add -dropX command to order these uncontrolable crates to drop the items. But I dont think it would be too comfortable. Still, its a spare option for you.

Level 12
Well, I guess I have to waste a player slot to make such crates... *Sadface*

Are you sure there no other ways to implement this? I would love to use "neutral" if I can.

Oh wait, can you set control over "neutral" units without real bad consequences?

Also I think I saw containers with "yellow" selection circle (which means they are not shared) which may be operated in this way, but I may be wrong.

Level 3
Well, I guess I have to waste a player slot to make such crates... *Sadface*

Are you sure there no other ways to implement this? I would love to use "neutral" if I can.

Oh wait, can you set control over "neutral" units without real bad consequences?

Also I think I saw containers with "yellow" selection circle (which means they are not shared) which may be operated in this way, but I may be wrong.

Well, I know that you cant gain vision share with neutral, but about shared units.. Why not? Try it!

Level 12
This looks like a good solution, I will try it.

But the system I am looking for is a bit different.

I've found where it was made:

There're maps Ice Troll Tribes, Island Troll Tribes and Jungle Troll Tribes.
There each building retain the creator's ownership, but they can be used by the whole team easily without changing ownership or giving control.

Does anybody know how is it done there? That's exactly what I need. I make a dwarven RPG/survival style map where I need workshops to be shared in the same manner.

P.S. Haxel's idea worked fine but it stops other players from usage of a picked building while another player selects it. I would like a "troll tribes" version if someone can help me please :p.

Level 12
Thank you, DragoonZombie, it's what I searched for.

I use both methods by the way, because I want Workshops to be "claimed" by player while he operates them, and Containers to be "shared" all the time.

So you both were of a great help, thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.