• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Valible targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antares

Spell Reviewer
Level 21
Hello,

i wanted to make a spell able to target friendly units as well as neutral units (neutral passive).

I dont get this shit. I tried every possible combinations of valid targets, but it never worked.

Is it just me or is this system without any logic?

When i made "ground, structure, friend, neutral, vulnerable, invulnerable", it said: "The target must be a friendly unit", when i tried targeting a neutral unit.
I removed the friend flag, and it still said the same thing. When i targeted a friendly unit, it said: "Friendly units cannot be targeted."

WTF?

Antares

Spell Reviewer
Level 21
You must use a base spell which can be used on both itself. It's just... Blizzard.
Explain what spell does?

thx for the answers.

its the Staff of Teleportation abilty from the item.

besides, can someone explain me the valid targets system? i really dont get it. some of these flags seem to be including, others excluding. if I would make such a system, I would make either ALL flags including or ALL flags excluding.

Level 6
Well, in case of Staff of Teleportation you will have to trigger it. It is possible, quite easy.

Take Holy Light and set amount of hitpoints and damage to 0.01, will work as a dummy spell, remove animation, and trigger teleport for ability being cast.

Antares

Spell Reviewer
Level 21
First it checks air/ground, then ally/enemy/neutral, then ancient/hero/building/etc.

So for example with marked hero, ground, ally it will work only for ally ground heroes.

that is pretty much self-explanatory. what I meant was the logic behind what is included on default, what is excluded with the flags etc.

i still dont know if "ground, air, enemy, neutral" includes self or not. does "ground, air, enemy, neutral, self" exclude everything but self? etc

they should have just let us write our own targeting conditions. so one could include things like (mechanical AND enemy) OR (organic AND friend)

Last edited:
Level 18
i still dont know if "ground, air, enemy, neutral" includes self or not. does "ground, air, enemy, neutral, self" exclude everything but self? etc
No it doesnt include self because you have enemy and neutral what disables it. If have friendly it still doesn`t work for yourself coz it`s still not specified for wc3 enaugh.
On the second one: no if I remember right.You`ll still be able to cast it at neutral and at yourself. Self is like addition while friendly and enemy are mains.

But yeah, it`s kinda stupid coz just for marking heroes it disables everything else.

Yeah, it`s probably bug. It`s just like Holy Bolt. Even with ticked 'Can be casted on yourself' in-game you cannot. Base it on other ability.
I got holy light to target self as well as allies. You must have not tried hard enough to get the combination right. I can't remember which one I used, but I had to get it to work because when the hero was playing single player the heal was fracking useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.