• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Object Editor is Trying to Rage me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i create a spell with Life Drain.
When i test the spell ,

case 1 - (i test with a enemy hero, "You must target a friendly unit")

WTF i using the default target allowed.

case 2 - (because of case 1 , i try to cast on friendly hero, "You can't target a Friendly Unit")

And i tried "Air , Enemy , Ground , Hero , Neutral , Organic." and repeat step 1 , it's same....:goblin_sleep:

Level 33
Did you;
Data - Hit Points Gained: 0.00

In the Object Editor ?
Well, if you don't want the Life Drain to occur, at least make it 0.01 or change the Life Drain interval to a high value making the spell only sucks a small (very small) portion of HP from the unit, making it negligible data

NOTE: You must set the Hit Points Gain to a value higher than 0.00

Level 4
Did you;
Data - Hit Points Gained: 0.00

In the Object Editor ?
Well, if you don't want the Life Drain to occur, at least make it 0.01 or change the Life Drain interval to a high value making the spell only sucks a small (very small) portion of HP from the unit, making it negligible data

NOTE: You must set the Hit Points Gain to a value higher than 0.00

Yes i did it , can i know why that will happen?

Level 33
Because the game can't function properly

Imagine, you are Life Drain an enemy unit with 0 value, now what are you draining, dude ? 0 value ?

It's like going to the Bank and you withdraw 0 money from it.

It makes no sense at all, that will cause the game engine can't translate what is happening with the spell

Just change it to 0.01, that should solve the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.