• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Targets allowed help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there!

How to manipulate 'Thorns Aura' so that it only works on Neutral units (hostile)?

I've switched the targeting around and the only way I've gotten it to work is to have it as well work on Enemy heroes / units which is exactly what I don't want.

Not seeing an allow targets except for opposition (player or computers). Basically just want to configure a copy of Thorns Aura to not work against enemies rather just neutral hostile units.

Tried setting targets allowed to solely Neutral and that doesn’t appear to work for us. Tried adding the Neutral tag to the combat targeted as and that doesn’t appear to work either.

Please assist :)!!

Level 12
I don't think that's possible. Triggering your own thorns aura is pretty easy though, so you might want to go with that route. It would basically be something like: "When a unit is damaged -> If the damaged unit has the buff 'Thorns Aura' & damage type is not 'Spells' & Damaging unit is a melee attacker -> Deal X damage to the damaging unit". It has some edge cases like damage from a reflected attack (from Defend) or units that are both melee and ranged attackers, but it should work in most cases. If you need to handle the edge cases there is a thread by Bribe (iirc) that might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.